George Zimmerman suffers minor wounds from glass in gunshot incident

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
didn't read the whole thread but GZ is a wreck waiting to happen. he just cannot stay out of trouble. dude lay low, move to another state, get rid of your guns and relax and be a normal person. not everyone is out to get you. :p

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Good for you. I would expect him to report what he saw, and wait for the police...who were on the way.

Didn't we already go over this.

The police were the ones asking him where Trayvon went and what street was closest. Get a grip.

I'm not sure you really read my posts at this point.

"I'll take one definition for a word and pretend that's the only possible way the word can be used acceptably!"

Never said that. Please quote me where I did.

You feel I was wrong, I don't feel that way. Opinion ftw.

You said that the word job is only interchangeable where monetary compensation is involved. I guess you can't hold your tongue when Clark Kent identifies another uncompensated job for Superman and exclaims such?

You know you said it. I refuse to quote you so that you know you aren't steering the conversation with such meaningless demands.

I used the defined word, the way it's used everyday. NW is a volunteer program. If I volunteer at a shelter, do I say before I go "hey, gtg to work". No. It's not a job, it's something I volunteered for.

So you guys care about being accurate, but you don't. So, whatever.
So I guess someone who is proud of their work with the shelter should expect and sternly-worded notice of pedantic objection from you? "In the name of accuracy..."

Last edited:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
didn't read the whole thread but GZ is a wreck waiting to happen. he just cannot stay out of trouble. dude lay low, move to another state, get rid of your guns and relax and be a normal person. not everyone is out to get you. :p

He was in the driver's seat. 90-degree Florida weather. Heavily-tinted windows rolled-up.

A gunshot comes from the right side and barely misses his face (endangering anyone to the left of Zimmerman's vehicle).

This Apperson guy tangled with Zimmerman 8 months ago. Both times, Zimmerman was traveling to a doctor's appointment.

Apperson's window was down. Despite the heavy tinting on Zimmerman's vehicle, Apperson claims that Zimmerman waived his gun in a threatening manner.

That's enough for me to understand the likely possibility that Apperson is a vigilante and actively harasses Zimmerman because he knows people like you will believe his story.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

The mob ensured that he will never be able to lay low. That's the disadvantage being turned into a "media celebrity" did, the exact point I had to argue with Vic over earlier in the thread. Being a nobody allows you to change direction in your life. Because of that mob and the media attention he cannot.

Pretty much I'm saying your advice is pure bullshit meant to make yourself feel superior more than anything else.

:p

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
These events are validated by witness testimony from Rachel Jeantel (Trayvon's friend that he was on the phone with at the time of the incident), testimony from Trayvon's father, testimony from his father's girlfriend, the recorded call with the non-emergency dispatcher, and Zimmerman's own statement.
- Trayvon went all the way home
- Trayvon left his goods on the back step
- Trayvon returned to confront Zimmerman

To argue any of those points is to demonstrate your own ignorance of the facts. I will not submit to your demand for a research report of all relevant testimony and evidence every time I bring up these facts.

Buzz off.

PROVE that blue is a color. I want relevant scientific / philosophical writings on the matter. Please provide them now or we can all conclude that the statement "blue is a color" is a lie.

Oh.. So contrary to what you initially said, it wasn't Zimmerman who said that...

It makes it easier to take your stance than to try to produce something that doesn't exist innit? You won't because you can't because it doesn't exist.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
So go find and post the transcript where any witness clearly said TM "had already been all the way home and dropped off his goods on the back step, went back and confronted Zimmerman as Zimmerman was walking back between the houses."

Honestly cabri either you deliberately being obtuse, a lying sack of shit or just a damn idiot. If you can't post what I asked above, pick one of the three.
Why do you only accept witness testimony over other evidence, like where the police found the items? Witness testimony is the LEAST reliable form of evidence and yet you insist on it. Here's something to chew on: Zimmerman himself is a witness. D:

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
For someone who should be relatively intelligent, you strike me as incredibly biased and obtuse on this particular subject. The jury got it right...time to move on and stop embarrassing yourself.

Again, non-sequitur. The subject is whether there is testimony that Trayvon Martin made it home and dropped his stuff off on his back porch and then went to confront Zimmerman. If you can find clear testimony that proves that contention, show it to me. Else everything you post sounds like someone reaching for personal straws because they are embittered at having been repeatedly embarrassed by me.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Again, non-sequitur. The subject is whether there is testimony that Trayvon Martin made it home and dropped his stuff off on his back porch and then went to confront Zimmerman. If you can find clear testimony that proves that contention, show it to me. Else everything you post sounds like someone reaching for personal straws because they are embittered at having been repeatedly embarrassed by me.

Fantasy. Delusion. Borderline insane.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Why do you only accept witness testimony over other evidence, like where the police found the items? Witness testimony is the LEAST reliable form of evidence and yet you insist on it. Here's something to chew on: Zimmerman himself is a witness. D:

Because Ichinisan said there is witness testimony and so that is what I am presently asking him to show me. I know there is none and this quote is your obvious attempt at acknowledging there is none.

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Because Ichinisan said there is witness testimony and so that is what I am presently asking him to show me. I know there is none and this quote is your obvious attempt at acknowledging there is none.

No he didn't. Testimony does not mean witness testimony. Authorities presenting evidence present it with testimony about it. Also, it wasn't Ichinisan you were responding to with that.

You were responding to Cabri. Please link to a clear witness testimony where Ichinisan says that.

Last edited:

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Lol at the people arguing with Emperus, the same person who constantly misquoted evidence, claiming it was racial. The same person who claimed he would never post on this racist forum again when it became obvious he would have to admit he was wrong and Zimmerman would be found not guilty.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Lol at the people arguing with Emperus, the same person who constantly misquoted evidence, claiming it was racial. The same person who claimed he would never post on this racist forum again when it became obvious he would have to admit he was wrong and Zimmerman would be found not guilty.

Like I said: It's fun.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

yeah i find it amazing. Though i do give him credit. is great at dragging people down to his level.

it's better to just let him think what he does.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

When you produce that research report to show that blue is a color, then I'll be satisfied.

Well, not forever. Just until the next time you say that blue is a color. Then, I'll demand verification again.

...and again.

...and again.

...and again.

I already told you: His father and father's girlfriend testified they thought Trayvon was home because they found the items he left on the steps.

Do you deny this? If so, you are the one who failed to understand the events.

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Target stores do not sell groceries

/thread

Bingo.... It took two weeks of arguing and links to the stores website, before Emperus grudgingly admitted he was wrong. Even then, he turned it back on the people who proved him wrong, calling them hicks if they shop for groceries at a super target.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Target stores do not sell groceries

/thread

What was the genesis of the argument. That is made no sense to me that George Zimmerman went to Target by himself on a rainy Sunday night to buy groceries for himself and his wife for the week.

Forward fast to after the trial and we learn that George Zimmerman's wife left him and moved out the night before the shooting. So, please tell me how he was going to Target to buy groceries for him and his wife for the following week, when his wife didn't live there. In fact tell me how he and his wife tutored a child that day then went home and did their Sunday routine when his wife was at her fathers the whole time?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
When you produce that research report to show that blue is a color, then I'll be satisfied.

Well, not forever. Just until the next time you say that blue is a color. Then, I'll demand verification again.

...and again.

...and again.

...and again.

I already told you: His father and father's girlfriend testified they thought Trayvon was home because they found the items he left on the steps.

Do you deny this? If so, you are the one who failed to understand the events.

So, you can easily find the testimony then that said that after he went to the store, he went home dropped off what he bought and then went to attack George Zimmerman.

So, he went to the store, went home and yet walked back to attack someone with the skittles and ice tea he bought? I mean does that even make rational sense to you?