Full video in post #12: Two Canadian politicians to settle dispute with boxing match.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Those two guys really dislike each other and will now settle their differences mano a mano in a televised boxing match, the Thrilla on the Hilla, proceeds of which will go to charity. Ringside seats sold for $250, or $3000 for a table. The goal is to raise money for cancer research.

Conservative senator Brazeau is a former Special Ops with a black belt in karate but he concedes a 3" advantage to Liberal MP Trudeau in reach & height and this is a boxing match, not oldschool MMA free for all in the octogon.

Pretty sure not many US senators have arm sleeve tattoos. :hmm:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/08/justin-trudeau-boxing-sun-news_n_1331086.html

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2012/03/20120307-174840.html

Now when do we see Putin spar with Obama? :D

Last edited:

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I hope that Trudeau gets the shit kicked out of him, that smarmy little prick, he sucks off the tit of his dad's political legacy (and a shitty legacy at that too).

dennilfloss

Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Yeah, really shitty legacy:rolleyes: for the greatest Canadian Prime Minister ever: our constitution and charter of rights & freedoms, fighting the separatist movement tooth & nail, being decisive when dealing with terrorists during The October Crisis, booting the state out of the bedrooms of the nation, bilingualism, multiculturalism, increased Canadian nationalism, pride and presence on the diplomatic international stage, etc... He had his faults with regard to his preference in a command economy and maybe too Keynesian an approach to spending on the national scale but I would hardly consider his legacy shitty.

Last edited:

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Yeah, really shitty legacy:rolleyes: for the greatest Canadian Prime Minister ever: our constitution and charter of rights & freedoms, fighting the separatist movement tooth & nail, being decisive when dealing with terrorists during The October Crisis, booting the state out of the bedrooms of the nation, bilingualism, multiculturalism, increased Canadian nationalism, pride and presence on the diplomatic international stage, etc... He had his faults with regard to his preference in a command economy and maybe too Keynesian an approach to spending on the national scale but I would hardly consider his legacy shitty.

He loaded us up with debt that we're paying even today, and instilled a sense of entitlement to Quebec by capitulating to their demands.

He didn't fight separatism, he bribed it. He was charismatic, I'll give him that, too bad it was used as topical cream for a lot of the shitty moves he made.

dennilfloss

Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Capitulated to their demands? Are you even aware of what transpired during the night of long knives as they call it in Quebec? He outfoxed Lévesque and patriated the constitution in spite of the demands from that province. Before that he had outsmarted Bourassa during the Victoria constitutional conference in 71. It's a grudge they still harbour to this day. Mulroney on the other hand bent over backwards for Quebec on more than one occasion.

Yeah, Trudeau bribed the separatists... :rolleyes: He fought them so hard he alienated a generation of softer Quebec nationalists in the process (e.g. the Meech Lake Accords that almost passed).

Last edited:

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Just looked at the pictures...the former fighter has arms 3x the size of the other guy! No way the liberal guy wins!

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
3" is not going to make any difference between trained and untrained. I'll assume the other guy has some experience and is not just asking for a beating.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Yeesh, I hope this is a mock fight and not a real one - otherwise Trudeau's going to get knocked into the next century.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

Trudeau was very gracious in victory. Brazeau was a bit of a dick at the end. "He beat me, but he didn't get me down..."

Well yeah, cause they stopped the fight in the second round when you were getting your ass kicked...

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Wow, that is a surprise ending. As for Obama vs Putin...They would get into a ring and when Obama started to grovel before him, Putin would knock him silly.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
LOL, Candian special ops. What was his job, to clean out the treads on the tank? And that other guy looked way taller than only 3 inches taller.

dennilfloss

Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Trudeau was very gracious in victory. Brazeau was a bit of a dick at the end. "He beat me, but he didn't get me down..."

Well yeah, cause they stopped the fight in the second round when you were getting your ass kicked...

Thing is, in the weeks leading to the fight, Trudeau kept mentioning how this was a fund-raising event for cancer research and that this was what people should remember, not a bar brawl. On the other hand, Brazeau kept escalating the boxing bravado 'trash talk' and was mentioning in the end that he expected to stop Trudeau in the first round. Most right-wing Canadian media and also the bookies seemed to agree with him, that 'pretty boy silver-spoon kid' would get messed up and be lucky to escape without injury.

They've been training at the same club with the same trainers for the last 5 months.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/27/justin-trudeau-boxing-patrick-brazeau_n_1383171.html

Here are videos leading to the fight showing the different game plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CEImRJxK-9Y#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NQbRW_p1BvM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RD0O7T8GDsI#!

The weigh-in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M0e9D2rBN9w

In the end, since this was boxing with olympic rules and not a bar brawl, brains overcame brawn.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Brazeau came out too aggressive in the first, tiring himself out. The second round Trudeau's reach advantage gave him the ability to dominate the rest of the fight without too much effort.

It was a decent fight, although I never watch them anymore.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
The winner is the charity. I'd like to see some U.S. politicians willing to do the same thing for different charities. Kudos to Trudeau and Brazeau to be willing to do such a thing for a good cause.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Thing is, in the weeks leading to the fight, Trudeau kept mentioning how this was a fund-raising event for cancer research and that this was what people should remember, not a bar brawl. On the other hand, Brazeau kept escalating the boxing bravado 'trash talk' and was mentioning in the end that he expected to stop Trudeau in the first round. Most right-wing Canadian media and also the bookies seemed to agree with him, that 'pretty boy silver-spoon kid' would get messed up and be lucky to escape without injury.

A conservative acting like a complete dick? That's unheard of.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
LMAO, watched the fight, the liberal beat the ever loving shit out of the conservative, love it.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Wow they are a lot younger than I expected. I was expecting 50yr old guys.