German disbelief over 9/11

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
until liberals come up with their own plans for how america is to conduct herself throughout the globe (with friends and allies), I'd suggest they either STFU and fall in line or make constructive criticism.

And these people aren't going away anytime soon. They are members of both parties. This blueprint for america's role in the world in the new era is heavily supported by all rational and intellectual americans.

As for 9/11, considering that it was being planned years before bush came into power, and happened within the first 9 months of his presidency, it would've taken a lot of people to carry out such a conspiracy. Considering that no one has come foward also debunks the conspirators.

LOL
:D

Thanks for the laugh.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
until liberals come up with their own plans for how america is to conduct herself throughout the globe (with friends and allies), I'd suggest they either STFU and fall in line or make constructive criticism.

And these people aren't going away anytime soon. They are members of both parties. This blueprint for america's role in the world in the new era is heavily supported by all rational and intellectual americans.

As for 9/11, considering that it was being planned years before bush came into power, and happened within the first 9 months of his presidency, it would've taken a lot of people to carry out such a conspiracy. Considering that no one has come foward also debunks the conspirators.

LOL
:D

Thanks for the laugh.

laugh now, my friend. but in a couple of years; whether you're hood-winked at Camp X-Ray or sipping coffee at the local Starbucks, the world you're reading about now would've become more of what you currently experience.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Crimson
Wow.. this thread reminds me why I rarely spend time at Anandtech anymore.. one day you people will grow up.

Yeah, lets think about this.. Bush could orchestrate the murder of 3000 people, but not ONE single person in his administration is turning on him.. yeah.. ok.. Its pretty easy to get 15 hijackers to fly 3 planes into 3 different buildings as President.. NOBODY would notice him talking to terrorists on the phone or in person.

The crackpots are out in force..

Agreed !

The hatred by the Bush haters never ceases to amaze me.. even the Republicans didn't accuse Clinton of mass murder. But its done here on a daily basis.

And AGREED !

Nice reply to these haters of America Crimson :beer: ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
laugh now, my friend. but in a couple of years; whether you're hood-winked at Camp X-Ray or sipping coffee at the local Starbucks, the world you're reading about now would've become more of what you currently experience.
------------------------------------
One of the reasons I think Dari is a refugee from some miserable hell-hole somewhere and has this hyper infatuation with American power as a result of the fearfullness he developed there is that he doesn't seem to speak Engilsh very well. Would you care to translate or rephrase that in other words that make some sense?

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: lozina

Perhaps the democrats (you editted it to 'liberals' later) are focusing more on issues at home- which are more important right now [emphasis added]. Our economy is self-destruct mode, Ashcroft is out to consume our civil rights, we're spending way too much on military while cutting essential public programs...

RE: conspiracy, It only happened 2 years ago, I'm sure you'll find more and more compelling issues as the years drift by and people loe interest.

Domestic issues are more important, huh? So, we ignore foreign issues until another 3,000 Americans are dead at home, THEN we can restart a concentration on foreign policy problems? Smart!

The military is one of the MOST ESSENTIAL "public programs" that the federal government is charged with. Or, is your life not that important?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

You got brass ones calling anyone arrogant and patronizing pal. And this has nothing to do with Bush. We are talking about referencing a document incorrectly in order to make a point. It's a either a mistake or a lie to do so. You're too sorry to admit you were wrong and move on. Timmy's too sorry to come back here and defend it. Instead you want to call me names. Pathetic but typical and not at all unexpected.

And you got some nerve to expect that I'd be glued to this thing 24 hours a day, at your beck and call; I'm happy to have something of a LIFE outside the PC and you seem like you need to get one yourself.

The debate around here seems like it's going just fine and normal (you bushevik lovers vs. everyone else) and I feel you will find a way to shoot down whatever I retort back on so I'll just leave at this for the time being. It's futile to debate with someone so obviously one-sided; what I said has been discussed pretty fully I think. You'll probably still come back with some snide comment, so fire away.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

You got brass ones calling anyone arrogant and patronizing pal. And this has nothing to do with Bush. We are talking about referencing a document incorrectly in order to make a point. It's a either a mistake or a lie to do so. You're too sorry to admit you were wrong and move on. Timmy's too sorry to come back here and defend it. Instead you want to call me names. Pathetic but typical and not at all unexpected.

And you got some nerve to expect that I'd be glued to this thing 24 hours a day, at your beck and call; I'm happy to have something of a LIFE outside the PC and you seem like you need to get one yourself.

The debate around here seems like it's going just fine and normal (you bushevik lovers vs. everyone else) and I feel you will find a way to shoot down whatever I retort back on so I'll just leave at this for the time being. It's futile to debate with someone so obviously one-sided; what I said has been discussed pretty fully I think. You'll probably still come back with some snide comment, so fire away.

Nobody's expecting you to be glued to anything. Just save the diatribe and defend the argument. Here's a refresher - -

Honestly it makes sense for them, and the need for a "Pearl Harbor type event" has been hyped about since 1996 in the Project for a New American Century by the Republicans and many current members of the Bushevik Regime.

It's obvious to me (and others) that you have never read that document and you have no idea what the "Pearl Harbor" reference even is. This last comment of your's is priceless:
I feel you will find a way to shoot down whatever I retort back on

Yes, that's called debate and arguing from a position based on facts. Something you are wholly unfamiliar with.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Hey you rationalize it all however you'd like to, babe; far be it from me to stop you.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Hey you rationalize it all however you'd like to, babe; far be it from me to stop you.

I'm not rationalizing anything Timmy. I'm asking you to defend your statement. Apparently you can't, which is fine because I never really thought you could.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Yyyeeeeahhh. Whatever you say. I fell into the entertain-the-loon thing yesterday once, and I'm not doing this again. I've stated my rationale. Discussion over with you *ignore*.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Yyyeeeeahhh. Whatever you say. I fell into the entertain-the-loon thing yesterday once, and I'm not doing this again. I've stated my rationale. Discussion over with you *ignore*.

You've stated no rationale for anything and putting your hands over your ears and screaming "na, na, na, I can't hear you" isn't going to change it.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: AndrewR

Perhaps the democrats (you editted it to 'liberals' later) are focusing more on issues at home- which are more important right now [emphasis added]. Our economy is self-destruct mode, Ashcroft is out to consume our civil rights, we're spending way too much on military while cutting essential public programs...

RE: conspiracy, It only happened 2 years ago, I'm sure you'll find more and more compelling issues as the years drift by and people loe interest.

Domestic issues are more important, huh? So, we ignore foreign issues until another 3,000 Americans are dead at home, THEN we can restart a concentration on foreign policy problems? Smart!

The military is one of the MOST ESSENTIAL "public programs" that the federal government is charged with. Or, is your life not that important?

How will you pay for military when our country is going for broke? How has the military in Iraq benefited us, which has no ties to 9/11? We can't go around satisfying imperialistic dreams while our country starts to rot from the inside, otherwise we will end up like the Romans.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I am not gonna dwell into this BS, I just belong to the other 70%

But yes, there are alot of ppl below 30 in Germany, that think, the US (current admin at least) would do anything to further their agenda. Also the US are seen as the most violent and dangerous country in modern times.

To be honest, when I watched the 911 events live on TV, and they mentioned that the terrorists came from Hamburg - I caught myself for a second thinking: My God the US are gonna bomb us. Because this has been a pattern in recent years... especially with the martial way of expressing this admin has, which is not understood here and taken seriously.

So I can kinda see where this thinking might come from, it is not that ppl think such things for fact, but because of the behavior of the US (esp this admin), the general disregard for foreign life and the "we are the greatest Übernation" attitude, many young ppl here would not put anything past you (right phrase?). Also it rings bells reminding ppl of our past and seeing trends....

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
It's gonna be damn tough to prove the burden on the Busheviks, but I consider that the REAL responsibility lies with the Air Traffic Controllers for not doing their basic damned job, and for the Airport security for being such slackers. That's where the responsibility REALLY lies,,,,that is, if they weren't being paid-off to "overlook" some things.

Perhaps if you weren't such a tard you'd realize that a) some of the transponders on the planes were turned off, leaving some doubt as to what was actually in the air and b) the hijackers used weapons that were not banned on planes before 9/11.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize
Since when should the Germans be polled on what they think about responsobility for atrocities?

This man's prejudism is revealed.
This man's lack of education is revealed. Try a word in english?

You are correct, "prejudism" is not actually an official word in the dictionary. However, if you do a google search on "prejudism" you will see how widely it is used. Despite that, I thank you for pointing it out and I apologize for using it.

But, let's not let that detract our attention for your prejudiced views. It is quite appalling to see someone in this day and age make usage of such gross generalizations, especially when our modern education system frowns upon it so extensively. This may hint towards a 'lack of education'.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Since when should the Germans be polled on what they think about responsobility for atrocities?

You are correct, "prejudism" is not actually an official word in the dictionary. However, if you do a google search on "prejudism" you will see how widely it is used. Despite that, I thank you for pointing it out and I apologize for using it.

But, let's not let that detract our attention for your prejudiced views. It is quite appalling to see someone in this day and age make usage of such gross generalizations, especially when our modern education system frowns upon it so extensively. This may hint towards a 'lack of education'.
You toss out a word that doesn't exist, then question my education? How quaint. I have a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree. Trump it? If you have a Doctorate or second masters, then I'll submit to being less educated in the traditional sense.

My point was, the Gernam population has had the wool pulled over its eyes before. So I don't generally value any polls that represent their views on atrocities. Prejudiced? If you like. I love Germany, and the German people. But they have their issues like any nation...

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

You toss out a word that doesn't exist, then question my education? How quaint. I have a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree. Trump it? If you have a Doctorate or second masters, then I'll submit to being less educated in the traditional sense.

My point was, the Gernam population has had the wool pulled over its eyes before. So I don't generally value any polls that represent their views on atrocities. Prejudiced? If you like. I love Germany, and the German people. But they have their issues like any nation...

I disagree with that view, just because that atrocious event occured in Germany, does not mean the entire population should be blamed. I shouldn't be blamed for this illegal invasion on Iraq just because I'm American, since I opposed it. I went to a protest and watch others get beaten on my the metropolitan police. I sent letters to my representatives and senators- I did whatever I could to voice my opinion, as millions of others have done. But the plans of this Administration would not be foiled by any means. And only now after truths are revealed and the propaganda and fear fades that more people are realizing what we did was wrong. (see the change in Polls). Furthermore, Should my grandson be blamed for this war on Iraq, just because I was a citizen of this country (and did not support it in the first place?) You're talking about 2nd or 3rd generation germans who were not even born yet! Where do you draw the line? Should we hold responsibility for the atrocities against Native Americans which occured a few hundred years ago?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

I disagree with that view, just because that atrocious event occured in Germany, does not mean the entire population should be blamed. I shouldn't be blamed for this illegal invasion on Iraq just because I'm American, since I opposed it. I went to a protest and watch others get beaten on my the metropolitan police. I sent letters to my representatives and senators- I did whatever I could to voice my opinion, as millions of others have done. But the plans of this Administration would not be foiled by any means. And only now after truths are revealed and the propaganda and fear fades that more people are realizing what we did was wrong. (see the change in Polls). Furthermore, Should my grandson be blamed for this war on Iraq, just because I was a citizen of this country (and did not support it in the first place?) You're talking about 2nd or 3rd generation germans who were not even born yet! Where do you draw the line? Should we hold responsibility for the atrocities against Native Americans which occured a few hundred years ago?

I didn't say they should be held responsible, that is the past. I said they've been duped before. Apparently 1/3 of them still have a high degree of dupability. Are you defending the position that it is logical to believe that the US Govt sponsored the attacks on 9/11? Or are you saying they shouldn't learn from their past?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Vadatajs
Originally posted by: Nitemare
I wonder if they believe in the Holocaust?

That's a really stupid question.

It's a very good and valid one. If they don't believe in 9/11, then perhaps they DON'T believe in the holocaust, and would fall for it all over again.