Goodbye NX, hello Switch

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
Yeah that game looked like crap from the start. Frankly they were wise to not make it a pack-in, lest it taint the whole console throughout its life.

Even with Prime discount 1 2 Switch seemed stupid when Snipperclips is $20. Hell I can get Snipperclips for fun multiplayer and Has-Been-Heroes to use the HD Rumble for less than 1 2 Switch.

When its $15 in a bargain bin I might buy it.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Game saves are only saved to internal memory, can't put them on SD, no way to move them or back them up in any way. They need to fix that ASAP because if you lose or damage your Switch, you're SOL.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
ProJared gave Zelda: BOTW a 10/10. IGN also gave it a 10. Game looks awesome and can't wait to play it tomorrow.

Last edited:

HOOfan 1

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2007
Game saves are only saved to internal memory, can't put them on SD, no way to move them or back them up in any way. They need to fix that ASAP because if you lose or damage your Switch, you're SOL.

Nintendo just being Nintendo. This is why I wish they would just become a software company like Sega.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
Nintendo just being Nintendo. This is why I wish they would just become a software company like Sega.

Ewww. Sega is a shadow of itself in its post-hardware era.

People dream of BOTW on the PS4, when a third party Nintendo would more likely be Super Mario Run 2 with microtransactions added. There is very little chance they would create games like BOTW without hardware sales driving those decisions.

Edit: More options beyond friend codes coming:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/2/14792066/nintendo-switch-friend-code-response

Last edited:

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
In still very annoyed with not having an option to use headphones while in TV mode, unless you want to sit very close to the the dock so your headphone goes on to the headphone port. The WiiU had this option as does every other modern console.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
In still very annoyed with not having an option to use headphones while in TV mode, unless you want to sit very close to the the dock so your headphone goes on to the headphone port. The WiiU had this option as does every other modern console.
I'm more annoyed that I can't use my Jaybird X2's while playing it on my flight on Monday.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I'm certain it would be fixed with a future firmware update. There's no way this console is lacking Bluetooth capability.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
It's not lacking bluetooth compatibility. But the software isn't there to use headphones via bluetooth. It will eventually be patched in but pretty inexcusable that it's not there at launch.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
It's not lacking bluetooth compatibility. But the software isn't there to use headphones via bluetooth. It will eventually be patched in but pretty inexcusable that it's not there at launch.
Yea seriously. I use headphones when playing console's on my TV because of neighbors (apartments) and not together bug my fiancée.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013

I wish they would find a way to piggyback or partner with Sony or MS. What they should do is ink an exclusive deal with MS, who would give them so much money for exclusive.

What I really think is happening is that Japan's labor laws means that they cannot eliminate their hardware division so easily, and so with all of the weird tax and labor regulations it makes more sense to just keep running he hardware business.

Aren't most camera makers in Japan also losing money? They still keep on pumping out new products.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
ProJared gave Zelda: BOTW a 10/10. IGN also gave it a 10. Game looks awesome and can't wait to play it tomorrow.

It's a Zelda game, anything less than 9.5 would have a mob at the editor's door with pitchforks. Personally I can't stand the over cranked contrast cell shaded graphics.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Just called Walmart and they are going to be having a midnight release tonight too even though they close at midnight. The one closest to me (still not that close like 25 minutes) has 20 pro controllers according to brickseek. Man I may have to trek out there but shit tomorrow morning is going to be rough at work if i do that.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Alright I got a pro controller secured. I called one of the GameStops near me and they said they had extra controllers, then told me I could come in and pay for it now then come pick it up at midnight. So I just went in and did that and also prepaid for Zelda too. Sucks I have to go back at midnight but oh well, only way to secure it.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I had preordered the Switch from Gamestop (never saw it available on Amazon), but I didn't pay for release day shipping since I figured I'd just play Horizon over the weekend instead (awesome game so far).

I got a nice surprise, however, when I checked my tracking number tonight and it said "Scheduled For Early Delivery On:Friday, 03/03/2017, By End of Day".

Looks like my gaming choice just got a lot tougher for this weekend.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
Whaaaaaaaaaat nice

Also got my Joycons. They are TINY. The Switch is going to be way smaller than I thought.

And holy crap the left one is SOO much better in 2p mode it's crazy.

Overall though I am really glad I have a pro controller. No way is a Joycon equivalent for couch gaming. They honestly feel kinda cheap even though they aren't. The charging grip is a joke for $30.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
So do you think the Switch can be flipped on eBay for 100% quick profit?

I actually think it will be a huge flop, but if there are profits, why not?

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
So do you think the Switch can be flipped on eBay for 100% quick profit?

I actually think it will be a huge flop, but if there are profits, why not?

Hmmm, you can take a chance but keep in mind that there is no way this will come close to being as popular as the Wii launch and it is not near the holidays so the demand may be lacking.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Hmmm, you can take a chance but keep in mind that there is no way this will come close to being as popular as the Wii launch and it is not near the holidays so the demand may be lacking.
Yup like you said, no holiday rush.

Us all buying it right now are beta testers for the coming holiday launch.