Germans haven't changed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
The point is that their governments and media are still spouting Anti-Semetic propaganda in the form of Anti-Israel lies. The funny thing about the Germans is that eventhough Germany is Judenfrei, they still hate the Jews. What a vile people.

elaborate on that please: What antisemitic propaganda and what lies about Israel is our government shouting.

And what do u mean with Germany is judenfrei and we hate them. I dont hate Jews, I dont know anybody that does.

And to your "judenfrei", well it is a fact that Jews were deported and killed in concentration camps. the survivors mostly left Germany ( who wouldnt) und the fortunate ones that already left before it was too late usually didnt return either. So where do u think should the masses of Jews in Germany come from. I am by no means very knowledgeble in religions, but as far as I know it is not easy to become a Jew - i think u have to be the child of at least on jewish family member. So if it is so hard to adopt the jewish belief and ppl nowadays arent a whole lot religious anyway, where do u think should the Jews come from. Heck it is easy to become a Christian yet churches are struggeling to fill their halls...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The majority of Germans **did not** know what was happening to the Jews! Few knew about it outside of those who actually worked in the camps.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
The majority of Germans **did not** know what was happening to the Jews! Few knew about it outside of those who actually worked in the camps.

Actually one of Eisnhowers orders was for the local germans to tour the death camps............ so I think many Germans know of this.

Cheers,
Aquaman

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Aquaman

Actually one of Eisnhowers orders was for the local germans to tour the death camps............ so I think many Germans know of this.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Well, I am pretty sure he meant the Germans at the time. I also dont understand (or believe) how ppl could not know, but apparently ppl didnt really know or didnt want to. Off course nowadays everybody knows - except for some sick ignorant neonazi bastards living in denial...

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

If they did not know they must have been going around with blinders on. While they may not have known the full extent of what was taking place in camps like Auschwitz that were outside German borders they certain knew what was going on in camps like Dachau located inside Germany.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
strange to think that some people still belive that when people are critizising Israel that they hate all Jews
rolleye.gif

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Czar
strange to think that some people still belive that when people are critizising Israel that they hate all Jews
rolleye.gif

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing, critizise the politicians of Israel and you are a Nazi...

I just think it's a bit odd that your people who's predecessors killed millions of Jews think they have a duty in directly criticizing Israel and always supporting it's enemies. Der Shpiegel comparing Hitler, who your people (And perhaps even your direct grandfather) enthusiastically loved until his demise, to Sharon is absurd and I consider that Anti-Semetic.

See what i mean?

The point is that their governments and media are still spouting Anti-Semetic propaganda in the form of Anti-Israel lies. The funny thing about the Germans is that eventhough Germany is Judenfrei, they still hate the Jews. What a vile people.

Yes, all of them, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! And ALL Americans are racists who torture black people, i know, because i once read an article about it and i know about the KKK TOO!

EVERY country (with the exception of Israel) has it's share of neo-nazis, that does NOT mean that all of the world is anti-semitic... And critizising the actions of Israel at times does NOT make you anti-semitic either...

dribgnikcom

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Yes, all of them, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! And ALL Americans are racists who torture black people, i know, because i once read an article about it and i know about the KKK TOO!

America fought FOR black civil rights in a bloody war. Germany fought AGAINST Jews which led to a massacre. It would be delirious to assume that all Americans hate blacks when America as a whole continuously fought for their rights for quite a while.

mk52

Aug 8, 2000
The mainstream German magazine "Der Shpiegel" had the nerve to compare Sharon to Hitler.

... that comparison doesnt seem to far fetched to me ...

dribgnikcom

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Another great article by Victor Davis Hanson:

Exerpt:

The history of the region should bring moral clarity as well. Wars #1-3 were fought not over Palestine ? but for the elimination of the Jewish state itself. For two decades Arab countries hated Israel not because the West Bank peoples suffered under Jordanian control, but only because there were any Jews at all in the new state of Israel. Unilateral withdrawal from Lebanon did not bring praise from Hamas and Hezbollah, but contempt. Offers to turn back up to 97 percent of the West Bank were seen as foolish when an intifada could get 100 percent ? or more. Iraqi guided missiles raining down on Tel Aviv disappointed cheering Palestinians only because they were not laced with germs or nerve gas. All this the world ignores, as it seeks in vain to fabricate a holocaust in Jenin.

For these reasons and more, the current prejudices of the United Nations and the equivocation of the Europeans, who should know better, are nauseating ? and in the end simply shameful. In the latter case, the sanctimonious hedging indeed finally becomes too much and is abjectly reprehensible: Europe, after all, is the great, eternal cemetery of the Jewish people, where six million were incinerated through the evil of the Nazis and the complicity of millions of timid and opportunistic other Europeans. In almost every European city, there are no longer Jews, but the ghosts and shades of the dead who surely still flutter among the simulacra of their former houses, synagogues, and streets ? for the most part now expropriated or obliterated

Europe, then, because of its own culpability in the extermination, will always have a unique moral responsibility to ensure that once more we do not see Jewish women, children, and old men machine-gunned in sealed buses or blown apart on the street because they are Jewish. The very idea that Saddam Hussein once boasted that his Israeli-bound scuds were equipped with gas, that today's Palestinian murderers fortify their bombs with chemical poisons, that Mein Kampf sells well on the West Bank, and that Swastikas now routinely appear at pro-Palestinian rallies should send shivers up the collective spine of all mindful Europeans.

But instead, we get evasion at best from the Dutch and Scandinavians, and defiled Jewish cemeteries, random violence, and warnings for Jews not to be so ubiquitously Jewish in public in Austria, France, Germany, and Italy.

Full column:
http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson080902.aspFlunking with Flying Colors

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: dribgnikcom
Well debate the FACTS of the article.

The German police did warn Jews earlier this year that if they wore their skullcaps in the streets or anything that signifies that they're Jewish, they couldn't protect them.
Then they took that back when they realized how stupid they looked.

The mainstream German magazine "Der Shpiegel" had the nerve to compare Sharon to Hitler. It's like the Germans disassociate themselves from Hitler like he "magically came into power".

Hitler didn't magically come to power. However, his reign ended 57 years ago, and therefore most of Germany's current population had nothing to do with his rise to power. They are justified in disassociating themselves from him.

That said Grim appears to be a hubric ass. Check out his "website." I would say he talks out of said hubric ass approx. 98% of the time.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
The culture as a whole has changed. Don't forget there are still KKK in the US; you'd be offended if I said that the US hasn't changed wouldn't you?

0ops

Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Dhruv
will never understand how Arabs could support Hitler. Arabs are semitic themselves, do they think Hitler would have been buds with them? Arabs and Jews are actually of the same race the problem is religion. To hitler, the problem was race.

They are not the same race. Similar but not the same. Anti-Semitism is a misnomer because when it was coined, it specifically referred to Jews. And Hitler tried to get Arabs to help him attack Jews in the middle east at the time, so they had similar goals.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Interesting arguments on both sides. As far as the german people not knowing what was going on.
rolleye.gif

Ever smell your neighbor cooking a steak ? Couple little t-bones merrily sizzling away can be smelled for quite a ways. Now, have you ever smelled putrifying flesh ? Burning putrified flesh ? The t-bones aroma pales in comparison.

Ovens going round the clock for months incinerating hair, bone, teeth of people by the millions would not have been confused with the smell of sauerbraten for the troops. To insinuate that the German people were unaware of what was happening to the jews, gypsies, slav's, etc. etc. is laughable at best.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
It's true...

This gets curiouser and curiouser. Last Thursday we noted a map of the Middle East on the Mercedes Web site on which every country was labeled except Israel. Then yesterday we noted that Mercedes had responded to reader complaints about Israel's omission by removing the names of Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq from the map and claiming that the map lists only countries with dealers "that are organizational belonging to DaimlerChrysler Middle East or have an agreement for linking the websites."

Now, Mercedes has modified the map yet again--to remove all country names. (In case Mercedes pulls another stunt like this, we've copied the nameless map here.) This renders the map all but useless, since in order to find the country's link you still have to move your cursor to the place where the name used to be, which is rather a challenge for big countries like Egypt or Saudi Arabia.

WSJ

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

America fought FOR black civil rights in a bloody war. Germany fought AGAINST Jews which led to a massacre. It would be delirious to assume that all Americans hate blacks when America as a whole continuously fought for their rights for quite a while.
yahh, right, now tell me who they fought against? thats right, americans

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002

Actually the United States of America was involved in a war with the Confederate States of America. The CSA was formed because they did not want to be "Americans".

dribgnikcom

Banned
Feb 21, 2002

Is it just me Czar or are all Swedes, Finlandians, and Icelandians I meet on the internet virulently Anti-American and Anti-Israel!?

BTW 308nato I love ur sig it's so true... (About the liberal part)

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

And who instituted slavery in the New World? Thats right, Europeans.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas

And who instituted slavery in the New World? Thats right, Europeans.

Where do white americans come from? Europe!

This is pointless.