id Tech 5

xNL.jpg

0NL.jpg

1NL.jpg

2NL.jpg

3NL.jpg

redzo

Nov 21, 2007
I remember AMD having more issues with Rage than Nvidia did.
It is nice to see that they learned their lesson.

desprado

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2013
I remember AMD having more issues with Rage than Nvidia did.
It is nice to see that they learned their lesson.
Wrong bro.Go see forum all mostly all AMD user are complaining alot of about horrible texture,stuttering,flickering and crashing in Wolfenstein The new order.

Last edited:

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
AMD might have good performance but its not actually rendering the game properly, and performance is often very inconsistent. I wouldn't say they have managed to get this one at all, once they are rendering everything correctly and the game is working for their customers then its worth doing a performance test to determine where their cards are.

caswow

Sep 18, 2013
Wrong bro.Go see forum all most all AMD user are complaining alot of about horrible texture,stuttering,flickering and crashing in Wolfenstein The new order.

mostly i read that people with 2gb nvidia cards have stutteringproblems because of low vram. 4gb vram owners dont have that problem.

AMD might have good performance but its not actually rendering the game properly, and performance is often very inconsistent. I wouldn't say they have managed to get this one at all, once they are rendering everything correctly and the game is working for their customers then its worth doing a performance test to determine where their cards are.

you always talk bad about amd drivers. might as well post your sources of "not actually rendering the game properly" and "inconsistent" perforamance.

desprado

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2013
mostly i read that people with 2gb nvidia cards have stutteringproblems because of low vram. 4gb vram owners dont have that problem.

you always talk bad about amd drivers. might as well post your sources of "not actually rendering the game properly" and "inconsistent" perforamance.
Problem is that people who have 2gb ram gpu are trying to play above 1080p but even i saw GTX 750 TI at 1080p is giving dam good performance.

AMD is problem has alot problem to solve for this game.

Leadbox

Oct 25, 2010
Wrong bro.Go see forum all mostly all AMD user are complaining alot of about horrible texture,stuttering,flickering and crashing in Wolfenstein The new order.
Which forum? I'm looking at the Bethesda softworks pc forums and I don't see any of this?

DarkKnightDude

Mar 10, 2011
What's the point of this benchmark if the game is capped at 60 FPS?

Nice to see AMD seems to have caught up in their OpenGL stuff.

redzo

Nov 21, 2007
The game has no competitive/multiplayer mode so there's no need to go above 60fps, not even for a first person shooter. That's how the game was designed.
At this point, consistency / minimum fps is what makes the difference.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
The game has no competitive/multiplayer mode so there's no need to go above 60fps not even for a first person shooter. That's how the game was designed.
At this point, consistency / minimum fps is what makes the difference.
My stomach would tell you otherwise. While 60 FPS isn't terrible, I still experience nausea in 1st person games until I get past ~80 FPS. There is a difference.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
I tested the game on all my systems as well.

It runs quite well at 1080P and I was surprised to see that my 570 was almost as smooth as my 7950Ghz. It does stutter a bit here and there on both systems, but I guess it will be fixed in newer drivers and/or game patches.

My 5850 also run it at around 35fps, with quite high settings. When crossfire will be supported, I believe it will hit 60.

Funny thing is that SLI does not work either, although the latest forceware beta is supposed to include a profile for this game. Oh well.

parvadomus

Dec 11, 2012
I tested the game on all my systems as well.

It runs quite well at 1080P and I was surprised to see that my 570 was almost as smooth as my 7950Ghz. It does stutter a bit here and there on both systems, but I guess it will be fixed in newer drivers and/or game patches.

My 5850 also run it at around 35fps, with quite high settings. When crossfire will be supported, I believe it will hit 60.

Funny thing is that SLI does not work either, although the latest forceware beta is supposed to include a profile for this game. Oh well.

And what about AMD's "horrible texture,stuttering,flickering and crashing"? It happened to you?

Whitestar127

Dec 2, 2011
My stomach would tell you otherwise. While 60 FPS isn't terrible, I still experience nausea in 1st person games until I get past ~80 FPS. There is a difference.
Especially with regards to motion blur there is a difference.

Maybe the fps is also tied to the physics, in the same way as the Trials games from Ubisoft? Or maybe it has something to do with the console versions.

Anyway, with an increasing amount (I'm guessing) of gamers getting 120hz monitors, isn't it about time to move on from such silliness as 60fps caps in games?

desprado

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2013
Which forum? I'm looking at the Bethesda softworks pc forums and I don't see any of this?
Bethesda and Steam community forums and pretty much most of AMD user are complaining about low FPS and horrible texture.

Kristijonas

Jun 11, 2011
Intel G860 + 7790 and I can play this game on medium-high settings with very comfortable fps (40-55, never less than 30). I consider this very good for a new FPS game.
The only texture issue was when I chose high shadows, ultra textures, no compresure. I think it was because my gpu is only 1gb. The issue was that sometimes when I turned around in game, textures took almost a second to load properly. Wasn't that bad and was fixed when I lowered settings to medium-high.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Bethesda and Steam community forums and pretty much most of AMD user are complaining about low FPS and horrible texture.

Some of the reviews I read on gaming websites had problems as well. RPS was one of them and I think Eurogamer mentioned it as well.

In Rage I seem to recall there were a lot of initial problems with Megatexture support on AMD cards (I was one of the people with the problem). I had a lot of texture pop but most of those problems were on AMD cards and made worse under crossfire. IIRC Nvidia had a better implementation initially and now with Rage its working perfectly and seamlessly.

Anyone on AMD card tested if the two major problems with Rage were ever fixed? That was texture pop from megatexture support an vsync on causes a lot (like second long) mouse input latency. I haven't bothered to test it recently but I had assumed they had fixed it, but seeing megatexture issues again with Wolfenstein being reported by review sites suggests they haven't done so.

f1sherman

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2011
AMD might have good performance but its not actually rendering the game properly

I've seen reflections being rendered on the rug, like it's a Luis XIV's Hall of Mirrors LOL.

(that garage where you torture nazi colonel)

R9 290 14.4

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
The game is not demanding at all. Also, HardOCP has their comparison up. The data at GameGPU seems to contradict the data at HardOCP in which NV inches ahead. But the differences are meaningless. HardOCP shows NV being 1-2 fps faster. Who cares really.

HardOCP comparison:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1819568

It's obvious that the game, like Rage, is not demanding. It is ID tech 5 which isn't the best engine. However, I don't care. The game is fun. It met my expectations and more, I think you guys sperg over graphics, 60 fps cap and ultra settings a little too much at times when you should just sit down and enjoy the game. I get the feeling that half the people in this thread don't even play games, but I won't get into that. If you ARE a gamer, If you're a fan of the old school FPS games, this game will more than please you.

Technically, it isn't perfect. Texture pop in still exists. But it's just a way better game than Rage - I did not have a high opinion of Rage at all. Yet Wolf: TNO is a great game IMHO. Pretty much all recent hardware will have no issues running this game near capped at 60 fps.