From the "it doesn't exist" Voter Fraud files

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Sounds more like a case of Voter Registration failure there. Not checking nationality and residency by local officials as required by law. Please explain how Voter ID would have keep these few from voting without excluding thousands of legal voters?

Please try to understand what I stated. Your question has zero to do with what I've stated as you are trying to combine different areas of the issue. I have never stated that voter ID would have prevented THIS kind of fraud, however it seems your types are purposely trying to obfuscate and turn a blind eye to a very real problem.
No one is kept from voting if they want to and legally qualify - PERIOD.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
The republicans are trying this voter ID crap in iOwa. One republican legislator could not get his way, so he tried to derail the process of law and institute his own rules that would have questioned and endangered over 3000 legally registered voters from voting.
All this in the last final hours before the election, naturally.
He was stopped in his tracks. Sometimes, the good guys still win.

Now as a backlash, republican majority lawmakers are passing laws that will require everyone renewing a driver license, to provide a birth certificate when renewing.
So if you're say 50 years old, a licensed driver all your life, living in the state all your life, and you want to renew that driver license, you will now need to provide a birth certificate.

Talk about creating a solution for a non existent problem....

Wrong, Schultz was doing his JOB. It's a court(whodda thunk) that has prevented him from doing his JOB.

You have zero facts to back up the claim it's not a problem - as there is ZERO way to know this trype of fraud is occurring without checking ID. Sweet Jesus are you people really that dumb to not realize this?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The republicans are trying this voter ID crap in iOwa. One republican legislator could not get his way, so he tried to derail the process of law and institute his own rules that would have questioned and endangered over 3000 legally registered voters from voting.
All this in the last final hours before the election, naturally.
He was stopped in his tracks. Sometimes, the good guys still win.

You mean like Obama did after he could not get the Dream Act passed?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, they're called FELONS

Actually, they're called ex-offenders. That's not universal, nor is it really fair & honest, either. It's actually pretty stupid. Only 12 states bar ex-offenders from voting-

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=286

Felons serving time vote absentee in Vermont & Maine, not exactly hotbeds of criminal activity...

Simply moving from one state to another can either restore or deny the right of ex-offenders voting, even 30 years after the crime. What a Country, huh?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wrong, Schultz was doing his JOB. It's a court(whodda thunk) that has prevented him from doing his JOB.

You have zero facts to back up the claim it's not a problem - as there is ZERO way to know this trype of fraud is occurring without checking ID. Sweet Jesus are you people really that dumb to not realize this?

Sweet Jesus- are you really that dishonest? Zero facts backing up the claim it's not a problem? Utterly dishonest. The burden of proof is on those demanding picture ID to vote, and so far they've come up with what are statistically insignificant footnotes to the whole process, even after a dedicated & zealous witch hunt during the Bush years.

In person voter fraud has not been shown to be a "problem" of any significance at all, certainly not one whose solution justifies any disenfranchisement of legit voters, which is, was, and always will be the true intent of Repub efforts.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Actually, they're called ex-offenders. That's not universal, nor is it really fair & honest, either. It's actually pretty stupid. Only 12 states bar ex-offenders from voting-

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=286

Felons serving time vote absentee in Vermont & Maine, not exactly hotbeds of criminal activity...

Simply moving from one state to another can either restore or deny the right of ex-offenders voting, even 30 years after the crime. What a Country, huh?

Really? Wow, time to lobby for new restrictions on criminals then.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You merely showed your desperation.

Flying in a commercial airliner & voting are unrelated activities....

Both require you to show photo ID to do them. You should be creating thread after thread about how horrible it is, screaming about how evil politicians want to destroy the US by requiring photo ID for basic things like travel.

You are not, because you are a dem shill.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Both require you to show photo ID to do them. You should be creating thread after thread about how horrible it is, screaming about how evil politicians want to destroy the US by requiring photo ID for basic things like travel.

You are not, because you are a dem shill.

So dishonest. Let's say that I do. How would that change the issues wrt current State authorized photo ID for voting?

It wouldn't.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The only dishonesty is you in your position. You are a partisan hack, so you do not care about maintaining logical consistency. If you maintained logical consistency, you would find you cannot support your current position...since you would realize it is idiotic to do so.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The only dishonesty is you in your position. You are a partisan hack, so you do not care about maintaining logical consistency. If you maintained logical consistency, you would find you cannot support your current position...since you would realize it is idiotic to do so.

That's supposed to have something resembling content rather than denial?

This conversation exists within the topic of the thread, "voter fraud" & the larger context of election fraud in general. You fail to show how that has anything to do with flying in a commercial airliner.

That, and other non-related stuff you keep dragging out in an attempt to conflate, create diversion & false equivalency are just that.

When it doesn't work, you're just left with mudslinging.

The "Conservative" position *is* logically consistent, but only in a dishonest way. Conservatives have opposed all efforts to expand the franchise throughout our history, and have even managed some roll-backs. It's entirely consistent with the "I don't want everybody to vote" stance of their leadership. Their own spokespeople have publically admitted that they think disenfranchisement will deliver Pennsylvania for Romney. They admit that in person voter fraud is so exceedingly rare as to be statistically insignificant, yet keep beating that drum as the reason for picture ID for voting.

If picture ID were such a great idea, an important & beneficial idea, why doesn't it have universal support? Why didn't we do it 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago?

Only because Repubs weren't as desperate to win, so afraid of the voters that they'd resort to whatever sleazy tricks they could manage. Because the share of the potential electorate their pitch mesmerizes is shrinking, so the answer is to simply disqualify as much of that unfriendly electorate as possible, at least temporarily.

They'll deny it, of course, as you do, but actions speak louder than words.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
If picture ID were such a great idea, an important & beneficial idea, why doesn't it have universal support? Why didn't we do it 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago?

Because liberals want to win the illegal immigrant vote. See the amount of pandering obama does to them.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Please try to understand what I stated. Your question has zero to do with what I've stated as you are trying to combine different areas of the issue. I have never stated that voter ID would have prevented THIS kind of fraud, however it seems your types are purposely trying to obfuscate and turn a blind eye to a very real problem.
No one is kept from voting if they want to and legally qualify - PERIOD.

I understand what you mean, you have taken ineligible people who mistakenly attempt to vote and compare them to criminal attempts to overthrow an election by falsifying votes.
In other words comparing apples to oranges to make your point and unable to see it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Because liberals want to win the illegal immigrant vote. See the amount of pandering obama does to them.

Nice conspiracy theory. What illegal alien vote? How is it statistically significant?

Illegals trying to vote is the lamest thing I ever heard of. I'm sure it's been done, but it runs counter to any sort of sense at all.

You make birthers look smart, btw.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

If you had any knowledge of science, you'd know that "proving a negative" is impossible. The burden of proof is on those who claim that voter ID fraud is a problem. And the state of Pennsylvania acknowledged that voter ID fraud is NOT a problem, nor is there any evidence that it will EVERY be a problem.

But go right ahead claiming that stopping a handful of fraudulent votes leads to more accurate elections than making it easy for people to vote.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Nice conspiracy theory. What illegal alien vote? How is it statistically significant?

Illegals trying to vote is the lamest thing I ever heard of. I'm sure it's been done, but it runs counter to any sort of sense at all.

You make birthers look smart, btw.

Every analyst in the world has declared the sons and daughters of illegals will take over America, probably within about 2 to 4 generations.

The children of Reagans illegals are old enough to vote now, have been for several years. It wasnt an accident Obama learned fluent latin spanish and gave several speeches to them in 2008.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
If you had any knowledge of science, you'd know that "proving a negative" is impossible. The burden of proof is on those who claim that voter ID fraud is a problem. And the state of Pennsylvania acknowledged that voter ID fraud is NOT a problem, nor is there any evidence that it will EVERY be a problem.

But go right ahead claiming that stopping a handful of fraudulent votes leads to more accurate elections than making it easy for people to vote.

Fortunately, the law requires those who want a law removed to show why it must be removed instead of those who want it to stay showing why it must stay. The burden is firmly on those who claim it must be removed.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Every analyst in the world has declared the sons and daughters of illegals will take over America, probably within about 2 to 4 generations.

The children of Reagans illegals are old enough to vote now, have been for several years. It wasnt an accident Obama learned fluent latin spanish and gave several speeches to them in 2008.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Heh. Persons born in this country are not illegals, they are citizens, regardless of their parentage. The Constitution is quite clear about that.

Your argument is bogus. If the idea that Americans can be brown offends your oh-so-tender sensibilities, you're not much of an American.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Heh. Persons born in this country are not illegals, they are citizens, regardless of their parentage. The Constitution is quite clear about that.

Your argument is bogus. If the idea that Americans can be brown offends your oh-so-tender sensibilities, you're not much of an American.

Your reading comprehension is yet again full of absolute fail. He said "sons and daughters of illegals", not illegals.

But go ahead and misrepresent what he said so you can make a bigger ass of yourself.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
If you don't support basic things to stop fraud and you support things like absentee ballots which promote fraud, you promote fraud. Ducky you. If you don't think purple finger ink is the least we could do at the moment, you're an asshole who is OK knowing people cheat the system. IMO absentee ballots need to go away too. Your reasons for them are terribad. PS I know foreign nationals ho vote, a few of them, but whatever that never happens because there are hardly any reports of it right? I know two Canadians and a Mexican that vote in every election here in LA county.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Hey, you called yourself a liar. If you want to do that, go for it. I hope it makes you happy when you do it. I am not here to judge you for doing so, though I will admit it surprised me.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
btw isn't it neat that two of you guys who spit so much hate in each others direction can come to agree about absentee ballots, I mean you guys think they are a good thing, I don't. So you guys are able to see eye to eye against opposition, me. Why not work that angle? I think you both want to support the continued fraud abuses of absentee ballots. What say you to those allegations? You cheaters you.