G20 don't want to even touch Bush...literally

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It looks like they did shake his hand...

Politicians are smart. There is no reason to make enemies if you don't have to. It's not like this guy is Hitler. Shaking hands with him is not going to make waves. Dissing him would and might just look petty.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: Corbett
I nominate this thread for ownage of the year and I nomniate Jonks and Robor as political hacks of the year.

1. You are nominating someone for hack of the year? Jesus Christ that amusing. Is your head weary from wearing the crown for the last two years?

Yes, for starting a thread like this, you have been nominated. You're one of the few who would blindly post something from huffingtonpost without second-guessing it, just as you did in this thread.

2. I already conceded the point (something I don't recall ever seeing you do, you generally just disappear from the thread when owned i.e Michelle Obama lobster & caviar story)

Show the the thread I started about michelle Obama having lobster and caviar. Oh, thats right, I didnt. I mentioned it in a random troll thread about Palin and it turned out to be false. MUCH different than your starting a thread over it to try to make a case that is based on false information. And if I didnt concede I was wrong with that, then I do now. But feel free to prove your case by posting links to other threads I have run from when wrong. You wont find many.

3. Make up your mind. I was so proud of your praise I printed this out for my fridge:

Originally posted by: !@#$%^&*(
Clinton won two large Electoral College victories.

Bush won two narrow Electoral College victories.

Obama won one large Electoral College victory.

I think it's safe to say Americans decided to 'dabble' with giving the GOP the White House, giving Bush two slim victories, but are comfortable giving Democrats DECISIVE victories.

Dude, come on. The Reps held the white house for 12 years before Clinton, and that after divesting the dems of a 4 year incumbent in Carter. Bush 41 won 40 states and 426 EV. And Reagan swept the entire country except Minnesota with 525 EV in 1984, and in 1980 he won 489 EV and 44 states. Clinton's and Obama's victory margins look like nail biters compared to that.

:thumbsup: For not drinking the Kool-Aid that !@#$%^&* seems to have taken a bath in!

Thats pretty pathetic when you print out a thread on the internet and hang it on your fridge. You really should get out more.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
CNN updated its story and the so-called "snub" is untrue. Bush had already met all of the leaders earlier in the day, some of them twice whereas many of the other leaders were meeting each other for the first time.

So sorry, all you Bush haters. He is not as unpopular as you all think on the world stage.

moks78

Lifer
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: dphantom
CNN updated its story and the so-called "snub" is untrue. Bush had already met all of the leaders earlier in the day, some of them twice whereas many of the other leaders were meeting each other for the first time.

So sorry, all you Bush haters. He is not as unpopular as you all think on the world stage.

CNN report...Oops! Bush Wasn't Snubbed at the G20 After All.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

I suggest you google "bush worldwide approval ratings" and get back to "you all". I had so many links to choose from that refutes your comment that I thought it best if you went to go look for yourself.;)

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: tweaker2

I suggest you google "bush worldwide approval ratings" and get back to "you all". I had so many links to choose from that refutes your comment that I thought it best if you went to go look for yourself.;)

I am more concerned with how our President is viewed by other world leaders especially G8. Could care less about the people's view of him.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: moks78

Ha. Not a great fan of Bush, but this thread was doomed from the start.

I never understood why, when you have 8 years of legitimate criticism - huge blunders, mistakes, and outright poor decision making - why people want to hand their hats on an unfounded, completely non-issue.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
All these replies and no one posted what I believe to be the real reason.
As stated Bush did shake hands with everyone earlier. There is a protocol, for the Queen of England for example, that states once you have shaken hands with the head of state you do NOT shake their hand again on a receiving line.
I wonder if Bush was applying that bit of diplomatic etiquette?
btw watch The Monarchy on PBS, the episode the Monarchy at Work and you will see an example.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

So will the CNN hack anchor Rick Sanchez apologize for being completely wrong? I hope so.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005

So will the CNN hack anchor Rick Sanchez apologize for being completely wrong? I hope so.

If they put it on the teleprompter, he will read it too.

I hope you realize he's not hurridely compiling reports during commercial breaks.