Games with ancient Egyptian theme?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
While I think the wiki link probably mentions them, the Ankh games are fun point-and-click adventure games. Although they may be impossible to play today due to lack of updates and DRM blocking the community from stepping in.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

I don't know how old you are and/or whether some games are "too old", but I come back to this one every few years.

And don't forget that the first Tomb Raider also had an excellent Egyptian level.

All things considered I think it's the best level in the game. When you come out of the tunnel and find that huge underground Sphinx, with all kinds of objects scattered up and down the rock cliffs (who's meaning and use you slowly uncover during the course of the sub level) - that's pretty cool stuff.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
https://www.desert-nomad.com/

A Tale in The Desert MMO

A Tale in the Desert is a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game (MMO) set in ancient Egypt. The game focuses on crafting and trading, mixed with strong social challenges, and has absolutely no combat and death is rare. Within the game is one of the most complex trade skill systems that have ever been created. This is coupled with tests in various disciplines that challenge players to work together or against each other. There is a discipline to meet almost any interest.

Perhaps most unique is that the game actually has an ending and a new telling starts up with players back at ground zero. The 8th incarnation began on Friday 2nd March 2018, and is the first tale under the ownership of Desert Nomad Studios

The game is a great sociological experiment, asking questions like "What will happen if players can completely control the world through the use of laws?" and "Will players work together in a project when working against each other could potentially have more benefit to one of them?". Tale 8 continues with this ethos, with the emphasis on discovery.

run by a bare bones company i believe

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
How did I forget A Tale in the Desert? I've mentioned it here before. Interesting underdog unique MMO. Glad to see someone else heard of it.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Hexen2.jpg