Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 151 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
alright, so now I want to read the damn books! Is Game of Thrones on Kindle? Gonna search right now..

I can say the reading the Red Wedding was one of the most traumatic experiences reading books in the last decade at least! Really stuck with me. The show did a decent job of showing it too.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
Tried to watch it on HBO Go but wow is their video player and site a POS. I have a good 50Mbps connection and it kept pausing every few minutes and switching between quality levels, was extremely frustrating.

Anyway, the way they were dragging out the wedding and feast I was starting to wonder if they'd delay the conclusion of that until the next episode.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
Tried to watch it on HBO Go but wow is their video player and site a POS. I have a good 50Mbps connection and it kept pausing every few minutes and switching between quality levels, was extremely frustrating.

Anyway, the way they were dragging out the wedding and feast I was starting to wonder if they'd delay the conclusion of that until the next episode.

I've only been watching on HBO Go this season, all nine episodes so far. Someone asked earlier how soon they're on HBO Go, it seems to be about 10-15m after the start time before you can watch it.

Anyways, I'm on a 50Mb connections and haven't had a single issue with HBO Go this season. I set my SAB box to throttle at 30Mb and even when it's downloading stuff, HBO Go streams nice and fine. I might start looking at something besides the service.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
For those that are fans of the show but never read the books, I'm not sure if I envy or pity them. Even knowing what was coming, this was still a breath-taking episode.

I recall the producers saying the Red Wedding was one of the main motivations to adapt the series for TV.

Mar 16, 2005
79746092f6044d0ce580b4f9eb2cd2f2.jpeg

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
With the Stark family pretty much gone, at least the remaining groups will get more airtime, only have to split an hour 4 or 5 ways instead of 5 or 6 :awe:

Worst part of the whole episode was when the dire wolf was shot, and you see him laying there. At least they didn't show all the things they do to him like in the book :'(

It's Not Lupus

Aug 19, 2012
I haven't read the books, but years ago I had an old roommate tell me
a lot of the main characters end up dying, characters you didn't expect to. So I watch the series wondering when a character's time is up.

Knowing that
this episode was still definitely a shocker. Wow.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
They're some very vile creatures in this story. So much for the good conquering evil bit. Almost makes me thankful to be growing up in this time and age. They set you up, make the characters so lovable, and then shove them up my ass with a red poker at the end of the "Red Wedding" so far enough I cry from the pain. The only thing that this episode needed was bill and ted to drop in a telephone booth to do the air guitar and the giant fing nuke bomb in Terminator 2.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Hahaha, that was awesome. As others said though, they really should have had Greatjohn Umber go on his rampage to make the episode more epic.

Pretty amazing way to eliminate an entire age group from your viewership. I'd imagine they are about to take a pretty big hit in the 17-24 Female demographic lololol. Just wait it gets better!

Last edited:

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Hahaha, that was awesome. As others said though, they really should have had Greatjohn Umber go on his rampage to make the episode more epic.

Pretty amazing way to eliminate an entire age group from your viewership. I'd imagine they are about to take a pretty big hit in the 17-24 Female demographic lololol. Just wait it gets better!

They still have John Snow and the Fabio lookalike in charge of the Second Sons for Danaerys.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I am kinda sad we didn't get to see more of the bedding event on the side of the bride. ;)

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I was making fun of the "bedding ceremony" because George RR Martin totally invented it out of thin air I imagine.