Getting wasted by yourself good idea?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
So now that most of the people think its doable....any suggestions except beer?

Vodka, Captain Morgan... ?

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
Again, the only advice I can give you is not to do it. If you are going to do it anyway, then why ask? As said, a few beers are ok, but getting wasted by yourself? why? it serves no point other then to make you depressed, since that is what alcohol is, a depressant.

But it's your life. No human is worth bothering you so much you should resort to this. The best cure to get over a person is to go out and have a good time, and prove to yourself you are worht more then them. And that there is more to you then them. Dwelling on it won't help. FInd another girl, even if just a friend, and feel better about yourself. Drinking does not do that.

Sure, why not. Just don't do it everyday.

If you want to get wasted everyday, you gotta have friends around, so you're not the only drunk.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
I understand what you are saying but going out is hard when you are working and live in cr@ptown USA. There are two phases of getting over somebody(as I understand) 1st get wasted and second find a temp replacement. I already started on 2nd one falling behind on 1st. I will try to have couple friends over but I would rather do it on my own.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Jzero
Originally posted by: Zombie
I have to do that maybe tomorrow or wednesday night. I rather not have any friends around for this one, so good idea or bad ? I have never got drunk on my own before this will my first time alone.

You have to? Peer pressure too much for you? :) Bad idea. Don't do it.

If he is alone then how is there any peer pressure?
rolleye.gif

giguana

Apr 3, 2002
drinking won't wash your problems away, or drown your sorrows. drink to remember, not forget.

i used to have a buddy that drank a couple times a week, and he would get trashed. he always ended up thinking about his x-gf, and would be a total wreck. he's lucky he had friends around him all the time to keep him from doing something stupid. he drank by himself once, and decided to go for a drive in the mountains. luckily he got back safely. but he still did something stupid.

if you're going to do it, at least have one of your closest friends around that knows the situation. they will be able to monitor your drinking so you don't end up getting alcohol poisening, or deciding to go for a drive.

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
I understand what you are saying but going out is hard when you are working and live in cr@ptown USA. There are two phases of getting over somebody(as I understand) 1st get wasted and second find a temp replacement. I already started on 2nd one falling behind on 1st. I will try to have couple friends over but I would rather do it on my own.

Where the heck do you come from? I have never heard of either of those ways being the way to get over someone. The way to get over someone is to go on and concentrate on yourself and not dwell on the other person. Live your own life, if you drink by yourself, all you are going to do is bring up old memeories, that's nto going to help, it's going to make it worse! Especially by yourself, since there is nothing else to occupy your thoughts such as s firend being an idoit. Go to the gym and hut a punching bag a few times if you need to get somehting out of your system. Drinking is not an answer to anything. It just delays the healing process. If you want to drink for fun that's one thing, drinking by yourself, to get drunk, and just forget is stupid. Trust me, you'll wake up in the mroning and remember everything you did before you started drinking.

skateallday

Apr 1, 2003
heck yeah just dont get to wasted to hurt yourself or do anything stupid
ive done it
its not the best thing but if you like the feeling then whatever just know when to stop

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
hey...anyone who tells you you're an alcoholic, don't believe it! It's perfectly fine to have a drink or twelve by yourself...

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Bad idea.

1) Drinking by yourself = alcoholic
2) Getting drunk by yourself = no one to help you if you're sick, injured, etc

Just go out on the town. :)

- M4H

Yeah, but drinking five or more drinks in a row is considering binge-drinking...which I'm sure most college-age regular drinkers imbibe on a good night at a party or get-together...

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Metalloid15
Originally posted by: Jzero
I have to do that maybe tomorrow or wednesday night. I rather not have any friends around for this one, so good idea or bad ? I have never got drunk on my own before this will my first time alone.

You have to? Peer pressure too much for you? :) Bad idea. Don't do it.

If he is alone then how is there any peer pressure?
rolleye.gif

My haute humor is too much for you :)