GF moved her stuff in, we r over

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
If you want the whole story.... She has a big house she got divorced couldn't pay mortgage she rented it moved in , 1 week here renters backed out so she has nobody to pay her mortgage. Bad credit can't get a car wants me to get one under my name and shell make payments. I didn't want to pay so she pissed but that's not why she left.

Anyways I paid for her to move her stuff here. The entire townhouse is full.

We didn't even unpack her stuff and she beat me up gave me a blackeye because I talked to an ex gf of mine on gmail. She left and threatened me to give her back her stuff. That's fine hire insured movers.
I'm not paying 1500 for them to move it back. She wants it she can hire them. Not people standing next to home depot.

There's just so much fail in this post. An ex of yours got divorced, and was mad at you because you wouldn't buy her a car. You paid to move her stuff to your place. She beat you up because you talked to a different ex on gmail? Now she's threatening you again?

Have your balls shriveled up or something?

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
She left and threatened me to give her back her stuff. That's fine hire insured movers.
I'm not paying 1500 for them to move it back. She wants it she can hire them. Not people standing next to home depot.

Would you require her to have insurance to move her stuff out on her own? What if she showed up with a friend?

You're getting yourself into a lot of trouble here over nothing. Sounds like you (literally) can't let go.

CrazyAznDriver

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2010
Illegals from home depot should be fine, just threaten them with deportation if they break anything of yours. And if they get hurt? They wont sue.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
She just left the house but the girl is not right in the head. I don't think she has money to move the stuff out. Everything is in the garage all her boxes. The furniture I don't think she cares since she has no house soon.

What if she calls the cops? What will they do? She didn't even try to get them out I just said no people off craigslist.

I'm not trying to keep her stuff ...I just want to know what my options are to protect myself.
She left the house an hour ago so I'm a douche I guess for keeping her stuff for an hour

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
If you want the whole story.... She has a big house she got divorced couldn't pay mortgage she rented it moved in , 1 week here renters backed out so she has nobody to pay her mortgage. Bad credit can't get a car wants me to get one under my name and shell make payments. I didn't want to pay so she pissed but that's not why she left.

Anyways I paid for her to move her stuff here. The entire townhouse is full.

We didn't even unpack her stuff and she beat me up gave me a blackeye because I talked to an ex gf of mine on gmail. She left and threatened me to give her back her stuff. That's fine hire insured movers.

Wait, she hit you?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I need help I just want her gone and I don't want trouble, so what's the best thing to do?

Move everything to garage and if cops show up say it's all in garage?

The furniture if she really wants it I guess I have to hire movers myself so I don't let uninsured people into my house?

Just so confused never had someone move stuff to my house before

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
She just left the house but the girl is not right in the head. I don't think she has money to move the stuff out. Everything is in the garage all her boxes. The furniture I don't think she cares since she has no house soon.

What if she calls the cops? What will they do? She didn't even try to get them out I just said no people off craigslist.

I'm not trying to keep her stuff ...I just want to know what my options are to protect myself.
She left the house an hour ago so I'm a douche I guess for keeping her stuff for an hour

So, the first thing you do is post on ATOT? I need a beer.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

you aren't getting it. She can hire people from criegslist, walmart, or ask teh lock druggies down the street and you don't have a fucking say in it.

IF she calls the cops you can be arrested. At the least they will let her get her stuff out (with said druggies). so in the end its going to be anyone she wants and you won't have a say.

worst case? you end up in jail and she takes whatever the hell she wants.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I'm sorry I'm not going to have people from home depot move stuff down 16 stairs. I'm not a douche I'm smart. You don't get people to do work in your house without insurance.

Keep telling yourself that you're smart when the police show up.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Ok police show up then what? They say let her move her stuff and I say ok or they arrest me without letting her move stuff? Like I said she just left but knowing her shell prob call them tomorrow

She's crazy shell call police without even bringing anyone over. All her boxes r in the garage. 2 car garage is full.

I have no problem With her moving her boxes I think thats all she wants for now.
Furniture I'll deal with later

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
So what I get from this thread is you're an asshole, have trouble following the law, and got beaten up by a girl?

New front runner of biggest loser on AT right here people

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006

DON'T KEEP HER STUFF! It is really that simple.

Just FYI, this is Illinois Law, but I am sure it is the same in most states:

(a) A person commits theft when he or she knowingly:
(1) Obtains or exerts unauthorized control over property of the owner

Anything over 500 dollars in total value is considered a felony. Unless you REALLY like to push limits and see how the legal system works against you, I highly suggest you stop being a god damn douchebag and allow her to move her stuff out however she likes. You have ZERO right to withhold her property. ZERO.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Aimster, one of the original ATOT trolls. You could show these young bucks a thing or two.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
I don't want to keep her stuff? Wtf do I want with woman's stuff. I want it gone. Just want to know the best way

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I don't want to keep her stuff? Wtf do I want with woman's stuff. I want it gone. Just want to know the best way

best way for you or us? best way for you is to let her move her shit out and not tell her who she has to hire. the best way for us is continue what you are doing so you get arrested.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006

The best way is to allow her to move her stuff out with whomever or however she pleases. Stopping her from moving shit out because you don't like who is doing it IS exerting unauthorized control over her property. You have no right stopping her from getting anything that is hers, including her furniture. None.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010

Have you considered offering to help her move the stuff out? I know it sounds crazy to be the bigger person and all, but maybe try it this time? If she has a place to put the stuff, this would be the quickest way to be done with it.

Just to be clear, she wanted/tried to move the stuff out already but you said no since the movers were uninsured?