Good space games?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: GarfieldtheCat
Freespace and Freespace II

Yep! Better than any Wingcommander games! And I loved the wingcommander games too.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Which joy stick do you all recomend for freespace also how od you get the updater to work ?

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
x3 ?

If you get the X games, get them from steam... otherwise it will infect you with the StarForce malware / rootkit DRM.

X3 Reunion is now malware/DRM/Starfarce free with the 2.0.02 patch.

With the release of 2.0.x, X³ no longer requires the physical media nor Starforce in order to run. If you wish to install X³ without installing Starforce, the procedure is as follows: Install X³ 1.0 from the CDs/DvD. Do not run the game! Apply the 1.0 -> 2.0.02 patch. Run the game. This will prevent Starforce from installing unnecessarily, as it does not install until you run the game for the first time.

It's things like this that we should support, I'm ready to through money at any company who does this.

X3 is a really fun game to play but if you have the goal of "RULING THE UNIVERSE" it will take a cpl years off your life. By ruling the universe I mean owning and defending every sector.

I did put it aside for a bit but with my new system and with the malware removal I may give it another go.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: you2
Which joy stick do you all recomend for freespace also how od you get the updater to work ?
There is no real "joystick-per-game" recommendation. Just use whatever feel comfortable.
In any joystick I usually recommend at least one 8-way hat, 4 buttons on the stick, and 4 more on the base.

If the updater doesnt work you will have to find the patches and install them manually.
Google.
http://www.freespace2.com/downloads.cfm#freespace2patch