Good deal on digicams: Fuji MX-1200 for $150, MX-2900 for $400

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oldcycles

Mar 13, 2000
usb
I think.
I'm pretty sure.
At least that is what I thought.
Now I have to go look again.
Duh

nagibbs

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2000
Is this a refurbished MX-1200? Nowhere on their description page of the camera can I see anything about a warranty or that the camera is new. I would order but have these questions.

nagibbs@iquest.net

J-Dub

Jan 18, 2000
A usb reader is a must with these cameras, especially the MX-2900 due to the large file sizes.

I ordered the MX-2900 from massmerchandise.com and then picked up a 32MB smartmedia card (~$50) and a usb reader (~$30) from buy.com.

nagibbs

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2000
Massmerchandise.com = S...C...A...M on the Fuji MX-1200 Digital Camera.

Called this morning (monday) about the camera and was told that the sale was over. I asked where on the web page description did it indicate a sale and when it ended. Of course it didn't say. The price jumped to $199.99
during the last hour and I was told that they are now on backorder and it would be quite awhile before they came in. Well, in my book that is a
"bait and switch". They are off my list!!!

nagibbs@iquest.net

Bob61

May 1, 2000
My order, at $149, has changed to "pending shipment". Here's hoping that they ship it, nice deal.

sun818

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2000
If you are in Southern California, Fry's Electronics has a warm deal on Smart Media 32MB for $49.95 + tax. Its a POI brand, import from Japan. Comes in a plastic case.

Oldcycles

Mar 13, 2000
I ordered mine saturday and it said shipment pending then to.
Mine is still pending.
Doesn't their site say ship 24 to 72 hours?

edit cause i can't spell.

poolshark

Dec 19, 1999
If mASSmerchandise doesnt deliver these cameras we must email them to tell them that we will ruin them at resellerratings

Oldcycles

Mar 13, 2000
I agree.
It took them 3 days to change the price after I ordered.
There is no excuse for them to take that long if it was a mistake.

LargerMarge

Oct 2, 2000
Check out the Nikon Coolpix 800, 2.11 megapixels. you can have staples PM firstsource.com who has it for $362, then use one of the $40 off coupons.

MisterPotatoHead

Jul 10, 2000
Buyer beware

I have an MX-1200 and am currently looking for a new digital camera. I haven't been very happy with it. It takes a long time to take a picture, like about an 8 second recovery time before you can snap again. The serial port is PAINFULLY slow (about 1 picture per minute) and it comes with a 4 MEG stick, which holds only 13 pics on 1024 resolution.

It's a good deal for it (if it can be had for 150, which it looks like it can't now).. Amazon has it for about 200, which I think is the average going price.

-POT

poolshark

Dec 19, 1999
well my camera is still pending shipment and there is a note on my
order saying they are sorry this item has sold out.Looks like resellerratings will have a lot of negative comments about mASSmerchandise. What is Mass about them if they only had 1 camera

J-Dub

Jan 18, 2000
I called massmerchandise.com today and was told that my MX-2900 shipped even though their site still shows "Shipment Pending." Their customer service rep was very helpful and the phone was answered almost immediately.

bigjon

Mar 24, 2000
Excellent price, excellent camera (I have one). You can get it at Wal-Mart for $199 now, so depending on how much a hurry you're in to get it and how much shipping is and how much risk you want to take at massmerchandise.....

Kato

Oct 9, 1999
I also have a MX-1200. This is one fun camera to use. I can take pictures one every two seconds or less using NiMH batteries. This is the typical recycle time according to reviews of this camera. I don't know why MisterPotatoHead's takes such a long time to reset. Perhaps it's defective. Excellent review at imaging-resource on the camera with bunch of sample pix.

MisterPotatoHead

Jul 10, 2000
I snap the picture, regardless of the mode.. and it gives me a blinking orange light for about 5 full seconds, then takes another couple of seconds to re-initialize. I was definitely happy with it at first, but I've been taking a lot of pictures recently and the serial cable is just killing me. Can't go wrong for a price of 150 though.

-POT

Oldcycles

Mar 13, 2000
J-dub
How did you get through?
Every time I try to call I get an answering machine.
Even for there operator.
Did anyone else get through?

J-Dub

Jan 18, 2000
Oldcycles:

From their site, "Call 1-800-775-4783, 9-5pm, Pacific Standard Time."

I called about 2pm Pacific. When it first answers you will get an automated message where you need to choose the option for Mass Merchandise customer service. After I did this my call was transferred and someone answered almost immediately.