Get in on the Card for Roger!! Details inside.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Way to go guys. I would help, but I have nothing to give computer wise. But Adul, if you need some help with the postage for shipping it to him, let me know and I will chip in some money. :)

Apr 5, 2000
I've already estimated the shipping costs:

It'll be approx. $14 to send it via USPS, regular shipping + $300 insured + confirmation, $27 to send it out via USPS, priority + $300 insured + confirmation

(I live in TX so I used a zip code in FL to estimate the shipping costs)

Like stated, a better PCI based video card is needed though.

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
I think we should just throw in cash and make him a barebones duron box, and then we can throw in the modems etc to finish the system.

What do you guys think?

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I could help with that too Seph. I dont have a whole lot to give, but I will give as much as I can spare. Roger is a great guy. :)

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
Well, if someone has ram to donate, a Duron box will cost about $175 to complete. If everyone throws in $5-$10 paypal, we can have it before you know it.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Why complicate it Sephiroth_IX?

A free working computer sounds like the best deal. All we have to do is chip in for the postage and Roger will be online next week! We can always help with an upgrade later.

I e-mailed Crysla. We need to see what Roger thinks.

Nessoldaccount

Jun 4, 2000
What don't we just all send Roger our spare parts? He'll get more than enough to complete a system, maybe even 2 systems. That way he can choose what he wants to put in.

Now, I have a USB intellimouse. If that is needed, just email me. kiddykong@aol.com

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
Im just saying that if we donate our spare parts, he is going to get like a pentium 200 or something. If we just kick in for a processor and motherboard, and THEN do spare parts, he will have a Duron 650 that can be overclocked. It's truly the best route for him, imo.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
I hear ya seph, but this aint half bad pc.

look at specs.

- Celeron 366 PPGA, overclockable to 458 @ default voltage (Note: I have NOT
oc-ed it on this particular system, it used to be oc-ed on my main rig, so I
can't say if it'll OC on this board. I oc-ed it using the same RAM in this
computer, so theres a chance it might)
- 64 MB PC100 Siemens, good for at least 112 mhz @ CAS2
- 20.0 GB 5400 RPM ATA66 HD (Made by Maxtor, the non-Diamond+ series)
- Superpower Motherboard, model 7MSM
- Integrated video - Sis620/5595 chipset
- Integrated audio - Creative 1373 audio
- 52x DMA33 CD-ROM drive (somewhat noisy)
- 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy drive
- Acer MicroATX case
- Diamond SupraMAX 56k V.90 modem

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
I will do MDay. Thanks to everyone who has made an offer, we just need a descent PCI video card. I talk to crysla todday before she left for a party. She said she didn't get a hold of Roger yet. he wasn't home at the time. I bet he is having a good time. I hope.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
As someone else stated: I have nothing to give but a bump. :) BTW: I think that you guys all pulling together to help out Roger is very commendable. Let's have a round of applause. *Clapping* Well done everyone. :)

kru

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 1999
i have a 40x acer cdrom and an 8 meg TNT2 vanta card available if either (or both) are needed

cavingjan

Golden Member
Nov 15, 1999
I have a couple of 3com and kingston NICs lying around the house. I think they are only ISA 10BaseT but they'll at least get him up and running. I can't remember if he had a network or not. I even have some AT cases but I think they aren't worth the shipping costs.