Fury XT and Pro prices

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I wish they'd release some reviews already. Gaming at 1440p means I need to upgrade frequently to maintain 60 fps. I want to see:
- Performance relative to 290X
- How well it fits into various cases with the radiator
- If we get a DL-DVI adapter in the box
- Price

garagisti

Aug 7, 2007
That is a bummer indeed. For what it is worth though, neither Nvidia's 9xx series/ Titan X or AMD's Fury are compliant with HDCP 2.2. Which means no UHD disc playback. Oh well, waiting for Nano now. Hopefully they will sort HDMI 2.0 on that. Otherwise it will just plain suck that you can't have UHD disc playback. I use my computer for media playback purposes like most here, and this time it seems, both AMD and Nvidia seemingly have dropped the ball. Then again, hard to blame either of them. Them sodding muppets at the UHD group only sorted the standard last month or so.

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
Want to get angry? Just live in Brazil and like AMD.

390X $429 = R$2550
http://www.kabum.com.br/produto/648...9-390x-gaming-8g-ddr5-512-bit-pci-express-3-0

980 $535 = r$2800
http://www.kabum.com.br/produto/594...r5-256-bits-4k-ready-pci-e-3-0-04g-p4-2983-kr

Impossible to buy AMD here in these stores.

I sold my 980sc acx2.0 on mercadolivre last week for 2k reais. Will buy ti hybrid or fury x on my next visit to US next month. Look for them on ML after six months when newer cards are available :|

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
Real is weak (1R$ ~ $0,33) and we have 60% tax for import.

But a 390X shouldn't cost anywhere near a 980.

60%? I think its 90-108%, my ps4 was charged 110% while my ssds were charged 90%. I routed my 980 through india, paid all the taxes and still got it for $687. In Brazil they are still sold for 800+..

Anyways coming back to fury x, any of the sites have pre-order running? 980ti hybrid is like a double rainbow these days. By the time I reach payment screen they are sold out...

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
60%? I think its 90-108%, my ps4 was charged 110% while my ssds were charged 90%. I routed my 980 through india, paid all the taxes and still got it for $687. In Brazil they are still sold for 800+..

Anyways coming back to fury x, any of the sites have pre-order running? 980ti hybrid is like a double rainbow these days. By the time I reach payment screen they are sold out...
Ouch. Is that because they are considered luxury goods, because the government is trying to force/entice companies to build factories in Brazil, or simply how your government is funded?

Seems like that would be counterproductive to a degree, by reducing the amount of computer-literate Brazilians.

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010
so you have a VRAM limit problem and your solution is to buy another dual gpu card with the same amount of VRAM?

If you bothered to look properly at my signature you'd have seen I have 2 295x2s and no I wasn't intending to replace them with 4gb cards, I was hoping that the dual Fiji would have 16gb RAM but it's probably not going to. Thanks however for your sarcastic input.

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010
so you have a VRAM limit problem and your solution is to buy another dual gpu card with the same amount of VRAM?

If you bothered to look properly at my signature you'd have seen I have 2 295x2s and no I wasn't intending to replace them with 4gb cards, I was hoping that the dual Fiji would have 16gb RAM but it's probably not going to. Thanks however for your sarcastic input.

:colbert:

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010

:colbert:

:cool:

I thought it was well known Fury was going to be limited to 4gb on the HBM. Looks like you made a wise choice with 980ti SLI. Enjoy the cards!

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I don't like my 290X much... it's loud and runs hot. Looks like my next card will be one of these Furies. I'd much rather the X be shipped with a simpler water block though so I could just tie it into my existing loop.

I think I'll keep an eye on the vanilla Fury... I don't use 4k (yet) but I do use eyefinity and even though the 290X works well enough for that I still experience some slow downs here and there. Could be my CPU I suppose...

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I don't like my 290X much... it's loud and runs hot. Looks like my next card will be one of these Furies. I'd much rather the X be shipped with a simpler water block though so I could just tie it into my existing loop.

I think I'll keep an eye on the vanilla Fury... I don't use 4k (yet) but I do use eyefinity and even though the 290X works well enough for that I still experience some slow downs here and there. Could be my CPU I suppose...
Loud, hot 290X but you have an existing loop? For what, that FX-6350? You're doing it wrong.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Any suggestions then? My CPU is the 8350 too I just never changed the sig. I don't typically like to water cool my graphics since I swap cards often, and having just the CPU in the loop keeps the liquid cool

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Any suggestions then? My CPU is the 8350 too I just never changed the sig. I don't typically like to water cool my graphics since I swap cards often, and having just the CPU in the loop keeps the liquid cool
I don't see the point of upgrading your graphics card often when you still have that cpu. That's definitely a bottleneck.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I can see my CPU being a bottleneck if I chose to run crossfire again (which I wont) but a single 290X is working just fine with the 8350. I can't say how a fury would fair but depends on what I use the card for.

Headfoot

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2008
That CPU will bottleneck you today, with a 290 (much less a Fury) in anything CPU intensive. GTA V, Arma, etc.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I can see my CPU being a bottleneck if I chose to run crossfire again (which I wont) but a single 290X is working just fine with the 8350. I can't say how a fury would fair but depends on what I use the card for.
If you look at just about any recent CPU benchmarks, AMD CPUs just don't cut it. Yes, they're "good enough", but not when you're pairing them with high end cards.

Also, if there's anything you should take the time to properly cool, its absolutely GPU over CPU. What are you talking about, keeping the coolant cool? I'm not sure I've ever heard that being a concern, if you put together a proper loop.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Funny, whenever I run games I never see 100% CPU utilization, it's always around half. Just because I don't run the latest i7 in this particular machine doesn't mean i've got a bottleneck. As for the coolant, a loop is useless if all it does is circulate hot liquid. I understand that GPU's run hotter than most CPU's, especially when gaming, but it's just my preference not to integrate them.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Funny, whenever I run games I never see 100% CPU utilization, it's always around half. Just because I don't run the latest i7 in this particular machine doesn't mean i've got a bottleneck. As for the coolant, a loop is useless if all it does is circulate hot liquid. I understand that GPU's run hotter than most CPU's, especially when gaming, but it's just my preference not to integrate them.

That would be due to the games not using all the cores.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Like other posters mentioned games don't evenly load cores... So you won't see 100% cpu usage but you will see a core or two pegged at 100% with no more to be gained since amd CPUs have a joke of a single thread processing power compared to Intel CPUs.

But hey, you could look at benchmarks and see the i3 decimating your cpu in many benches or you could call us crazy and insist your fx processor doesn't bottleneck.

I just don't think it's worth it to hold onto an fx processor and game with high end gpus right now. Maybe windows 10 changes that but I'd spend my money on an Intel mobo+cpu then upgrade gpu later.