GF8800 Watercooling

Sable

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35613

External View

Underside View

The prototype comes from the company named SilenX, and it looks menacing.
Preliminary testing has relealed that the temperature of the GPU drops sharply by 30 degrees Celsius, from 81-85C down to a 50C range. Overclocking scores also show significant improvement.
Before the waterblock was installed, the GPU was running in high 90s at a 625MHz clock. With the watercooler you can enjoy a 25degC lower temperature and a stable clock of 660MHz for the GPU, which is almost 100 MHz faster than a default clock.

The internal pic is stunning. That looks very well made but it's gonna have a price to match I'll bet.

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004
I don't think that's an "internal" picture of the waterblock, but merely the underside of it.

Nonetheless, that looks like a monster block.

Sable

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Originally posted by: sisq0kidd
I don't think that's an "internal" picture of the waterblock, but merely the underside of it.

Nonetheless, that looks like a monster block.
That's what I meant. Editted for clarity.

George Powell

Golden Member
Dec 3, 1999
BFG are doing an 8800gtx with a custom dangerden waterblock on it. However it is mighty expensive.

Muhadib

Jan 11, 2005
Originally posted by: XJustMeX21
Looks really heavy...

If it were copper I bet it would be very heavy but this looks like aluminum. So I'm guessing not so much.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Meh. Aluminum will cause corrosion issues if you have other metals in the loop and the intricate turns will make this block very restrictive. I'll wait for a DD Maze4 with some copper heatsinks as it should perform better and not kill flow.

More pics can be seen here.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's still a LARGE hunk of aluminum, it's not gonna be light. And yes, the Inq is wrong about it being the first. BFG already has their DD waterblock cooled card.

Whatever happened to that hybrid water/air HSF on the pics that surfaced prior to the G80 launch? I assume that was some sort of experimental Nvidia engineering sample prototype that never made it into production?

Sentry2

Mar 21, 2005
I'm waiting for DD to make a 8800 series mounting kit for their new Maze5 block. The Maze4 is awesome so I'm sure the Maze5 will rock. Can't wait. :)

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
no no no. that thing is way too complicated. how many CM of perfect seal does there have to be around the edge? that is just screaming for a leak. and pressure will have to be perfect or it will leak through the seal and god knows what else.