Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 168 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I wonder if I can get to book 4 by the next season. I don't have a lot of time, but so far I can manage 50 pages a day.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
You realize they're probably going to drag out next season so that Joffrey's wedding isn't until the finale, right? Ugh

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'm hearing a lot of people saying they're disappointed with this finale, but idk... where did you think it was going to go after the Red Wedding? there's no way they could really ramp things up; this finale felt more like an epilogue to set things up for the next season and close out some storylines.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
It's going to suck when they get around
and kill off Tywin
as he plays the role so well. :(

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Tywin is so awesome, basically gives the King a timeout and sends him to bed without his supper ;)

The conservation he had with Tyrion was brutal though, father of the year material!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
this had some great character scenes. I loved the Tywin/Tyrion scene.

Loved Arya kicking butt. I just really enjoy the dialog between good characters/actors. You can't have a top person die by murder every week. Also can't have a war every week.

You have to realize the show is not about good vs evil. It is about characters and the choices they make.

what?
i havent seen the episode but i assumed shey (Tyrion's girlfriend) was going to be murdered in this season finale.

the preview of season 3 months ago showed her being strangled to death.
so she lives?!

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
what?
i havent seen the episode but i assumed shey (Tyrion's girlfriend) was going to be murdered in this season finale.

so she lives?!

Well this happens after the wedding in the books.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
I'm hearing a lot of people saying they're disappointed with this finale, but idk... where did you think it was going to go after the Red Wedding? there's no way they could really ramp things up; this finale felt more like an epilogue to set things up for the next season and close out some storylines.

Yeah it's nearly impossible to top the drama of the Red Wedding. Although I'm glad they incorporated the Wolf King scene in the aftermath...I have an ear worm in my brain chanting "The King in the North! The King in the North! Here comes the King in the North!"

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
what?

so she lives?!

yes
in the books she does not die untill after joffs wedding which will ne next season

the wedding will be in the first 4 eps. ep 9 will be tyrion killing her and tywin

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
You realize they're probably going to drag out next season so that Joffrey's wedding isn't until the finale, right? Ugh

I'm betting they start the season off with this but we shall see.

This or
the attack on Castle Black

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Yeah, the finale kinda sucked, there were some great scenes with Arya/The Hound and Joffre/His Family though.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Season 2 finale was nothing special. Since I knew the red wedding was episode 9 this season, I didnt expect this one to be anything special either.

Though I havent seen it yet.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Season 2 finale was nothing special. Since I knew the red wedding was episode 9 this season, I didnt expect this one to be anything special either.

Though I havent seen it yet.

Nor was S1's. The finales are really just the way for the show to wrap up the major storyline's from the season and set things up for the next one. They don't drop huge cliffhangers on us and make you wait until the next season to resolve.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
Also, I'm confused....
I thought Theonne's 'father' was the one that had him captured, because he didn't follow orders? Why are they sending his dick in a box to his 'father' with the threatening note?

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Someone has to have a mash-up / overdub of the "dick in a box" song with that scene from last night...

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Also, I'm confused....
I thought Theonne's 'father' was the one that had him captured, because he didn't follow orders? Why are they sending his dick in a box to his 'father' with the threatening note?

Where did you get that idea?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Also, I'm confused....

You confused people
Theon was captured by Roose Boltons bastard (ramsey). it was flat out said this episode.

note was sent to get the Greyjoys to get them to remove their army from the lands they captured.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Also, I'm confused....

That is not a spoiler.