Getty Road's Megathread

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yup, Alf could run his campaign on cleaning up the stray cat problem.
As a fun fact the ending of Alf is actually super dark.

In the first episode the family takes him in because the guy from the government says they want to find him and dissect him. In the last episode he is caught by the government.

The logical conclusion is at the end of the show Alf is dissected.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
As a fun fact the ending of Alf is actually super dark.

In the first episode the family takes him in because the guy from the government says they want to find him and dissect him. In the last episode he is caught by the government.

The logical conclusion is at the end of the show Alf is dissected.

Yikes, I never made it that far 🙃

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
You can’t mention Gretzky without mentioning Bo Jackson and Daryl strawberry
Bo Jackson and Darryl Strawberry are great athletes, they don't come close to Gretzky's power and his accomplishments...

Gretzky made the Los Angeles Kings a powerhouse when he got traded. It's a shame Schwarzenegger was the celebrity GOPer that ran for governor, and not Wayne. Wayne would have won those elections with ease......

Gretzky is popular with suburban voters----the type of voter that Trump is struggling to appeal to.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Bo Jackson and Darryl Strawberry are great athletes, they don't come close to Gretzky's power and his accomplishments...

Gretzky made the Los Angeles Kings a powerhouse when he got traded. It's a shame Schwarzenegger was the celebrity GOPer that ran for governor, and not Wayne. Wayne would have won those elections with ease......

Gretzky is popular with suburban voters----the type of voter that Trump is struggling to appeal to.

lol nobody under 40 remembers Gretzky, and those over 40 dgaf. This isn’t Canada, u know he’s Canadian.

• Love
Reactions: Thump553

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
lol nobody under 40 remembers Gretzky, and those over 40 dgaf. This isn’t Canada, u know he’s Canadian.
Gretzky's presence is all over NHL. When I think of hockey, first name that pops up is Gretzky, then Messier, or Jagr, or Fuhr and Subban. He's Canadian-American.

He lives in California, he pays CA taxes and he is a conservative....he supported Brian Mulroney in Canada, etc. He's a conservative who believes in "Western Civilization".....

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Gretzky's presence is all over NHL. When I think of hockey, first name that pops up is Gretzky, then Messier, or Jagr, or Fuhr and Subban. He's Canadian-American.

He lives in California, he pays CA taxes and he is a conservative....he supported Brian Mulroney in Canada, etc. He's a conservative who believes in "Western Civilization".....
Ah, I didn't know he was a white supremacist. Yeah, I can see how that would play well with the conservatives in 2024.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

First he isn’t all over the NHL if you watch it. He’s hardly ever mentioned.

Even if he were the NHL is a very distant last place among American sports, and I say this as a hockey fan.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ah, I didn't know he was a white supremacist. Yeah, I can see how that would play well with the conservatives in 2024.
Liking Western Civilization does not make you a white supremacist, Western Civilization is why Western countries are so powerful.....

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Biden should attend games like how Trump attends UFC games, it would make him more popular with younger voters...

No, restructure student loans, tax payer funded continuing education, tax funded medical care, tackle housing shortage, 4 day work weeks, these are things young people care about.

Hell man, get MJ off the CSA list, huge win with the younger crowd right there.

Last edited:

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
No, restructure student loans, tax payer funded continuing education, tax funded medical care, tackle housing shortage, 4 day work weeks, these are things young people care about.
But you also need to go to where they are located.....Biden should have gone to UFC, NBA games, spring break

1710263182545.png

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
But you also need to go to where they are located.....Biden should have gone to UFC, NBA games, spring break

View attachment 95239

That’s your opinion. My opinion is I didn’t vote for him so he could go to entertainment events, as his position is leader of the free world. If I wanted to elect a jersey wearing bud light drinker, then I would say lower the age to 21. Otherwise, let the adults do the adult stuff

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
That’s your opinion. My opinion is I didn’t vote for him so he could go to entertainment events, as his position is leader of the free world. If I wanted to elect a jersey wearing bud light drinker, then I would say lower the age to 21. Otherwise, let the adults do the adult stuff
But you need to attract young people----who don't like him----they're gravitating to Trump-----you need to attract the young

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
But you need to attract young people----who don't like him----they're gravitating to Trump-----you need to attract the young
Yeah every time I talk to young people they clamor for Cal Ripken Jr. to lead the party despite many of them having no idea who he is because he retired before they were born.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah every time I talk to young people they clamor for Cal Ripken Jr. to lead the party despite many of them having no idea who he is because he retired before they were born.
He's as big as A-Rod and Jeter. Ripken is in the Elite MLB territory, he's royalty.
Everyone knows Cal. Even Blacks in Baltimore know him despite the fact they don't go to Oriole games.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Maybe a good ole fashion home run derby as a way to determine POTUS? Sosa and McGuire really own the MLB, names are all over the place, they can ref! Young people love these guys!