Good Meal Replacement and Recovery Drink?

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
My injury to my shoulder has finally healed and I am looking to get back into my hardcore lifting habits again.

I just rebought a bunch of suplements including 10lb ON Whey and 2LBS Cellmass.

Because my workouts are intense I really need to find a good Recovery Drink for after lifting since my muscles ache for a day or 2. I also am looking for a good meal replacement.

I shop at Vitaglo.com so could anyone recommend something from there?

Mar 22, 2002
Usually, you can drink a protein shake with milk and get a lot of nutrients that you body needs. If you feel you have to go the extra mile, instead of taking your whole multivitamin in the morning, break it in half. Take half in the morning and half after your workout. That's pretty much all you need. No supplement is gonna make you much less sore. However, if you continue lifting through the soreness (not destroying yourself when you're pretty sore), then it'll go away eventually.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: SociallyChallenged
Usually, you can drink a protein shake with milk and get a lot of nutrients that you body needs. If you feel you have to go the extra mile, instead of taking your whole multivitamin in the morning, break it in half. Take half in the morning and half after your workout. That's pretty much all you need. No supplement is gonna make you much less sore. However, if you continue lifting through the soreness (not destroying yourself when you're pretty sore), then it'll go away eventually.
Maybe, but I still say it is the talk of a 20 something. :) Psychosomatic, real, whatever, creatine and whey protein shakes have significantly improved my recovery process in every aspect. /anecdotal commentary.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Meal replacement:

Banana
1.5 c milk
1/2 c oats
1/2 c whole bran
1/3 c whey
2 tbs natural peanut butter
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs honey

Blend and enjoy. Substitute water for milk for added healthiness. Toss some berries in if you feel like it.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I use protein shakes by Premier Nutrition. Get em at Costco for a great price. 30g protein, 5 net carbs, no added sugar, 3g fat.