Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 428 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 10, 2005
hhsGRsh.jpg

"what i lack in stature i make up for in brains and penis. which would you like first? the sampler, perhaps?"

It took me three times reading through that to realize you didn't say "prettier."

me too

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
OK, I talked to some vaginal americans about the situation with the rape, and I am forced to admit, publicly, that I was very wrong... so very very wrong. Like: Disgustingly wrong.

I'm glad I didn't serve on a Jury or something. JESUS.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
It's been awhile since we have had some complaints about book spoilers. :p

just because it isn't in the books, that doesn't necessarily mean its spoiling anything, the books are still ahead of the show...

for all we know the only thing that might be the same between the two when all is said and done is who is sitting on the Iron Throne.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
OK, I talked to some vaginal americans about the situation with the rape, and I am forced to admit, publicly, that I was very wrong... so very very wrong. Like: Disgustingly wrong.

I'm glad I didn't serve on a Jury or something. JESUS.

esplain.
wrong how?

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
esplain.
wrong how?

As a general statement it is both parties obligation to make sure that they talk through what is being consented to; particularly if its Bolton style sex. If you pull yourself off of a woman that started crying or otherwise indicating major discomfort for an extended period, it was a forcible sexual encounter.

So while it DOES take fighting or at-least objecting to make sex rape; that fighting/objecting can come from a woman in ways that are not direct-verbal/physical attempts to immediately stop the encounter. "NO, STOP" and :Fights to get away: are not the only ways women indicate they have removed consent.

Why? I have no fucking clue, I don't get women at all (obviously). But I am assured this is the case, and I don't think my female friends are fucking with me.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I wonder if we will get Dany, Tyrion, Friend zone action this week? It feels like a Winterfell, Jon Snow week.

Then again I would dearly like to see Cearsie decorating her new digs.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I rewatched an episode from season 1 the other day, and it truly is shocking how much the show has changed. Back then the plot was simpler, and you had much more character depth, you could feel the struggles they were going through, you wanted them to fight on and succeed.

What do we have now? A fight in the north between Stannis, Bolton, and Baelish, frankly I don't give a rat's ass about a single one of them. A fight in King's Landing between Cersei, the Tyrell's, and the High Sparrow, and again I don't give a rat's ass about any of the 3.

Daenerys is getting so bogged down in the details. Haven't a clue where this Dorne plot is going, frankly don't care.

I don't know, just ranting. Mostly just disappointed by how amazingly awesome the show used to be.

darrontrask

Nov 23, 2004
They seem to be rushing through this season and racing to get to the end. As a book reader everything seems to be truncated. Characters eliminated, merged or their stories just plain changed all in an effort, it seems, to get to the end.

Still a great show and I will continue to watch, but it could have been so much better.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
There was quite the symbolism at the end with the four walkers... on horses... at the top of a cliff. That's pretty much Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse imagery right there. Although, it seems like no one could agree who would get to be Death, so all of them decided to do it. :p

Honestly, I thought that end was just going to be discussions and not too much more, but holy crap. Although, I thought Jon's sword was just made from Valyrian steel, but I guess we're to assume that it also has obsidian (dragon glass) in it... or that they're also weak to Valyrian steel? That latter tidbit isn't the most helpful though given how rare it is.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Well Valaryian steel is from the same volcano as the dragons, so I guess that's why it's not the week shit normal steel is against the ice weapons.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
omfg. i almost had a panic attack. that was probably the best episode of the show ever.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Ser friendzone will use his angst to fight his way to the top of the iron throne. It fuels him. No one else in all of westeros has so much pent up friendzone angst. Just you wait and see!

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I paused it at 33 minutes because one of us was falling asleep. Then I thought"I'll just let it play until the end of the Night's Watch scene that has already started, rewind it to 33 minutes, and finish it in the morning."
That scene went on for another 30 minutes! The episode finished and we were still with the Night's Watch! Wow.