Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 150 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Holy Shite. WOW.

I haven't felt that shocked since the last ep of Season 1. WOW.

Why do they even need a finale?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
The no music in the credits was perfect. These guys know how to let the shock pang through.

Fvcking awesome acting by Catelyn Stark. She was nothing but annoying for 3 years. What a heartbreaking performance.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
As I don't have HBO, I'm guessing this was the red wedding?

Yes, everyone killed.. no one left now.. hardly

I am not sure what the writers are thinking honestly. They just took out some pretty integral characters to their show.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011

I am not sure what the writers are thinking honestly. They just took out some pretty integral characters to their show.

TV writers? Isn't what happened tonight true to the book?

It's refreshing at least- in the midst of predictable plots of all TV shows.

Book people don't spoil! That being said, I'm really curious what happens from now on. The Stark family is over. The war is actually pretty much over. Bran is too young, Jon Snow is a bastard son, and Sansa is a helpless puppet.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

Despite their willingness to change the story in minor ways the writers are sticking close to the books in regards to tonight's episode.

It was what George R.R. Martin intended, and he wrote the chapter dealing with the "Red Wedding" last when writing the book, (A Storm of Swords), that seasons 3 and 4 are based on.

I guess some fan-girls
who are into a certain actor will be upset that he won't be in any further episodes, but... the story overall is better for it so far... if you have read the books

Last edited:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Time to get the fvck out of this thread so I don't spoil anything. See you in a week.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
TV writers? Isn't what happened tonight true to the book?

It's refreshing at least- in the midst of predictable plots of all TV shows.

Book people don't spoil! That being said, I'm really curious what happens from now on. The Stark family is over. The war is actually pretty much over. Bran is too young, Jon Snow is a bastard son, and Sansa is a helpless puppet.

I haven't read the books, I guess I should now..lol

kstu

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2004
When did roose bolton come in to the picture? And are we supposed to know why he turned on the starks?

Drekce

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2000
Having read the books I knew full well what was going to happen, but man, that was hard to watch.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
The episode was just perfect. After the disappointment I had with the Battle of Blackwater, the way they did this was just... Perfect.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Roose in the show has never been nearly sinister enough. He looks and acts nothing like the Roose of the books, who is an absolutely creepy freak.

I wont yet comment on things they added to the scene, but i was kinda bummed i didnt get to see the greatjohn go berserk.

Last edited:

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
alright, so now I want to read the damn books! Is Game of Thrones on Kindle? Gonna search right now..

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
alright, so now I want to read the damn books! Is Game of Thrones on Kindle? Gonna search right now..

Resist the urge to buy the bundle. Buy them individually. If you buy the bundle then you get one huge eBook that has everything in it.