Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paladin

Oct 22, 2001
I loved the ending with the Dragons. I just can't believe we have to wait another 9+ months for this to start again?! Don't understand their delay. It's a bad idea IMO, they need to capitalize on the success by keeping it going.

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
No, it's just one hour.

Thanks.

Can't wait till next season when Eddard Stark comes back alive as a wolf-wight. Also, I always thought it was weird in the book when Cersei found out she was actually related to that whatever her name is platinum haired chick from across the sea. Wonder if they will keep that lesbian scene in there.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I loved the ending with the Dragons. I just can't believe we have to wait another 9+ months for this to start again?! Don't understand their delay. It's a bad idea IMO, they need to capitalize on the success by keeping it going.

They need to film it first :D.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Doesn't matter how big a hit this is.. True Blood still eclipses it in watchers.

It keeps people coming back and keeping their HBO subs alive for years..

That being said amazing series and amazing finale!
Loved the baby dragons I kinda saw that coming though!

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
They need to film it first :D.

Yeah this show is fantasy on par with nothing else in creation. Yeah there is not a lot of special effects besides blood, but the amount of detail they put into every scene costume wise, is amazing. I just wonder how they will deal with the dire wolves, now that they should be bigger than regular dogs.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Can't wait till next season when Eddard Stark comes back alive as a wolf-wight. Also, I always thought it was weird in the book when Cersei found out she was actually related to that whatever her name is platinum haired chick from across the sea. Wonder if they will keep that lesbian scene in there.

Did you put book spoilers without tags? (I added the tags in the quote)

Thanks because I read them without realizing it until it was too late :mad:.

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

HBO is hoping that by leaving huge gaping holes between seasons, that will leave enough time for that fat fuck GRRM to finish the series. yeah, right...

Did you put book spoilers without tags? (I added the tags in the quote)

Thanks because I read them without realizing it until it was too late :mad:.
he's just pulling shit out of his ass. it was mildly amusing when people did it at the beginning of the thread.

Last edited:

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

I agree. However I think they are stretching things out to give a chance for the author of the books to finish the series.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
My thoughts/questions about Daenerys..

So we know her brother Viserys was killed by Drago, basically by burning him to death with melted gold. Since they were brother and sister wouldn't it be not much of a reach to say he should have survived too? I think she even makes mention of this while it's going on. Did something happen to Daenerys during the witch doctor ritual with that woman that caused her to survive her burning?

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
My thoughts/questions about Daenerys..

So we know her brother Viserys was killed by Drago, basically by burning him to death with melted gold. Since they were brother and sister wouldn't it be not much of a reach to say he should have survived too? I think she even makes mention of this while it's going on. Did something happen to Daenerys during the witch doctor ritual with that woman that caused her to survive her burning?

We already saw her being immune to fire in a prior episode when she took the super-hot egg out of the fire and it didn't burn her when it should have. There were also multiple references to the notion that Viserys was not the dragon. I guess he didn't get the Dragon allele like his sister. The seed is not as strong...

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
We already saw her being immune to fire in a prior episode when she took the super-hot egg out of the fire and it didn't burn her when it should have. There were also multiple references to the notion that Viserys was not the dragon. I guess he didn't get the Dragon allele like his sister. The seed is not as strong...

why is this old old crap a spoiler...

and before that in the very first episode when she got in the scalding hot bath without being burned.

her brother was a poser.. she got the genes not him.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Err, you think he's just such an incredible badass that he's still alive after (ep10 spoiler only):
being both smothered and burned to a crisp?

don't forget the fact that he had basically already died and was brought back to life in a vegetative/brain-dead state

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
geez cant please everyone....

Well you have to admit every episode prior was pretty damn good and I was expecting epic finale. But then again if the writers had to follow the book not much you could do.

Axon

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2003
Well you have to admit every episode prior was pretty damn good and I was expecting epic finale. But then again if the writers had to follow the book not much you could do.

I suppose not knowing what happens next, you could find the ending unsatisfactory. It wasn't a great episode for plot resolution, but it was extremely well done.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I thought the finale was just fine. It leaves you wondering what happens next in pretty much ever plot line. Not sure what else they could have done instead...

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Err, you think he's just such an incredible badass that he's still alive after (ep10 spoiler only):
being both smothered and burned to a crisp?

He is Ronon Dex and he will have a Wraith bring him back alive like in the tv show. ;)