Good pizza.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
For a good retail pizza that beats all the chain crapizza places you can't beat Costco. I'm not talking about the icecube pasta shit they sell inside, I'm talking about the pizza they sell outside. The quality and cost can't be beat.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
It's definitely good. And cheeeeeesy. And greasyyyyyyy. But I don't like it after it cools down, even if I heat it up again. It's only good the first time it's made.

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
For a good pizza that beats all the chain crapizza places you can't beat Home Made. The quality and cost can't be beat.

Edited for correctness.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
We need a Costco here. Sam's isn't nearly as good.

It's pretty similar. Sam's slightly cheaper so it's about even trade.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
they sell pizza outside at the Costco you go to? that's kinda cool i guess. is it like a farmer's market Costco?

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Good pizza only comes from New York. Seriously, it's the only place on the planet that you can get good pizza. You can get decent pizza from a number of places, hell, I make a decent pizza, but good pizza only comes from New York.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Sams Club has better pizza if you ask me, and you can get chili + cheese on the hot dogs. So Sams Club for teh wins!

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Good pizza only comes from New York. Seriously, it's the only place on the planet that you can get good pizza. You can get decent pizza from a number of places, hell, I make a decent pizza, but good pizza only comes from New York.
are you sure it isn't great there, and good elsewhere? because even shitty pizza is "decent". i mean, i've never stopped eating a pizza because it was less than good or great, so it must at least be decent... just sayin

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001

In that case, you should check out Bronx Pizza in Hillcrest. I think it's on Washington or University, near the UCSD Medical Center. That place is the sh!t. I could go for some right now.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

False. Not sure what else to say about that :)

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: QueBert
Sams Club has better pizza if you ask me, and you can get chili + cheese on the hot dogs. So Sams Club for teh wins!

Indeed. It's a plus that our local walmart also stocks the sams club pizzas. Good stuff :p

Pretty cheap too ^_^

sobriquet

Sep 10, 2002
Originally posted by: oiprocs

In that case, you should check out Bronx Pizza in Hillcrest. I think it's on Washington or University, near the UCSD Medical Center. That place is the sh!t. I could go for some right now.

Dang, I used to live like 4 blocks from that place. Ate loooots of pizza.

cardiac

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999

Had fresh NY pizza the few times I was there, and Chicago pizza is better. My opinion.... Geno's East or Lou Malnati's...Can't be beat.

Flash1969

Golden Member
May 11, 2001

lol

Extelleron

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2005

Forgetting Naples?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I actually prefer just about any chain pizza to Costco's pizza. Costco's pizza would be great if it weren't so greasy.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
Costco pizza doesn't do anything for me. It's below avg imho.

Same. But it's cheap and the slice is large.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: cardiac

Had fresh NY pizza the few times I was there, and Chicago pizza is better. My opinion.... Geno's East or Lou Malnati's...Can't be beat.

Your opinion is wrong.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I actually like Costco's take-and-bake pizzas better than their pre-made pizzas. Not talking about frozen pizzas, they're just refrigerated.

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
Costco pizza is pretty good, definitely lots better than that sam club shit they call pizza.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I've never had home-made pizza that I really loved.

but in my experience, local pizza joints >>> chain restaurants any day.