Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Rickon isn't missing, he's just gotten almost no screen time. He was shown very briefly in the first episode and has been talked about since then (i.e. Rob telling Catelyn "Rickon needs you"). He doesn't play much part in the story so it's understandable that they aren't spending time on him.

Yeah and even if he did...the kid is 3-4 years old. Not necessarily going to produce the most deep thoughts.

The disadvantage with child actors is that for this kind of story, you can't really go in depth; the less time spent on them the better

BrownShoes

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2008
Untitled-49.png

Bitches better give me my crown!

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I have to admit I never expected to be discussing gay blowjobs in this thread. :hmm:

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Fun episode. Gay blowjobs, and how about the 7 year old kid breast feeding! What kind of parent lets their child do that? Reminds me of the movie Bruno where he keeps asking the parents to make their children do more and more ridiculous shit.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I don't even remember hinting, but then again I haven't read book 4 yet.

I know some people missed it but it wasn't really that subtle in the books. It wouldn't have ever been appropriate for a scene like that in the books though but only because there is no Renly or Loras POV chapters. So it is talked about in pretty strong hints.

SOS Spoiler
jaimie saying to loras "
"Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I?ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found."
--SoS, pg. 698

Last edited:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Yeah, that's pissing me off. Her eyes are permanently set to squint.

I really don't get how people don't understand her. She's not some spirited hawt chick looking to fuck...she's a broke down queen that knows her outcry will just get her killed.

Add that to her incestual and power hunger into a family that's failing and you'd understand how she's about to come undone.

I was surprised looking back at her first talk with the future king she didn't just hurl him out a window.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I love Lena Headey but Lena as Cersei Lannister has one expression: constipated.

Well, I haven't read the books but I like her character

The only thing that bothered me was the straight razor shaving scene. Not because of the gay but because I have a horrible aversion to straight razors. I am convinced those things kill 1 out of every 2 people that use them

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Fun episode. Gay blowjobs, and how about the 7 year old kid breast feeding! What kind of parent lets their child do that? Reminds me of the movie Bruno where he keeps asking the parents to make their children do more and more ridiculous shit.

That was straight out of the book, and Lysa is pretty much a nutjob. She was supposed to be fatter, but I still think their casting will work well for the character.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I really don't get how people don't understand her. She's not some spirited hawt chick looking to fuck...she's a broke down queen that knows her outcry will just get her killed.

Add that to her incestual and power hunger into a family that's failing and you'd understand how she's about to come undone.

I was surprised looking back at her first talk with the future king she didn't just hurl him out a window.

awwwww shit. Did I just agree with Alky?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I'm relieved that the argument over the casting of The Mountain has stopped. I firmly believe that guy could've picked Loras up with one arm and thrown him into the stands. And cutting the head off that horse = awesome. Glad HBO is doing this instead of a network so they can leave all the cool stuff in.

Somehow I'd pictured the external appearance of The Aerie as different in my head. Looks cool though, and all the internal features are perfect (especially the cells, although I wish they'd emphasized how the floor's slightly tilted).

And I wonder if that kid was chowing down on Lysa for real or if it was prosthetic? The kid looks about the age where having to go to work and do that would be the coolest thing ever. :thumbsup:

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Please tell me Ned Stark doesn't get killed by Jamie... Actually DON'T tell me either way, I just like Ned which probably means he's going to get killed :(

I'm actually a little confused on who the "main" characters are, the ones I can sort of depend on NOT getting killed, or is this not that type of story? I feel like ANYONE can get killed at any time watching this.

theshad

Apr 15, 2008
Please tell me Ned Stark doesn't get killed by Jamie... Actually DON'T tell me either way, I just like Ned which probably means he's going to get killed :(

I'm actually a little confused on who the "main" characters are, the ones I can sort of depend on NOT getting killed, or is this not that type of story? I feel like ANYONE can get killed at any time watching this.

Anyone can get killed at any time. The series will have main characters change constantly.