gaming mouse recommendations

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
If I had $100 to blow on a mouse, I'd think about this one:

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

I know one person who has it and loves it after taking the time to make it fit his had perfectly. Given how many configuration options there are for it though, it should work for pretty much anyone.

That being said, I'm very happy with the G9 I got for $20AR a while back. It took a little getting used to the shape after my mx500 died, but now I love it.

ivan2

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2000
www.heatware.com
The G9 with the claw grip insert (rough texture one) is better than the copperhead, same mobility but much more sure gripped (for a right handed user). With the palm grip insert it is comparable with much bigger mouse like the mx1000 but i feel it restricts finger movement more than then deathadder because the backside is taller and hits my palm easily.

I had a full line up of razor up until deathadded and including the laser Boomerang. I got the G9 just to see what the fuss was about when it was on sale and never looked back.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
The G9 with the claw grip insert (rough texture one) is better than the copperhead, same mobility but much more sure gripped (for a right handed user). With the palm grip insert it is comparable with much bigger mouse like the mx1000 but i feel it restricts finger movement more than then deathadder because the backside is taller and hits my palm easily.

I had a full line up of razor up until deathadded and including the laser Boomerang. I got the G9 just to see what the fuss was about when it was on sale and never looked back.

The larger rubberized grip is actually the claw grip, the smaller rough grip is finger. The G9 really isn't meant for palm at all, its too short and the buttons are too shallow for the mouse to be palmed.

The 9 series (G9/G9x) is made to target finger/claw users while the 5 series (MX500/MX510/MX518/G5/G500)is for palm

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Only $75 @ amazon. Reviews as so so...

If I had $100 to blow on a mouse, I'd think about this one:

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

I know one person who has it and loves it after taking the time to make it fit his had perfectly. Given how many configuration options there are for it though, it should work for pretty much anyone.

That being said, I'm very happy with the G9 I got for $20AR a while back. It took a little getting used to the shape after my mx500 died, but now I love it.

Oct 30, 2004
This is one area I never really looked into. I've been using my beloved MX310 for many years now....and it's my favorite mouse (as far as shape).

I like the MX 310 too. Thumb buttons on both sides. Feels good to use.

However, I have a gripe about them. I've owned two of them and for whatever reason they just end up falling apart. On one the left button spring no longer seems to work and while I can still use the mouse, it kind of sucks. On the other the cord seems to have shorted