Going paintballing tomorrow for the first time.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
I just went paintballing for the first time a month ago. My advice is don't stay in the same place the whole time. That's something most newbs do because they're afraid to get shot. You might feel safer staying behind cover, but once everyone knows where you are you'll never hit anyone because they all know where your shots are coming from.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: EGGO
Stress on the safety issues they'll teach you. It's a gun and I've seen what can happen when you don't have toppers on despite not having your paintball canisters and gas in.

The hits won't hurt as bad as you think.

Wear crappy clothes, don't try to wear camos, they're useless when the game is on, really.

Do not pick up unbursted paintballs from the ground, it will really hurt your gun.

The rest is experience. You'll learn how to plan and how to play better with time.

camo matters if you are playing woodsball, but most people are too wussy to play real woodsball nowadays.

Feb 19, 2001
So we didn't play real woodsball. I figured it wouldn't be real woods since it's in Davis, CA. Imagine the middle of nowhere in CA.... yeah. Fields. Cows. It was mainly wooden pallets and haystacks as obstacles.

There were 15 of us and I'd say half were girls? 2 of the guys play paintball plenty. The more pro one didn't bring his gun so he was stuck with rentals. At least we got decent semiautos.

I may have been a camper when I first played CS, but I was definitely no camper. Even if I didn't get advice about not camping, I'm not the type to camp against a group of newbies. It's kinda like how I played CS. I pushed barrier to barrier while keeping people pinned down. Definitely fun. Girls seriously camp too much and I didnt even know one of them was just hiding behind a barrier the whole time. She shot at my back 10 feet away since I thought it was clear. Ouch? Overall I had a kickass time. There was a 3v4 game where my team ran out of ammo and I had only 10 shots left. I charged in thinking I was screwed and since it was a 3v1 at the end and our target was pinned down I figured there was a good chance of scoring a kill. Little did I know I was the only one with ammo left.

Anyways, maybe I should go buy a marker now =)