Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 149 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
You'll want to watch tonight's episode when it comes on. If you have to delay seeing it, avoid the internet until you do.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
charlotte hope

faa960411cb8a841414b3409194664ef.jpeg

See she does look underage.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Just saw an ad for subscribing to HBO... Season finale already? Damn. Now that I'm two seasons behind, might be time to get that Blu-ray.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
You'll want to watch tonight's episode when it comes on. If you have to delay seeing it, avoid the internet until you do.

Been trying to tell my friends this. Especially the ones who have complained about how slow this season is.

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006

I haven't read the books. I got to clicking around to much on that Westeros wiki site and accidentally read a spoiler about the red wedding, so I sort of know whats going to happen. I stopped reading when I realized what I had done, but partially knowing what should go down, I'm pretty excited for tonight.

I think Mad Men is almost time too and that started within a week or two, if I recall correctly.

I just looked it up June 23, which is when Veep ends to. I'll have to move on to watching Dexter, and wait impatiently for Breaking Bad.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Yeah, maybe King's blood doesn't really mean anything, but that's simply the R'hollorian ritual. Who knows? Obviously magic exists, some of it mixed up with religion(s), but perhaps the two don't necessarily depend on one another?

But yeah, in a world with dragons, zombies and stabbing shadow babies, it doesn't imply a plot hole in any case.
Blood of Targaryens through all the marriages between houses. Always comes back to dragons.

Last edited:

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Blood of Targaryens through all the marriages between houses. Always comes back to dragons.

I can't recall if they make it clear / reveal in the show that Robert's grandmother is a Targ... anyone remember?

It's kind of the key point as to why Robert is made king after Aerys II is slain - best claim to the throne between him, Ned, and Jon (Arryn).

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I can't recall if they make it clear / reveal in the show that Robert's grandmother is a Targ... anyone remember?

It's kind of the key point as to why Robert is made king after Aerys II is slain - best claim to the throne between him, Ned, and Jon (Arryn).
Use the damn spoiler tags.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Use the damn spoiler tags.

huh? why was that spoiler worthy?

and if king roberts was part Tarq and immune to fire like Mom of dragons is, then the red lady can use mom of dragons blood too for her magic??

i accept that theory better as to why king roberts bloodline is needed vs the dumb "power of kings blood" explanaTION.

Last edited:

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Because none of that is in the show.

According to the wiki, this was mentioned in the first season, so no spoilers. And in the books, it was revealed so early that if they hadn't mentioned it in the show, they never would have.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Which wiki? westeros.org is a wiki on the books. As far as I know that has never been brought up in the show and I have seen each episode at least 3 times. Perhaps I'm wrong?

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Havent seen it. But my buddy said it was nuts. We both knew what was going to happen by the title since we both read the books.