Games which deserve a sequel

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Shogo MADD

No One Lives Forever 2

Quake Wars

Total Annihilation

Diablo 2

Battlefield 1942

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Diablo 2 will never happen now that Blizzard is gone.

Activi$ion will milk it to the ground like everything else they touch. Enjoy your DLC and microtransactions.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
World in Conflict.

Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2 Freespace 2

Half life 2

Homeworld 2

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Severance Blade of Darkness
X-Wing
Freelancer

Would vote for full throttle but it ain't gonna happen. At least not with the original voice actor (Roy Conrad is dead)

Last edited:

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Fix the sequel and finish the FUCKING TRILOGY!!!

:mad:

there is a mod for kotor2 in which the guys that made it found out a lot of stuff in the kotor2 source code that didnt make it to the final game, but ITS THERE, coded, and they implemented it back into the game.

i heard its pretty cool, like lots of dialogues and stuff, SPECIALLY near the end of the game.

I need to make myself sometime to play kotor2 again with it

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
If you want the exact same atmosphere, just play that game again.

New games mean new experiences. (Unless you're EA.)

While I agree with you, there is no excuse for a game company to produce a crappy sequel.

While l4d2 and diablo 2 are good games, they failed to even come close to capturing the atmosphere of the original. The companies used the success of the original to promote a mediocre sequel.

Quake 2, quake 4, and doom 3 were all the same crappy game using the success of the original.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Agreed - that game was so much more imaginative than all the humorless COD-type soldier sims that seem to dominate these days.

Yup, any game that includes an Angry Kitty Proximity Device in your arsenal deserves a proper sequel. NOLF and NOLF2 are some of my personal all time favorite games. I still remember the Magnus Armstrong tricycle event too. Such a good game. The story, comedy, and even the mini-games within the main game were all so top notch.

Last edited:

thm1223

Jun 24, 2011
Civ 5. the plot was Meh...

Your main gripe with Civ 5 was the plot?

I'm going to definitely say Sacrifice, which was mentioned in the second or third post. Rise of Nations which was also mentioned. And how about Battlezone?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The Lost Vikings - best platformer ever. I was only listing games that had no sequel, but that's one needing another.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
Master of Orion 2 (MoO3 fell short of the standard)
Star Control 2 (StarCon3 was meh)
Master of Magic (Fallen Enchantress just does not have the same feel nor depth)
Defense Grid
Pharaoh

I second the Freelancer suggestion.