Getting wasted by yourself good idea?

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
I have to do that maybe tomorrow or wednesday night. I rather not have any friends around for this one, so good idea or bad ? I have never got drunk on my own before this will my first time alone.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
I don't recommend it. Usually a good idea to have people around who can help you not do anything too stupid.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Why would you do that? No, it's not a good idea. If you drink by yourself just to be drunk, you're headed towards alcoholism. Seriously.

Jan 31, 2002
Bad idea.

1) Drinking by yourself = alcoholic
2) Getting drunk by yourself = no one to help you if you're sick, injured, etc

Just go out on the town. :)

- M4H

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
"I drink alone,
Yeah, yeah, with nobody else.
I drink alone,
Yeah, yeah, with nobody else.
Yeah, you know when I drink alone,
I prefer to be by myself." :D

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003
I had someone ask once if 2 people are talking on IM, and both drinking, is it considered drinking alone? And therefore not an alcoholic. I'm like if youahve to plan that much to not look liek one, then you are one.

On to your question. drinking a little by yourself is one thing, getting drunk is another. Is their a reason you feel you need to do this? Think about what it is, and see if there is a better answer, or someone you can drink with that would understand what you are going through, and that you trust. I have alot of Alcoholics in my family, and it's not a pretty thing. Even if you don't feel that way, drinking to forget is never the answer. It solves no problems, and only starts more.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Zombie
I have to do that maybe tomorrow or wednesday night. I rather not have any friends around for this one, so good idea or bad ? I have never got drunk on my own before this will my first time alone.

You have to? Peer pressure too much for you? :) Bad idea. Don't do it.

psydancerqt

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2003
if you have to ask, it's prolly not a good idea. ;) personally, i dont think it's smart to get drunk alone. as others have said, who's gonna take care of you? what if you do something stupid? and who are you gonna share this memory with? us??

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
I don't think I am an alcoholic for 2 reasons....

1) I haven't had a drink in more than 4 months and even before that I was more of a social drinker than anything else
2) I never buy alcohol and keep it my place just for that reason, I don't wanna drink at home.

Now why would I wanna get wasted(not drunk) isn't it obvious? Girl issues....

Jan 31, 2002

1) I haven't had a drink in more than 4 months and even before that I was more of a social drinker than anything else
2) I never buy alcohol and keep it my place just for that reason, I don't wanna drink at home.

So go out to a bar, drink there, and don't go home alone.

Solves both the drinking alone and the girl issues in one fell swoop. :D

- M4H

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
its ok to have a few beers on your own

but if you are making margaritas (sp?) or taking shots you have problems

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Quitting just to prove to yourself that you can when you want to can also be a sign of alcoholism.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: mchammer187
its ok to have a few beers on your own

but if you are making margaritas (sp?) or taking shots you have problems

LOL what does margaritas have to do with anything?

4Lclovergirl

Mar 25, 2003

No girl or guy is worht the time. It's too dangerous. I have seen too many bad things happen to people who drank by tmeselves. Even if it's a one time thing, it only takes one time to do somehting you'll regret. You really should have a good friend around with you. And if that good friend is a girl, maybe she'll relaly help you forget! Drinking hsould be about being social and having a good time, not to help you continue your depression, cause that's what it'll do. It won't fix your problems, unless you call her totally drunk, then you could mess htings up even more!

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
you only quit if you have a problem, I quit for other unrelated reasons.

Beer will seriously mess up my diet.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
On a serious note, while I don't like the idea of drinking alone, I would like to point out that drinking alone in and of itself does not make one an alcoholic. Nor is it considered an actual symptom of alcoholism. Just FYI.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
Originally posted by: 4Lclovergirl

No girl or guy is worht the time. It's too dangerous. I have seen too many bad things happen to people who drank by tmeselves. Even if it's a one time thing, it only takes one time to do somehting you'll regret. You really should have a good friend around with you. And if that good friend is a girl, maybe she'll relaly help you forget! Drinking hsould be about being social and having a good time, not to help you continue your depression, cause that's what it'll do. It won't fix your problems, unless you call her totally drunk, then you could mess htings up even more!

Point taken, Its just something I need to get out of my system. As far as calling her goes well my cell-phone list was cleared just last night. Besides I would have done it this past weekends or today but have couple meetings at work so have to postpone it till tomorrow eve or day after. Oh and I haven't been drunk or had more than 2 drinks in a week for last 3 years...before that I was in college :).