Giant 'Trump Baby' could fly over London for president's visit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Too bad Trump's not gonna spend a minute in London. His schedule has him no closer than 40 miles from London, iirc.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The Queen does not come to you. You come to the Queen, even if you are Donald Trump. His itinerary is set by the UK govt & I doubt they want the security headache of him being in central London. That could be a disaster.

SOFTengCOMPelec

Platinum Member
May 9, 2013
The Queen also says that Nigel Farage is banned from meeting with Trump. Only in the UK.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...-meet-nigel-farage-downing-st-accused-laying/

When the article says "Theresa May has been accused of trying to stop Donald Trump from meeting Nigel Farage, on his visit to the UK"

It seems to mean "Theresa May", as in the current UK, Prime Minister.
But, the Queen may not want them to meet, either.

EDIT:
This article, seems to give a clearer, explanation:
https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...m-meeting-farage-on-visit-to-uk-37078372.html
British Prime Minister Theresa May has been accused of trying to stop Donald Trump from meeting Nigel Farage on his upcoming visit to Britain.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
When the article says "Theresa May has been accused of trying to stop Donald Trump from meeting Nigel Farage, on his visit to the UK"

It seems to mean "Theresa May", as in the current UK, Prime Minister.
But, the Queen may not want them to meet, either.

EDIT:
This article, seems to give a clearer, explanation:
https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...m-meeting-farage-on-visit-to-uk-37078372.html
Fair enough, I meant Theresa May. She is probably in cahoots with the Queen so it's all good. Either way, you don't find it odd that the UK is banning Nigel Farage to meet with Trump? What kind of BS is this where someone not in prison is banned from meeting somebody?

Reactions: SOFTengCOMPelec

SOFTengCOMPelec

Platinum Member
May 9, 2013
Fair enough, I meant Theresa May. She is probably in cahoots with the Queen so it's all good.

She (The Queen) could be. If the Queen was asked and/or gave her opinion, on who and any pre-conditions (such as who Trump should NOT be meeting), otherwise she may not want to meet Trump etc.
But there are also rules (laws) and/or customs of the Royal family, to NOT interfere, politically, under many circumstances. So it gets complicated.

I bet Trump and the people coming over with him, have had a huge number of do's and don't, before coming to the UK. Presumably such lists have been kept private for the sake of security and to keep everyone happy.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
No, it says that Trump is banned from meeting with Farage while on an official visit to the UK. The UK sets the itinerary. He's free to invite Farage to the US any time he wants.
Oh noes, can't have a photo op with 2 revolutionaries in the UK. That might up our men's Test by 100 ng/dl and they might get some radical ideas like the media is censoring us and the police have implemented nazi-like policies on us by taking our scissors and screwdrivers.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
She (The Queen) could be. If the Queen was asked and/or gave her opinion, on who and any pre-conditions (such as who Trump should NOT be meeting), otherwise she may not want to meet Trump etc.
But there are also rules (laws) and/or customs of the Royal family, to NOT interfere, politically, under many circumstances. So it gets complicated.

I bet Trump and the people coming over with him, have had a huge number of do's and don't, before coming to the UK. Presumably such lists have been kept private for the sake of security and to keep everyone happy.
Yeah I understand his time is limited and like Jhhnn said, he can always invite Nigel over to the WH again. Just weird to me that meeting someone would be on that ban list but of course not surprising.

SOFTengCOMPelec

Platinum Member
May 9, 2013
Yeah I understand his time is limited and like Jhhnn said, he can always invite Nigel over to the WH again. Just weird to me that meeting someone would be on that ban list but of course not surprising.

I would imagine, Nigel Farage, is deeply unpopular, with the current Theresa May (Prime Minister) and the (currently in power in the UK) Conservative party.
Mainly, because he was a big supporter of the UK leaving the European Union (Brexit, which seems to be causing big difficulties, especially in getting everyone to agree to, how to move forward, to the government and leaders of the European Union), and Nigel Farage, was the (former) leader of a competing UK political party, called UKip.
Nigel Farage, also seems to be the kind of person, who will annoy lots of other people. Even the fact that he has been overly friendly, with the Trump administration, probably makes him political enemies as well.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

And now... a ban list! like such a thing actually exists outside the Trumpian bubble. We don't even know if the Trump team expressed interest in such a meeting.

Shee-it. Ignorant as he is, the name Nigel Farage may not even register for Trump.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The Queen does not come to you. You come to the Queen, even if you are Donald Trump. His itinerary is set by the UK govt & I doubt they want the security headache of him being in central London. That could be a disaster.
Fuck the queen. As bad as Trump is, at least he was elected.

SOFTengCOMPelec

Platinum Member
May 9, 2013
**The amazingly, lovely, wonderful and nice** the queen. As bad as Trump is, at least he was elected.
**** = Sorry, FIXED THAT FOR YOU!

Having the Queen (who is really, really nice, as a person and to have, from what I have been led to understand), as head of state (or whatever the official title(s) are), means that if, because of a tricky/bad election. We ended up with a Prime Minister, who was turning out to be terrible.
It won't necessarily be that disastrous for the UK. Because the numerous, unelected, powers that be in the UK (e.g. The house of Lords, has a large number of "leaders or people in power", who are unelected).

I.e. The unelected leaders, can act as a filter/buffer, smoothing/soothing effect. To minimise the effects, of what may end up being a poor choice in leaders of the UK (Prime Minister).

Of course, the US's system, of elected people, especially the president. Has so far been 100% infallible, as of yet, every single President, has been almost 100% perfect, in almost every respect. (End of sarcasm).

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Does anyone find it rather weird that Trump is so welcome in Russia yet despised by our closest allies?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
They can fly the balloon, but only if they can convince Roger Waters to simultaneously perform “Pigs” and then ramble incoherently for an hour or so.