Get a Crysis 3 Alpha key from Nvidia's facebook

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
I haven't signed an NDA for the Crysis 3 Closed Alpha

Crytek staff posted on the mycrysis forums not to share information/media, just letting you know.

Are you serial?

Man, people are uptight in the Gaming forums. Now I remember why I don't post around here too often.

His player ID is in the screenshots, just informing him, sorry that gets your panties in a knot.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Shit I missed it, if anyone got any extras let me know please, thanks.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
games running pretty damn well imho. action so far is good. I love pulling the shields off the pods and using them for cover... and when shit gets real you melee with the shield then power throw it at someone. wrecks shit

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I wish I could break some NDA and talk about it, unfortunately it force closes so much I can't play

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
Can anyone say if there is any real improvement in the graphics? I seem to remember Crytek talking about crippling computers all over again this time around.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Crossfire isn't working but I'm not too surprised since it's an alpha. Might try one 7970@1325 to see if I can get it a bit smoother.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I played all last night and again this morning. All good. Game's running smoothly on medium settings and looks beautiful. I can't imagine it on Ultra with full AA, etc.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Best of luck everyone. I didnt like Crysis, I didnt like Crysis 2, not Warhead, not even Far Cry 2.
I hope you guys have fun with it all.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I don't know fellas, it seems like i will be buying Crysis 3 after all haha. I kinda like the ALPHA gameplay
I got the hook up and I can pre-order for $45, but like I said before, do I want this, Far Cry 3 or Dead Space 3....Or will I have enough money for all 3? I also recorded some gameplay where I got a bunch of Double Kills and stuff but I was afraid to upload it to my channel, and I think I won't. You guys do know that Pressing "X" Allows you to customize your weapons right?:D:D

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Crytek staff posted on the mycrysis forums not to share information/media, just letting you know.

His player ID is in the screenshots, just informing him, sorry that gets your panties in a knot.

This guy is just an arrogant prick.....Pay him no mind, his no different than people in the streets. SMH what a shame. No morals, no respect, no patience.....blahD:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
force closes? I haven't had a single problem yet, imho. probably played 30 good matches so far.

Yup, the first round I played it gave me a "not enough memory" error and has had problems ever since. Not sure if I need to tone down the graphics more or something but when it's actually running it's smooth enough and works well.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
I keep getting out-dueled, recoil and spread are killing me. I'm used to arcade shooters where people die very fast. I do alright with the sniper rifle though.

I got the hook up and I can pre-order for $45,

Is that the Green Man Gaming promotion? I was thinking about doing that.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
I keep getting out-dueled, recoil and spread are killing me. I'm used to arcade shooters where people die very fast. I do alright with the sniper rifle though.

Is that the Green Man Gaming promotion? I was thinking about doing that.

There hasn't been a decent arcade shooter released in years. When you say arcade shooter I don't think of COD or BF3. I think of Quake 3 or Unreal where people didn't die faster, and everything moved ridiculously fast.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I think I found my problem, it seems to be very picky about card clocks. My 570 has a small factory OC and that apparently was enough to cause it fits. Dialed it back to reference clocks and it's fine.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
There hasn't been a decent arcade shooter released in years. When you say arcade shooter I don't think of COD or BF3. I think of Quake 3 or Unreal where people didn't die faster, and everything moved ridiculously fast.

Wrong word, should have said twitch FPS.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
:confused:I tried to play some Crysis 3 Alpha this morning and It won't let me log in, I get error saying that Crysis 3 could not establish connection to server? Something similar, the thing is I can't play. Anyone having this issue? or is the ALPHA over?

Last edited:

0___________0

May 5, 2012
:confused:I tried to play some Crysis 3 Alpha this morning and It won't let me log in, I get error saying that Crysis 3 could not establish connection to server? Something similar, the thing is I can't play. Anyone having this issue? or is the ALPHA over?

Yeah, I think it ended on the 9th. I believe they said it was only going to be open for about one week.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

limited time alpha