Jason4115

Nov 27, 2016
this is my first time here but couldn't find answers anywhere from other sites. I have a 2015 Nissan Versa note that I installed 4 speakers into. I then went to Darells car audio to have a 4 channel amp installed for the speakers and a subwoofer with a seperate amp for that. My front left speaker will randomly crackle and when it does the sound consign out of that speaker will get louder as well. I tried swapping the speakers with another and it still crackles, even put the factory speaker back in with same results, I changed the speakers input on the amp so that the sound will come from the right side of the car but it still crackles on the left. I even unplugged the speaker from the amplifier's input so the speaker would give no sound but it still crackles. Also as a last note it will even crackle when the radio is turned off and the sound does not get louder if I rev the engine and so on. I took my car into darells 4 times already and they still haven't fixed it and I'm sick of driving an hour over there. Any way to fix it or atleast get my money back from them? I really just want them to rip the whole system out with a full refund.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Did you put new speaker wire in. Sounds like your speaker wire to that side might be touching a power source somewhere.

Jason4115

Nov 27, 2016
That's what they thought at first and replaced the speaker wire but no help, even put in new wire from the factory radio.?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Based on you hearing something without even having the radio on or the speaker, it might not be system related at all. If you seriously disconnected the wiring from the speaker and you still hear a noise, it's not coming from the system. You have something else loose rattling around that area, something either broke off and is running loose in the door panel/speaker grill or something else is loose and just rattling against something. Sounds like Darell needs to take a closer look at the installation and try to find a loose tab, or a broken piece of plastic somewhere in that door panel.

Jason4115

Nov 27, 2016
I just unplugged the cable that plugs into the amplifier that would give it power, that counts as disconnecting it from the system yes? If so I'll see if I can find anything that might have gone behind the door panel like or screw or something. The only other thing that I can say that would be helpful is that the system was fine for about 3 months after they installed it and it progressively got worse, and once they started working on it it's gotten to the point it's unbearable but it doesn't make sounds when the car is turned off.

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
Swap the speaker with one on the other side, does the noise follow?

Jason4115

Nov 27, 2016
I swapped the speakers and even put the factory speaker back in but the noise stays on the driver side. The shop swapped out the amp and wire and for now the fuzzing sound is gone but now the sound of music that comes out of that speaker is even more quieter than the other speakers than it was before. Like it's muffled