Get Ready For Trump Presidency in November (I show you why)

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I like Sanders, BUT...

http://us.cnn.com/2016/02/16/politics/south-carolina-poll-cnn-orc/index.html

Those states which are traditionally voting DEM are DEM *also* and often because of a significant percentage of Blacks and Latinos where we know that most of them are democrats.

HOWEVER, as much as I support Bernie, fact is that it's those important demographics among the dems which are NOT necessarily voting Sanders. Blacks vote Clinton, for instance.

And..let's not forget, Shillary still has this "edge" among the one or the other woman who vote for her just because she is one.

Now, we have seen that even in THOSE states where Sanders wins by a landslide, he actually didn't because..you know, super-delegates.

Rest assured, Bernie will not win in any state by a land-slide, I am not that naive.

Given this, I think Bernie has zero chances, Clinton will be nominated.

And a Clinton nomination is the sure way to boost Trump's chances to be elected.

** Right now, I see a Trump presidency WAY more likely than a Bernie presidency. A Clinton presidency would depend on fortunate circumstances, like many Bernie supporters voting Clinton DESPITE that they don't like her and many Reps actually NOT voting for Trump. And a Bernie presidency is mathematically, statistically, demographically etc. very, very unlikely.

Last edited:

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
1) Super-delegates only come into play in the near-tie situations. And they haven't voted yet, so the super-delegates could theroretically all back Sanders (unlikely, but they could).

2) Clinton is doing pretty well vs. Trump in the polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton

This isn't guaranteed win territory, but it is certainly highly likely to win territory (unless something changes).

3) Can you grow up and use names? Do you honestly think it helps your side or is funny?

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Bernie would have to win by a landslide just to avoid losing.

Just try wraping your mind around that for minute.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I like Sanders, BUT...

Those states which are traditionally voting DEM are DEM *also* and often because of a significant percentage of Blacks and Latinos where we know that most of them are democrats.

HOWEVER, as much as I support Bernie, fact is that it's those important demographics among the dems which are NOT necessarily voting Sanders. Blacks vote Clinton, for instance.

And..let's not forget, Shillary still has this "edge" among the one or the other woman who vote for her just because she is one.

Now, we have seen that even in THOSE states where Sanders wins by a landslide, he actually didn't because..you know, super-delegates.

Rest assured, Bernie will not win in any state by a land-slide, I am not that naive.

And a Clinton nomination is the sure way to boost Trump's chances to be elected.

** Right now, I see a Trump presidency WAY more likely than a Bernie presidency. A Clinton presidency would depend on fortunate circumstances, like many Bernie supporters voting Clinton DESPITE that they don't like her and many Reps actually NOT voting for Trump. And a Bernie presidency is mathematically, statistically, demographically etc. very, very unlikely.

We're all playing a risky game, regardless.

I'll vote for Sanders in the primary, and I've contributed. But I see the hurdles in the general election and a public opinion kneejerk that goes back to a time when everybody believed Oswald was a real communist. To say that means anything assumes a possibility that the shock and horror was paired with the story about it.

What I actually count on may be Clinton's success in the primary. I expect that the Sanders voters will throw in with the general election campaign, and influence policy positions before and after the election. But what if Clinton loses?

I've also been saying for some time that the Rightist propaganda machine has been very effective in spinning Benghazi and e-mail to those who actually want to find something there. I still say this is wishful thinking, but what if some fluke arises?

As for Trump, I'd be scared shitless if either he or Cruz sits in a room with the magic red button. Specifics? I don't know -- can't say. I'd just bet that Trump would be the foreign-policy bull in the china shop.

And I'll be either glad or residually apprehensive after this is all over.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I like Sanders, BUT...

Why do Righties drag forth this superdelegate nonsense time after time? Would their lives be empty w/o some sort of conspiracy theory about the evil Democrats?

The superdelegates have always gone with the candidate who has the most pledged delegates at the convention and the chances of this being any different are nil. Period.

Bernie having the most pledged delegates seems unlikely, but Dems will rally behind him if he does, same for Hillary.

The rest? Wake up. Trump is a joke. A Trump nomination is a ticket to annihilation for Repubs even if some of them don't have the sense to figure that out. Why would they, lacking the sense to see through all the right wing bullshit they've absorbed for decades?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We're all playing a risky game, regardless.

I'll vote for Sanders in the primary, and I've contributed. But I see the hurdles in the general election and a public opinion kneejerk that goes back to a time when everybody believed Oswald was a real communist. To say that means anything assumes a possibility that the shock and horror was paired with the story about it.

What I actually count on may be Clinton's success in the primary. I expect that the Sanders voters will throw in with the general election campaign, and influence policy positions before and after the election. But what if Clinton loses?

I've also been saying for some time that the Rightist propaganda machine has been very effective in spinning Benghazi and e-mail to those who actually want to find something there. I still say this is wishful thinking, but what if some fluke arises?

As for Trump, I'd be scared shitless if either he or Cruz sits in a room with the magic red button. Specifics? I don't know -- can't say. I'd just bet that Trump would be the foreign-policy bull in the china shop.

And I'll be either glad or residually apprehensive after this is all over.

Please. The only thing at the bottom of every Repub conspiracy theory bullshit propaganda campaign is... the bottom of the pile of bullshit. They know it when they start slinging the stuff. It's done to spread the FUD about the opposition rather than to actually solve anything at all. It keeps the base nicely frothed up & irrational. They'll compartmentalize & deny the fact that they've been snookered over & over again, being instantly drawn to smell of... Fresh Bullshit!

Up next, Conspiracy about Scalia's death, naturally. I strongly encourage the family to have a private autopsy & release the results or we'll never hear the end of it.

All this fawning over Trump shows just how much they love bullshit. Right now, he's probably the world's greatest bullshit artiste & loving every minute of playing more rubes than ever before. Fortunately there aren't enough rubes in this country to make the birther in chief president.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
If America elects Trump, or any other Republican, it deserves everything that it will get.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
if you guys elect trump, it will be the end of you; right now if there's any KGB agents left in the states, they are all throwing their budget at trump electoral campaigns. you'll be ridiculed and will lose what little clout you have left overseas.

but that's none of my business/

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Trump would do something about labor moving to Mexico. :colbert:

I mean, he's going to stop getting his signature line made there any day now...

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What the fuck is a sitting president doing getting on TV and telling the public who he thinks will not be the next president? (Trump) I don't think I've ever seen that before. That's going to make people set out to prove him wrong. He's not going to change anyone's minds, in fact, he may just embolden them. That was pretty damn stupid.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What the fuck is a sitting president doing getting on TV and telling the public who he thinks will not be the next president? (Trump) I don't think I've ever seen that before. That's going to make people set out to prove him wrong. He's not going to change anyone's minds, in fact, he may just embolden them. That was pretty damn stupid.

You think anything Obama does is stupid because he's doing it.

What he said is what I said, that America is too smart to elect Trump-

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-hits-trump-reality-show-past-win-presidency/story?id=36986828

Shee-it, Sherlock. A Trump nomination will likely bring down the Repub majority in the Senate & make a dent in their HOR majority.

Bring it, fools.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I don't think it's going to happen, not in this year.

The problem is the electoral college is the exact same as 2012 and whenever the electoral college has been tested in years of 12 - 16, 32 - 36, 52 - 56, 72 - 76, 92 - 96 the same party won as before except when Nixon disgraced himself and had to resign.

If anything the Republicans are disgracing themselves by not doing their jobs.. so no matter what any Republican says.. the electoral map doesn't suit them this cycle.

When it comes to 2020, then yes I'll be a bit anxious about what the new map means but not now.

That and the country is polarized enough and Republicans are dumb fucks enough to put even the most conservative independent into the other camp not to mention Mexicans are rapists and Asians are making anchor babies and Muslims are Muslims and Women are murderers and make America white again.

I'm not even close to worried.. I'm in fact laughing at the OP's idea this might be feasible.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
^ I have to disagree. Both candidates will start from 45% floor, respectively. That is a sad but reliable truth.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump is -76% with Latinos and almost as bad in his own party + 35-40%. The only way he can win the R nomination is if he can keep it to a three or better yet a four way race. And forget about the general, virtually no Latino or Black votes will go to Trump.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
You think anything Obama does is stupid because he's doing it.

What he said is what I said, that America is too smart to elect Trump-

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-hits-trump-reality-show-past-win-presidency/story?id=36986828

Shee-it, Sherlock. A Trump nomination will likely bring down the Repub majority in the Senate & make a dent in their HOR majority.

Bring it, fools.

Sometimes the inane and obvious is sublime.

The campaign organizations have good statistical staff if they want to improve their chances. Either of the two national committees is spending money based on the numbers. So the White House may have decided on that communication based on what they know so far.

Whether it was a good idea, I can't say. Who knows?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
^ I have to disagree. Both candidates will start from 45% floor, respectively. That is a sad but reliable truth.

Please. Trump is great at publicizing himself, no doubt, but it's the celebrity's headset that all press is good press. That's great on the Fox News talk circuit where your own bullshit gets left behind but not in presidential politics. He's also lived recklessly. He needs a warehouse instead of a closet for his skeletons. His negatives among Repubs are huge other than among the raving minority. They may not vote for a Dem but they may be so disgusted that they won't vote at all.

If the Donald fails to arrived at the convention with an outright winning number of delegates he likely won't be the nominee. He may split the Party but Repubs won't allow him to be the nominee any other way. It's a suicide mission & they know it.

The Republican convention, ladies & gentlemen, is likely to be the most incredible spectacle of a shit fest in recent history. That's part of why they're trolling the Dems process as hard as they are. When you can't rise above you'd better drag the other guy down if you want to win.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Trump is -76% with Latinos and almost as bad in his own party + 35-40%. The only way he can win the R nomination is if he can keep it to a three or better yet a four way race. And forget about the general, virtually no Latino or Black votes will go to Trump.

I've got friends who are Mexicans, who are voting for Trump. You are assuming what the democrats want you to assume, which is not true. Trump's supporters are actually some of the most diverse of all the candidates. I think a lot of you guys are gonna be wrong this time around, just like many of you were shocked when the republicans won the mid terms.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
I've got friends who are Mexicans, who are voting for Trump. You are assuming what the democrats want you to assume, which is not true. Trump's supporters are actually some of the most diverse of all the candidates. I think a lot of you guys are gonna be wrong this time around, just like many of you were shocked when the republicans won the mid terms.

Funny for someone who supposedly has diverse supporters, his rallies sure look awfully white.