Im just saying that if we donate our spare parts, he is going to get like a pentium 200 or something. If we just kick in for a processor and motherboard, and THEN do spare parts, he will have a Duron 650 that can be overclocked. It's truly the best route for him, imo.
- Celeron 366 PPGA, overclockable to 458 @ default voltage (Note: I have NOT
oc-ed it on this particular system, it used to be oc-ed on my main rig, so I
can't say if it'll OC on this board. I oc-ed it using the same RAM in this
computer, so theres a chance it might)
- 64 MB PC100 Siemens, good for at least 112 mhz @ CAS2
- 20.0 GB 5400 RPM ATA66 HD (Made by Maxtor, the non-Diamond+ series)
- Superpower Motherboard, model 7MSM
- Integrated video - Sis620/5595 chipset
- Integrated audio - Creative 1373 audio
- 52x DMA33 CD-ROM drive (somewhat noisy)
- 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy drive
- Acer MicroATX case
- Diamond SupraMAX 56k V.90 modem
I will do MDay. Thanks to everyone who has made an offer, we just need a descent PCI video card. I talk to crysla todday before she left for a party. She said she didn't get a hold of Roger yet. he wasn't home at the time. I bet he is having a good time. I hope.
As someone else stated: I have nothing to give but a bump. BTW: I think that you guys all pulling together to help out Roger is very commendable. Let's have a round of applause. *Clapping* Well done everyone.
I have a couple of 3com and kingston NICs lying around the house. I think they are only ISA 10BaseT but they'll at least get him up and running. I can't remember if he had a network or not. I even have some AT cases but I think they aren't worth the shipping costs.