Geo metro on Foxnews in Highspeed L.A. chase

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zimmie6576

Apr 7, 2002
Geo metro ... highspeed. Never thought I'd see those in the same sentence.

Now there's an oxymoron for you.

hoihtah

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
he/she deserves to be forgiven for whatever crime, if suceeds in escaping the chase in that car.

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
bahaha i'm watching this in detroit.... MSNBC channel. HAHAH looks like he's going like ....

edit 80mph LOL

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I think it is a 4cyl Metro, you know the FAST one ;)

But the Police said it was doing over 90mph in the straight away, and thats with the hood off :Q

When are people going to learn, A cop chase only ends 2 ways, you being slammed to the ground by the cops whe they catch you, or the car somehow going into the air and you eating SH+T AND/OR dieing a slow painful death. And most of the time you get more jail time for running then you do for whatever you got pulled for. MORON'S!!!! :disgust:

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
"If the cops have to chase you they are bringing an ass kicking" - Chris Rock

CocaCola5

Golden Member
Jan 5, 2001
Would it be considered unnecessary roughness if the cops try to ram the Metro off the road?

Draco

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

<<

<< Geo metro on Foxnews in Highspeed L.A. chase >>

It can't be that high speed.
>>

Yeah I was just going to say, isn't that an oxymoron. "High Speed" and "Geo Metro" shouldn' tbe allowed in the same sentence

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000

<< haha man this guy is stupid or really clever. >>

"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever." :D

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
And my feelings for Fox News has come to a new low
rolleye.gif
The only reason i'm watching is because they had the best picture, should've muted the TV so I didn't have to endure the big asshole windbag narrating. And now it's all over :(

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
shepard smith sounded like an LA Tour Guide;

"Coming up on your left you see ___ national park"

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Is it over yet? I was watching during lunch but had to head back to the office.

Last I saw he did a little dance on the truck away ramp and then got back in his car. Dog was wagging it's tail ready to pounce.

Can someone update how it ended?

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Dog went for the guy when he got out of the car again, and 5-6 CHP's went after him too. They took him down and that was that.

The arrest was as exciting as the Metro.

rolleye.gif

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I was considering looking for a geometro engine to put in a go cart, but thought a chainsaw engine probably has more torque.

jonn

Sep 22, 2001
I have a 96 4 cyl sedan with a 5 speed, sure, i know its slower than a 2.2 Cav. (just for reference) but i get over 40 mpg with it, and running 65 to 70 (legal speeds) on freeways it handles that just fine, most i have pushed it too was 90+ mph. And that wasnt hard to do, sure it was a level road i grant you. But i dont drive like a teenage maniac anyway.Open highway driving you cant tell it from any other small car, except it handles a lot better than older small cars, front and rear sway bars make a lot of difference too, and passing a on coming tractor trailor at highway speeds, you can hardly feel it. Stong head winds a bit more, but what can you expect from a 1,900 pound car.For reference, i have a Corolla with a auto tranny and a 1.5 Metro runs just as good, its smooth, its very quiet inside for a small car, almost equal to my sons 92 Cav. or my daughters 95 Tracer Trio in quietness. Plus power steering, power ABS brakes, air con. Flame if you want, i like it, no i wouldnt race other rice rockets made today with it( but id love to ram it up those rice rockets oversize loud fart box mufflers!) any more than i would a 71 Charger with a 440,(which i used to own) its not meant for that, nor are our highways, but for a small gas saving car,its not bad. Run from Police in one? not hardly unless its a road across the desert.. There are two things i surely wish Police would crack down on, first, those who in a 55 just have to go 65 if you are going 55, have to pass "just to be in front of you" and second, those who tailgate, they are the stupidest people from a safety stand point you can have, and seems like nowdays its about 90% of the cars on the road that do this, i drive 100 miles a day 5 days a week, i put up with so many idoits i swear i hope if one ever makes me wreck,the cops are there quick to contain me,guess this has turned into a rant, cant help it. New poll: how many tickets and accidents in the whole time you have been driving,ill start, been driving since 1973, one ticket, one fender bender in town..