Goddamn Titanfall is incredible

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
It'll lock up a bot super fast. It takes longer to lock up a pilot...but it's probably the most annoying gun in the game - virtually zero skill needed.

The smartpistol isn't an annoying weapon at all (at least, when the enemy is using it, not you). It's super gimped. If you die from a smartpistol during a face-to-face encounter, then you're really bad at Titanfall.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
It'll lock up a bot super fast. It takes longer to lock up a pilot...but it's probably the most annoying gun in the game - virtually zero skill needed.
For bots its ridiculously op, but against other players its not always easy. Id say its 50/50 for me. If it required no skill everyone would use it and have ridiculously high kill counts.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
The smartpistol isn't an annoying weapon at all (at least, when the enemy is using it, not you). It's super gimped. If you die from a smartpistol during a face-to-face encounter, then you're really bad at Titanfall.
I must be really bad then because i die face to face with quite often.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I honestly never understood why WoW of all games got so popular. Not saying it was bad, but they must have had some amazing marketing going on to get people who never even played games before to play it.
It came along at the right time and was very polished for what it was doing in general at the time.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

I don't die face to face as often as I die with someone jumping down behind me - no aiming needed, they just start locking on while jumping.

Also, the melee in this game is beyond suspect. I've watched replays where the melee doesn't even connect and it still counts. Also....can we be done with games having the one-hit instant kill melee? It was annoying back in the COD4 days, it's still annoying. Same goes for it in BF3+.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I don't mind the instant kill melee because its hard to do most of the time. only time i ever get to do it sneaking up behind a camper/sniper. usually in a close quarters battle i lose when we're both trying to melee.

one thing i do hate about this game is if you get disconnected or the game crashes, you don't get your points, even if you level up during the match. But it still takes away your burn cards you used.

was doing really well last match and the game crashed during the end sequence before the points were awarded.