gaming mouse..mx518se or explorer 3.0?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by: toyota
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
explorer 3.0. i seriously think its the best mouse ever created.

sorry but it felt like a cheap piece of junk and side buttons lacked any type of feedback. even if the explorer 3.0 would have fit my hand it was still going to be returned.

oh...ive been using this mouse for years and have used nothing else (well ive used the wireless desktop 8000 mouse and that is WAY too sensitive for my own tastes) since.

ShOcKwAvE827

Jul 28, 2001
I have the Habu which is similarly shaped to the IE 3.0 I guess. Pretty comfortable after a getting somewhat used to it, but I still miss the smoothness of my Logitech G7. The mouse feet on the Habu are pretty terrible. Tracking seems choppier than the G7 also. I recommend the 518 or G5.

nova2

Feb 3, 2006
get the mx518 from ebay if you have to, and then get a nice smooth low friction mousepad, maybe the ratz mousepad or the func 1030 pad

i once had a ms intellimouse explorer 3.x and the left mouse button lasted only for 6 months before double clicking started to happen.

Calculator83

Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Aflac
Originally posted by: Calculator83
Disregard EVERYTHING anyone else has said so far.

MX518 is the BEST gaming mouse available

Reasons:

1. It is manually adjustable to 1000hz
2. NO annoying left/right middle clicks "trust me" this is the biggest reason.
3. Very light
4. Peak of optical led tech before laser. in Essense "perfection"

I love the tilt wheel on my G5. I don't use my middle click anymore (partly because it's next to impossible to middle-click), but side-tilting makes it a lot easier to hit the middle button (which, for me, is mapped to left-tilt) in a tense FPS situation.

I'd agree with you that you CAN map the tilt to middle click, I stick with it because of familiarity "F3AR change" :( the only benefit if i switched would be the Gigantic teflon underside, but other than that, it's no better.

XelHa

Sep 14, 2004
On the mx518 I used the dpi increase as my alternate fire or a second middle click & really miss it now that I have the G9. The bottom 2 pads of the G9 are superior to the mx518 and you can replace them...& yet the grip of the mouse is less comfortable since it is a fingertip grip mouse. Now that I am used to it I will probably just use the other mouse on other builds. Check this out for benchmarking older mice... http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=1 , another review . http://www.tweaktown.com/revie...n_and_grips/index.html Some really rave over the Razor Lachesis yet I haven't tested that one. You could always try both & take one back!