Gaming pc running slowly :(

Alfred Holmer

Dec 10, 2017
Hello, why is my gaming pc running slowly?
It started like 2 weeks ago when i played H1Z1.
I have almost everything on low graphic settings (pro settings) i have like 140 fps but it feels like i have 50 but it says on steam fps counter that i have 100-140.
It's just not on H1Z1, it is on dayz, infestation newz, csgo and i have everything on low!!! But im still getting ''fps drops'' can someone please help me :(

Specs
CPU Intel core i7 7700k 4.20 GHZ
GPU Asus Geforce GTX 1060 Dual OC 6GB
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GB 2400MHz DDR4 x4 so i have 16GB
PSU Corsair RMx Series RM750x 750Watt 80 PLUS Gold
CPU Cooler Be Quiet Pure Rock processor
Harddrive Samsung ssd 931GB
I think that's all.

PS i built the computer 2 months ago.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
That is a well stocked gaming rig, nice going. It is strange that the rig worked, then it didn't after running a game. Are there any tests you have to show poor performance ? Can you give an example of fps drops ? Are there no anomalies to suggest a cause of poor performance ?
You do not mention a monitor, is the appropriate cable/resolution used ? Is there another gpu available ?

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
I was having the same problem a while ago. Turned out i needed to reinstall my Nvidia drivers. When installing the latest ones, select custom installation and check 'Clean Installation'. Once it's done installing reboot.

Alfred Holmer

Dec 10, 2017
That is a well stocked gaming rig, nice going. It is strange that the rig worked, then it didn't after running a game. Are there any tests you have to show poor performance ? Can you give an example of fps drops ? Are there no anomalies to suggest a cause of poor performance ?
You do not mention a monitor, is the appropriate cable/resolution used ? Is there another gpu available ?
Well i have a Asus MG248Q (144hz) on every game i play i have 1600x900 resolution.
Yeah it’s 1 or 2 gpu sockets avalible.
Do you mean a stress test?

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
I mean that you may want to quantify your perception of poor performance somehow, by looking at comparable fps scores on similar machines . Is there another video card available to help analyse performance metrics ?
Daveybrat mentions drivers. Are there Nvidia drivers optimized for these games ? I hear some games are poorly coded-are other players hurting as well ?

Alfred Holmer

Dec 10, 2017
I mean that you may want to quantify your perception of poor performance somehow, by looking at comparable fps scores on similar machines . Is there another video card available to help analyse performance metrics ?
Daveybrat mentions drivers. Are there Nvidia drivers optimized for these games ? I hear some games are poorly coded-are other players hurting as well ?
Well im not so sure about how i can show it to you. Yes the drivers are optimized for all the games im playing.
I've tried to reinstall every game but it didn't work at all.
First i thought it was my PSU because i hade an cx600 from corsair so i bought a new one but didn't work either.
Sorry for my bad english, i'm from sweden and only 15 years old so it's hard to understand everything but i'll try my best :)

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Last big windows update messed up most of my rigs. Got them mostly back except for 1 which needs a reinstall cause it just won't respond anymore.