Gay marriage ban wins big in Alabama

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 45acp
Everyone of you that has slammed the state of Alabama where I was born and raised should be ashamed of yourselves. I have been to almost every state in the nation and liked everyone that I visited, but when someone deliberately slams my state, I have no use for you at all and you are an insult to every American living in the U.S.
Every citizen of Alabama should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing the state to sink to the lowest common denominator of stupidity and bigotry. Whether or not that's the case for the majority of Alabamans, this vote continues and reinforces the stereotypical image.
If you don't like the way we enact our laws, then stay away!
No problem. Any area where the population has an apparent mean IQ is under 80 doesn't interest me much. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

If you disagree, let's see you do more about it than cry about the truth behind the insulting stereotype. :p

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
Everyone of you that has slammed the state of Alabama where I was born and raised should be ashamed of yourselves. I have been to almost every state in the nation and liked everyone that I visited, but when someone deliberately slams my state, I have no use for you at all and you are an insult to every American living in the U.S.
Every citizen of Alabama shold be ashamed of yourselves for allowing the state to sink to the lowest common denominator of stupidity and bigotry. Whether or not that's the case for the majority of Alabamans, this vote continues and reinforces the stereotypical image.
If you don't like the way we enact our laws, then stay away!
No problem. Any area where the population has an apparent mean IQ is under 80 doesn't interest me much. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

If you disagree, let's see you do more about it than cry about the truth behind the insult.

You do realize that every time this has come before the voters of any state, it has always gone toward maintaining marriage as between one man and one woman. Including liberal leaning places like California.

imported_45acp

Jun 13, 2006

If you disagree, let's see you do more about it than cry about the truth behind the insulting stereotype. :p

Well, you might think of moving as your IQ seems to be down to about the degree of a turnip!

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: shrumpage
You do realize that every time this has come before the voters of any state, it has always gone toward maintaining marriage as between one man and one woman. Including liberal leaning places like California.
You do realize that one of the founding principles of our Constitution is protection of the minority from tyranny by the majority.

That doesn't make beating up on the rights of otherwise peaceful, contributing citizens anymore right. All it means is, like black civil rights and women's rights, gays have a long way to go to gain equal rights in a nation saturated with messages of bigotry and hatred from religious nutcases and the politians who pander to them :|
Well, you might think of moving as your IQ seems to be down to about the degree of a turnip!
Big, empty words from someone who knows nothing about me. :roll:

imported_45acp

Jun 13, 2006
Originally posted by: shrumpage
You do realize that one of the founding principles of our Constitution is protection of the minority from tyranny by the majority.

That doesn't make beating up on the rights of otherwise peaceful, contributing citizens anymore right. All it means is, like black civil rights and women's rights, gays have a long way to go to gain equal rights in a nation saturated with messages of bigotry and hatred from religious nutcases and the politians who pander to them :|
Big, empty words from someone who knows nothing about me. :roll:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you're all mouth and no rear! :roll:

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you're all mouth and no rear! :roll:
Thanks for proving my point, noob. As far as rears go, you're welcome to :lips: mine. :laugh:

imported_45acp

Jun 13, 2006
Thanks for proving my point, noob. As far as rears go, you're welcome to :lips: mine. :laugh:

I proved my point alright, I noticed that you had to go back and edit everyone of your posts, so what's wrong with your brain cells, aren't they kicking in on the firt try? :disgust: :|

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Every citizen of Alabama shold be ashamed of yourselves for allowing the state to sink to the lowest common denominator of stupidity and bigotry. Whether or not that's the case for the majority of Alabamans, this vote continues and reinforces the stereotypical image.

Oregon enacted the same ban. Are they living up to their progessive, leftist, so-called tolerant stereotypical image?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: BlancoNino

Oregon enacted the same ban. Are they living up to their progessive, leftist, so-called tolerant stereotypical image?

Oregon full of Rich folks with an agenda of America in their Discrimination and hate filled image.

Alabama full of Religious folks with similar vision of an America with discrimination and hate.

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Oregon full of Rich folks with an agenda of America in their Discrimination and hate filled image.

Alabama full of Religious folks with similar vision of an America with discrimination and hate.

California did the same thing, who's to blame (besides the majority) for that one?

imported_45acp

Jun 13, 2006
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

And both you and Harvey are doing exactly what you are against, and that is to sterotype a whole region of people simply because they enacted a law that goes against your thoughts. :|

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
And both you and Harvey are doing exactly what you are against, and that is to sterotype a whole region of people simply because they enacted a law that goes against your thoughts. :|
No, I didn't say that, but you're doing a fine job of proving your personal reading skills are on the low side of the perceived stereotype. :laugh:

sierrita

Mar 24, 2002

What the hey does that mean? Never heard that expression before.

:confused:

imported_45acp

Jun 13, 2006
Originally posted by: randym431
I've always been fascinated with this nonsense. You've got a large group of people who feel it necessary to force others to operate and live by their belief system. A wise man once said:

Obviously all the "wise men" left Alabama long ago.

If that's what you think. We do build the rockets and shuttles that NASA fires into space. We have four new vehicle plants, a 3.5 employement rate, 1 billion dollars surplus in state coffers, so I guess there's still some wise men around. :p

imported_45acp

Jun 13, 2006
No, I didn't say that, but you're doing a fine job of proving your personal reading skills are on the low side of the perceived stereotype. :laugh:

At least I'm not gay like apparently you must be since you don't like our new laws and can't visit anymore! :p

imported_45acp

Jun 13, 2006
Originally posted by: sierrita

It means he hides behind his computer screen jacking his jaws and doesn't have enough A$$ to back up his obnoxious stupidness.

Or in other words: "he's stuck on stupid"! :)

Feb 10, 2000

It means he hides behind his computer screen jacking his jaws and doesn't have enough A$$ to back up his obnoxious stupidness.

Okay, I try not to act like the Spelling and Grammar Police, but a person who criticizes someone else for his "stupidness" could only be the product of Alabama schooling! :p

45acp: Calm the hell down. Your posting career here is not off to a promising start at this rate. I have lived in AL and for the most part found the people there to be pleasant and friendly. I have no beef with it, but you're acting like the world's worst ambassador for your state.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: DonVito

Okay, I try not to act like the Spelling and Grammar Police, but a person who criticizes someone else for his "stupidness" could only be the product of Alabama schooling! :p

45acp: Calm the hell down. Your posting career here is not off to a promising start at this rate. I have lived in AL and for the most part found the people there to be pleasant and friendly. I have no beef with it, but you're acting like the world's worst ambassador for your state.

Hrm. I looked it up. Stupidness is in the dictionary. Amazing.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
At least I'm not gay like apparently you must be since you don't like our new laws and can't visit anymore! :p

Who were you before your ban? When are you leaving again?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: sierrita

Huh?

Did you just make that up?

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: zendari
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: sonoma1993
why can't people mind there own business? If a gay/lesbian people want to get married. It's fine by me because it none of my business what they do in there own personal life. it's there choice what they want todo not mine.

I couldn't tell you. But for some reason, our country is FILLED with nanny-staters who think it's the government's job to enforce their particular views on moral issues...especially when it comes to sex.

Nobody is enforcing anything. Gays are free to be gay on their own accord.

A parent who says no to his kid going to chuckycheeses isn't enforcing his antipizza views on his kid.

An interesting analogy. The common wisdom is that conservatives thing the government is supposed to be their daddy...

In any case, the government is enforcing your view of marriage on everyone by only declaring marriage to be something hetero couples do.

Marraige is not a moral issue. It is a contract granted by our society.
sowhats the poroblem with granting it? Besides that most people do not look at it from theat perspective.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: EatSpam
Originally posted by: EatSpam
Its disgusting that people care so much about what other unrelated people do in their private lives.

And despite their Jesusmongering, they've done nothing to prevent gay people from existing or having relationships.

That's not the objective. Everyone is tolerant of gays, but we will not endorse their behavior..

That's just the thing. Why do you care about their behavior? Why is it any of your business what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own lives?

I dont; when they come to get a marraige license they make it society's business.
when they get on the bus it becomes societies business.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Despite what certain leftwingers think, in the senate or elsewhere, this country has been united in its stance for proper marraige.

Support is certainly overwhelming in many states.

Too bad it can't be united in its stance for proper spelling.

It should be a State issue, thanks captain obvious. I don't think it surprises anyone that Alabamians voted this way. I am sure the 10 gay couples in Alabama are crushed.

:roll: