Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 503 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
That's what I thought. Did her mom die in childbirth too though?
I was thinking maybe human females only died giving birth to a (theoretical) Targaryens? IE; Joanna Lannister and Lyanna Stark

It's a medieval time period. I'm sure child birth is super risky regardless of who it is. If it was as simple as human females only died giving birth to a Targaryen then the Lannisters would still have a mother and Cerci no reason to hate Tyrion so much.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Well, what would you call them? They are impervious to fire.
You know what I'm saying.

I'd call them human. And they're not all impervious to fire. Dany is.

It's a medieval time period. I'm sure child birth is super risky regardless of who it is. If it was as simple as human females only died giving birth to a Targaryen then the Lannisters would still have a mother and Cerci no reason to hate Tyrion so much.

At this point it's widely suspected that Tyrion is half-Targaryen, same as Jon. There have been plenty of clues that he's the illegitimate son of Aerys who was infatuated with Tywin's wife Joanna.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I'd call them human. And they're not all impervious to fire. Dany is.

At this point it's widely suspected that Tyrion is half-Targaryen, same as Jon. There have been plenty of clues that he's the illegitimate son of Aerys who was infatuated with Tywin's wife Joanna.

That second point has got to be a book thing.. I haven't seen anything in the show to say he was in any way related to the Targaryens.. unless I missed something completely..

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
That second point has got to be a book thing.. I haven't seen anything in the show to say he was in any way related to the Targaryens.. unless I missed something completely..

Tywin has a cpl lines in season 1/2 about doubting Tyrion is his son but was not able to prove it so he raised him as a lanister

thats about it IIRC

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Dany's brother certainly was not impervious to 'fire' per se. Even though the whole melting gold in a camp fire thing was ludicrous.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
Dany's brother certainly was not impervious to 'fire' per se. Even though the whole melting gold in a camp fire thing was ludicrous.
Well technically molten gold isn't fire, I doubt even Dany could survive that, so we'll never know if he was immune to other forms of fire.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

the molten gold was poured down his throat. Not sure Dany would fare well there, either. ridiculous, yes--but it was badass.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
4bxxIsJ.jpg

Any episode with Bronn is great

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
Another great episode! I like Cersei hugging Jamie being all nice, then says "don't ever betray me again". She probably would kill her own brother if needed.

Also, awesome to have the BWB tag up with Jon and the gang to head north of the wall....what could possibly go wrong!?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
What an episode.

Gendry is back and wielding a warhammer just like Robert. Not sure what that means, but cool way to reintroduce the character.

Jon, Jorah, the Hound, Beric, Thoros and Tormund going north of the Wall. That could be a show in and of itself. Also worth noting that the Lord of Light resurrected Beric, the Hound and Jon Snow. Tormund better not bite it until he hooks up with Brienne.

Also, my first thought when Cersei revealed she is pregnant is that Pycelle has something to do with it. Jaime is not the father. Given Pycelle's dabbling in necromancy, wouldnt surprise me if Cersei aligns with the Night King.

This season needs more No One.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Gillie revealed a huge secret tonight and like an idiot, Sam shut her up instead of listening and putting 2+2 together.

yes, but I'm still not sure what Raegar's annulment really means in the end? He fathered some kids like Jon Snow, that we know of--annulment is just an annulment; blood is what maters and we already know where all that blood flows, right? It seems to me that the secret marriage was to Ned's sister? (I always thought it was mutual between them, no? and that the Ned/Robert story was that she was kidnapped and raped?)

anyway...row row row your boat! lol--BOUT TIME that fucker found his way off the boat.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wonder what Littlefinger planted for Arya.

He must be a ninja too if he can sense her.

All I could read was "....died of his wounds..." will watch again. I'm guessing the fake note said that Jon was killed, so Littlefinger hopes that Arya will use it to inform Sansa, and turn everything in Winterfell into a wee bit of chaos.

Too bad that Arya isn't an idiot...and then there is Bran who already knows what Littlefinger is plotting; then again maybe he doesn't care. I suspect that Bran, being some sort of demi-god is wholly concerned with the white walkers and while he recognizes the threat to the Stark family, he no longer identifies as a Stark, much less human, so it is all irrelevant (he's basically Dr Manhattan). I guess Arya/Sansa will have to convince him that such machinations do interfere with their ability to fight the walkers, and so is very relevant to his purpose.

Reactions: Zstream

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Gillie revealed a huge secret tonight and like an idiot, Sam shut her up instead of listening and putting 2+2 together.

To be fair, from his point of view all it would mean is that Jon Snow has a relative that married a Targaryen some time ago, he didn't have enough info to put it all together. Sam is on his to Winterfell, Sam Jr. has the book anyway, once they meet up with Bran they will put it all together.

I can forgive the writers/director for faking out Jamie's death but in this episode, they should have spent another 10 secs on showing Bronn pulling out Jamie to surface and them stealthily swimming away so they don't get captured. And I'm being very generous here, I'm letting slide how Daenerys just forgets the guy who tried to kill her and the other guy who pushed him into the water to save him.

Reactions: Dr. Zaus