GO NC STATE WOLFPACK!!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: diamondgoat53
yes, please, now that you lost again, Go Wolfpack! Go away and shut up! you suck now, you sucked all year, just hadn't played anyone worth a squirt of piss to figure it out!! Maryland? still think only one team in the Big 12 is better? you sir are an idiot. and since you use the "we" when talking about people who you have nothing to do with, i guess that means you suck, too. :D

First of all, who the hell are you talking to and who are you calling an idiot?? You better not be talking to me b/c I haven't said one word to you.

Secondly, what school are you from??

Lastly, why are you taking this so personally and making personal attacks on people?? Are you that starved for attention?

Yes, but NC State WAS way overrated.

Edited because I have no clue what I am talking about.

diamondgoat53

Sep 23, 2001
Originally posted by: bGIveNs33
yes, please, now that you lost again, Go Wolfpack! Go away and shut up! you suck now, you sucked all year, just hadn't played anyone worth a squirt of piss to figure it out!! Maryland? still think only one team in the Big 12 is better? you sir are an idiot. and since you use the "we" when talking about people who you have nothing to do with, i guess that means you suck, too. :D

Actually....(as an ACC fan) I would have to agree the Big 12 is the best conference in college football this year. The only question is... can either team(Texas or OU) beat Miami?? I think OU has a chance, well, a small chance. But, give some props to maryland, they are a pretty good team and are one FSU loss away from going to the BCS again this year.

yeah, Maryland really acquitted themselves well last year in the BCS, didn't they? woo-hoo! too bad we don't get to see that again! unless FSU wins the ACC, they shouldn't get a team in the BCS. what a crying damn shame when a team like last year's Maryland team, who played NO ONE except an FSU team having it's worst year in 15, gets to go on national TV and get destroyed. did you know that there was more betting action on that game than any other, and that no matter how high the spread went, 82% of the money was going on Florida? that tells you something. 18% of the people betting root for the ACC, no matter what, the rest actually watch football.

diamondgoat53

Sep 23, 2001

First of all, who the hell are you talking to and who are you calling an idiot?? You better not be talking to me b/c I haven't said one word to you.

Lastly, why are you taking this so personally and making personal attacks on people?? Are you that starved for attention?

i apologize if you thought i was calling you an idiot NFS4, it is actually pacfanweb who is the idiot. he's the one using "we." also the one starting the personal attacks. i just thought i'd wait until the 'Pack lost again (it was inevitable) before i hit him back. and no, i'm not starved for attention.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Millennium

Maybe so, but it's all about fun to me. I've loved going to all the games and cheering on the team (including our game at Carolina where we were harrassed and cussed at by Carolina fans). But it's all good.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

i apologize if you thought i was calling you an idiot NFS4, it is actually pacfanweb who is the idiot. he's the one using "we." also the one starting the personal attacks. i just thought i'd wait until the 'Pack lost again (it was inevitable) before i hit him back. and no, i'm not starved for attention.

Well, I understand that now...but I still don't think he's an idiot. Maybe just a bit misguided;)

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

Maybe so, but it's all about fun to me. I've loved going to all the games and cheering on the team (including our game at Carolina where we were harrassed and cussed at by Carolina fans). But it's all good.

That's okay. UNC got theirs from everyone else (except maybe Syracuse). :)

I thought you were a Carolina fan anyway? ;)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BDawg

That's okay. UNC got theirs from everyone else (except maybe Syracuse). :)

I thought you were a Carolina fan anyway? ;)

I've always liked UNC basketball...ever since I was a kid in middle school. But since I go to NC State, I'm also hip to my own university as well.

I've never kept up with UNC Football

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
If I was Amato, I would bench Philip Rivers. He has played like crap recently, his 4th quarter performances have been abysmal and he has ended both of their losses by throwing interceptions. The hailmary against Maryland was all receiver.

I'm an NC State fan, but tired of them choking in the 4th quarter.

Look at what happened since Florida State benched their overrated heisman hype? Adrian McPherson is leading the team and they are dominating once again. If he had started against Miami, him and Jones would have made sure that Ohio State was the only undefeated team.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Nitemare
If I was Amato, I would bench Philip Rivers. He has played like crap recently, his 4th quarter performances have been abysmal and he has ended both of their losses by throwing interceptions. The hailmary against Maryland was all receiver.

Look at what happened since Florida State benched their overrated heisman hype? Adrian McPherson is leading the team and they are dominating once again. If he had started against Miami, him and Jones would have made sure that Ohio State was the only undefeated team.

Choking in the 4th quarter? If you were a Wake Forest fan, you'd never survive!

I've told my wife that I will likely die of a heart attack, at a Wake bball or football game, right when they're trying to give the game away at the end.

Speaking of Amato, the local radio station calls him mickey mouse because of his voice and laugh. :D

bGIveNs33

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: bGIveNs33

Actually....(as an ACC fan) I would have to agree the Big 12 is the best conference in college football this year. The only question is... can either team(Texas or OU) beat Miami?? I think OU has a chance, well, a small chance. But, give some props to maryland, they are a pretty good team and are one FSU loss away from going to the BCS again this year.

yeah, Maryland really acquitted themselves well last year in the BCS, didn't they? woo-hoo! too bad we don't get to see that again! unless FSU wins the ACC, they shouldn't get a team in the BCS. what a crying damn shame when a team like last year's Maryland team, who played NO ONE except an FSU team having it's worst year in 15, gets to go on national TV and get destroyed. did you know that there was more betting action on that game than any other, and that no matter how high the spread went, 82% of the money was going on Florida? that tells you something. 18% of the people betting root for the ACC, no matter what, the rest actually watch football.

Kind of reminds me of a certain National Championship game with an undeserving Big 12 Team. 34-0 after the first half. Florida should have been playing against Miami... Nebraska couldn't even win their conference. The ACC is the ONLY conference to send every team to a Bowl game in the 90's. The Big 12 IS the best conference this year, but don't get to cocky, they certainly don't have the best team.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
the rabidness and anger shown here proves why americans should stop making football the number one thing on sun/mon's and instead do something productive.

bGIveNs33

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Nitemare

Ok... I agree with you about NC State. They do have a bad habit of choking. But you REALLY don't know what you are talking about in regards to FSU. FSU has NOT been dominating in the two games that McPherson started. 34-21 over WF and 21-13 over GT is not dominating. In GT McPherson was 8-24 with ~140 yards passing and NO touchdowns. In the Miami game Rix was 8-19 with no TD's or INT's. He wasn't really a factor. In the Miami game, FSU played the best game I've seen them play in 2 years and just came up short. But if you think Rix was FSU's problem, you are completely wrong. It is the coaching. FSU lost Amato(which hurt) and Richt(which killed us). Bowden replacing the OC with his Son hurt even more. NC State will be back. I think Rivers is the right guy for the job. But, the Peach bowl is a bit below a good standard to set.