Fury XT and Pro prices

garagisti

Aug 7, 2007
Fury XT (WC): $649
Fury Pro: $549

Quite nice prices really, especially if you consider what you get for that money.

Source: AMD livestream.

Oh, confirmed that a dual Fury will be coming along too. Quite obvious really, as AMD have done this now forever.

Eymar

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2001
Yes with the CLC the Fury X, even if slower and less memory is competitively priced. Couple that with FS monitor prices, AMD is at a good competitive position price wise at the high end.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If these cards don't help AMD regain Marketshare, I don't know if anything will.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
If these cards don't help AMD regain Marketshare, I don't know if anything will.

I hope you're joking. Most of the cards are basically rebrands with more memory (how many people actually need 8GB?); that won't sell, and the 390/X pricing is RIDICULOUS considering you can get R9 290/X for $240-270 after rebate RIGHT NOW. $430 for a warmed over 290X with 8GB won't cut it.

Even with Fury I don't think anything changes. I'm expecting Fury X to be about the same performance level as 980 Ti and when both are max OC'd the 980 Ti may be faster.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012

Quite nice prices really, especially if you consider what you get for that money.

Oh, confirmed that a dual Fury will be coming along too. Quite obvious really, as AMD have done this now forever.

What is it you're getting for that money? Last I checked we still don't know the performance of Fury and everything below that is a rebrand.

garagisti

Aug 7, 2007
I hope you're joking. Most of the cards are basically rebrands with more memory (how many people actually need 8GB?); that won't sell, and the 390/X pricing is RIDICULOUS considering you can get R9 290/X for $240-270 after rebate RIGHT NOW. $430 for a warmed over 290X with 8GB won't cut it.

Even with Fury I don't think anything changes. I'm expecting Fury X to be about the same performance level as 980 Ti and when both are max OC'd the 980 Ti may be faster.

I think i read 390x to be $329 at PCGH. IIRC, that is cheaper than most 8gb 290X's, and that with higher clocks all around is a pretty solid deal. Do consider that at stock it is closer than ever to a stock 980. Not a bad buy at all really, especially considering prices for a 970 or a 980.

edit:
my bad it is 390 with 8gb, which is still not bad at all, considering 970 is what you could get from Nvidia for those prices.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-R...iji-Fury-R9-390X-Release-Preis-Daten-1154596/

Last edited:

Val_

Nov 24, 2012
Would it not be possible that these cards are not completely rebrands and that AMD managed to update them in a yet undisclosed way ?

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think i read 390x to be $329 at PCGH. IIRC, that is cheaper than most 8gb 290X's, and that with higher clocks all around is a pretty solid deal. Do consider that at stock it is closer than ever to a stock 980. Not a bad buy at all really, especially considering prices for a 970 or a 980.

You read wrong. 390X is $430 for what amounts to a slightly faster 290X with 8GB VRAM. That's insane when you can get a R9 290 for $240 after rebate today, unless you're planning to go multi-GPU 4K.

You keep comparing vs GTX 970 or 980 but why? Why not compare to R9 290 since the R9 39x series is almost a rebrand? The GTX 9xx series has better perf/watt and NV-only features that make it less of an apples to apples comparison.

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014
What is it you're getting for that money? Last I checked we still don't know the performance of Fury and everything below that is a rebrand.

They referred to Fury X as the world's fastest graphics card.

You don't make statements like that in public without something to back it up. Else it would be suicide. The AMD we saw today is nothing like we'd seen in past product presentations.

Reviews should back up their claims.

garagisti

Aug 7, 2007
Well, i thought a dev mentioned in one of his tweets/ fb post that one card was enough for 4k res. I can't for the life of me find that now.

______

for giggles:

By the way, as their marketing chap said, it has LED Radeon logo that lights up :D Industrial design that rivals anything else out there. I quite distinctly remember some forumers complaining about the quality of the finished product. Then there's quite handy LED tool telling you about card use, which is good as that is hardware, and sometimes software can be wonky.

garagisti

Aug 7, 2007
You read wrong. 390X is $430 for what amounts to a slightly faster 290X with 8GB VRAM. That's insane when you can get a R9 290 for $240 after rebate today, unless you're planning to go multi-GPU 4K.

You keep comparing vs GTX 970 or 980 but why? Why not compare to R9 290 since the R9 39x series is almost a rebrand? The GTX 9xx series has better perf/watt and NV-only features that make it less of an apples to apples comparison.

It is actually lower than a 8gb edition of 290x. Happy now? I did compare apples to apples now. Not a Fiji to a Granny Smith, but Granny Smith to another Granny Smith.

edit: I do agree that 290x is a compelling buy but 8gb edition are quite expensive.

edit 2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4202144&cm_re=290x_8gb-_-14-202-144-_-Product
Well, this is surprising. I quite distinctly remember prices hovering around $450.

Last edited:

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Yeah, I don't see today's announcement changing AMD's market share. I'm already seeing Gaf (hive of the joe PC gamer) slamming the 300 series, and I can't say I blame them.

To the people arguing against me in the other thread that 390X would be cheaper than GTX 970, I hope they like the taste of crow.

AMD basically alienated the <$450 market at this point. The only card that even sounded remotely useful was the $150 370.

$430 for a 390X - go home AMD, you're drunk.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012

You don't make statements like that in public without something to back it up. Else it would be suicide. The AMD we saw today is nothing like we'd seen in past product presentations.

But there isn't anything to back it up yet. It could mean anything. Fastest ram/gpu interface? Fastest compute? fastest at everything? Until reviews are out, we still have no idea what we are getting for our money.

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014
I'd like to believe they aren't stupid. We all know if you mean "Fastest" you mean performance.

If you don't you deserve to get burned and made fun of for years.

swilli89

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2010
Jesus, 3 posts in a thread about FURY XT and FURY PRO prices and Blastingcap is bringing up 390x rebrand.

Prices are super great. If performance lives up to what 4096 shaders and HBM should be able to deliver we have some killer deals here.

If vanilla Fiji isn't too cut down and the market settles to around $500 the 980 won't stand a chance.

Eymar

Golden Member
Aug 30, 2001

Hopefully, but in the slides the Dual Fiji was the one that had quote "Worlds Fastest Graphics Card" next to it (http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/AMD-Radeon-Fury-Series-Fiji-GPU-Cards.jpg) so expecting the Fury X to be around 980ti level performance.

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014
Ah, missed that. Thought they talked about 1x Fiji. Then it's all about how Fiji overclocks, to take on these 1300-1400Mhz 980Tis out there. They mentioned an overclocker's dream. We should wait for reviews.

Yet if the X card is priced at 650USD it should at the very least tie a stock 980Ti. Fiji pro should make the 980 irrelevant at 550USD.

Last edited:

Kuiva maa

May 1, 2014
Technically, as a "card" and not GPU as it is dual, the 295x2 is still the fastest. So a dual fiji fits in the same description.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005

That is pretty premature to say "what you get for the money" when you know zero how it performs.

If you go by what you get for money nvidia has better software that comes with cards.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
That is pretty premature to say "what you get for the money" when you know zero how it performs.

If you go by what you get for money nvidia has better software that comes with cards.

If you go by what you get for money, AMD delivers a vastly superior stock cooling solution.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
So, are the 390 and 390X significantly faster than the 290 & 290X? If not, I don't see how the 970 & 980 are anything but helped as the cheaper-per-FPS cards phase into the SOS with exciting new price tag cards, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the >$500 graphics card market pretty much one or two percent of sales at best?

I've got to buy something this fall and frankly, I'm not seeing anything nearly as compelling as the 970 - which kinda sucks for me as I've better luck with AMD cards. (Got two defective 275s in a row, and in dozens of cards I've only gotten one other defective graphics card, a $1,500 Wildcat I smoked in the late 80s.) I was hoping for a compelling AMD card under $350 street or, failing that, at least something that would drive down the price of the 970. Am I just missing it?

erunion

Jan 20, 2013

Not quite. Their slide said Dual Fiji would be the world's fastest card, and its not coming until Fall.

So don't expect Fury X to be the fastest card available.

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014
Already corrected myself a few posts above. Hadn't paid enough attention that they were talking about dual Fiji.

I'm confident Fiji in WC form at USD650 can put up a fight with the reference 980Ti or even beat it, if they decided to price it the same.