From the "it doesn't exist" Voter Fraud files

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I got yer voter fraud picture ID right here!

Bigfoot_ODL.jpg

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
Not saying that but every Republican knows who is behind these laws the kind of ID required disproportionately effect poor people students the elderly and minorities who vote mostly Democrat.

The 65 Voting Rights Act was about this very thing.

If the young and the elderly who vote democrat also can't figure out that the ID is free, well that's their own fault.

Besides, I would highly suspect that the elderly already have IDs because
1) they were younger and driving once
2) they have to have ID to get their meds, and we all know the majority of the elderly have meds

So this really only leaves the poor and young students, who again just simply need to go get an ID that doesn't cost them anything.

I still fail to see the "problem" with requiring an ID to vote.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
I do not even carry ID, it's safely buried in the couch or something for the past year or so. Why? My credit union knows me personally and I work/worked at the bars/clubs I hang at.

That's one of the things about driving, you give up so much personal freedom by having to be tracked and pulled over and taxed by cops just for just getting around.

hurrah for public transit in this case, one of the things MUNI is cool to have around for.

Last edited:

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
If the young and the elderly who vote democrat also can't figure out that the ID is free, well that's their own fault.

2) they have to have ID to get their meds, and we all know the majority of the elderly have meds

So this really only leaves the poor and young students, who again just simply need to go get an ID that doesn't cost them anything.

Ignoring all your incorrect assumptions, you fail to see the problem because you don't realize that there are people out there that don't live under the same circumstances that you do. Go outside your little world sometime and you might be shocked at what others day to day existence is like.

Nah, can't ignore it ... the ID isn't "free". You more often than not have to go some distance during a weekday during work hours to a dmv like facility. Lost pay, travel costs if you don't drive (obvious or they'd have a license) are > 0. Elderly that no longer drive most likely have expired licenses which aren't valid for voter ID. And only schedule II narcotics require ID. Now we're down to "just the poor and young students". Again, not "free". And unless this group somehow includes all of the non-driving population that uses mass transportation then you've left out some people.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Repeating that same dishonest argument over and over doesn't make it true. The ID is not always free. Even in those states where one can get the ID for free, the certified birth certificate required to get the ID is NOT free. Even in Pennsylvania, the one state that waives the birth certificate cost, there is still a transportation cost for the many who do not have friends who can drive them around for free. In short, "free" is a taking point, not a reality.

False. Perhaps you should read the other dozen threads again before your blunder in to repeat more disinformation. In case you haven't noticed, drivers licenses expire. That an elderly person once had a DL does not mean they still have a valid license.

Second, even more false. Where are you that you have to present a DL to get prescriptions? I certainly never have, nor has my wife. My retired and disabled mother, who let her license expire years ago, doesn't need a DL for her prescriptions. Try again.

As we've seen, that's because you are poorly informed about the reality of those who lack IDs. You've swallowed the talking points without ever checking to see how inaccurate they are.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I got yer voter fraud picture ID right here!

Bigfoot_ODL.jpg
No sir. He has his DL so he's good to vote. Republicans know that drivers licenses are infallible proof of identity.

But if Mr. Bigfoot is concerned, he can always cast an absentee ballot and avoid the whole photo ID scam, the gaping hole in their story that the suppression cheerleaders diligently ignore.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I do not even carry ID, it's safely buried in the couch or something for the past year or so. Why? My credit union knows me personally and I work/worked at the bars/clubs I hang at.

That's one of the things about driving, you give up so much personal freedom by having to be tracked and pulled over and taxed by cops just for just getting around.

hurrah for public transit in this case, one of the things MUNI is cool to have around for.

I can see why you are happy that other people pay the majority costs of your transportation.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Repeating that same dishonest argument over and over doesn't make it true. The ID is not always free. Even in those states where one can get the ID for free, the certified birth certificate required to get the ID is NOT free. Even in Pennsylvania, the one state that waives the birth certificate cost, there is still a transportation cost for the many who do not have friends who can drive them around for free. In short, "free" is a taking point, not a reality.

You have a point. The food you have to eat to be alive to get the Photo ID is also not free. Horrors upon horrors! Food must be free or else there is a poll tax!

Thus sayeth the libral mindset.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No sir. He has his DL so he's good to vote. Republicans know that drivers licenses are infallible proof of identity.

We both know that useing a fake ID is a crime, why do you pretend it is not?

But if Mr. Bigfoot is concerned, he can always cast an absentee ballot and avoid the whole photo ID scam, the gaping hole in their story that the suppression cheerleaders diligently ignore.

Why do you believe that if you cannot fix everyone problem in one fell swoop that none of them should be fixed at all?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
We both know that useing a fake ID is a crime, why do you pretend it is not?

Why do you believe that if you cannot fix everyone problem in one fell swoop that none of them should be fixed at all?
You're lying again. Neither of the beliefs you ascribe to me is truthful. You are yet again violating forum rules about willful misinformation.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

As this dishonest person just says nothing is ever free. "free is a talking point" good thing being dishonest is free on the internet isn't it Bow? Wait, I had to buy a computer and get online, so it isn't "free"

False. Perhaps you should read the other dozen threads again before your blunder in to repeat more disinformation. In case you haven't noticed, drivers licenses expire. That an elderly person once had a DL does not mean they still have a valid license.

Second, even more false. Where are you that you have to present a DL to get prescriptions? I certainly never have, nor has my wife. My retired and disabled mother, who let her license expire years ago, doesn't need a DL for her prescriptions. Try again.

False, I have to present an ID and/or SS numbers and other identifiers for some scripts. You may not have to, but to declare it to be totally false is bullshit.

As we've seen, that's because you are poorly informed about the reality of those who lack IDs. You've swallowed the talking points without ever checking to see how inaccurate they are.

You, just being your typical troll self.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
You have a point. The food you have to eat to be alive to get the Photo ID is also not free. Horrors upon horrors! Food must be free or else there is a poll tax!

Thus sayeth the libral mindset.
Thus sayeth the lying troll mindset. When you are too defective to address an argument honestly and accurately, spew random shit in the hopes that other forum idiots will be confused. I know your sort hates fact, but the fact is that obtaining a state-issued photo ID is largely NOT free, even in those states who claim to offer "free" IDs. That this complex idea is too hard for you to grasp is neither surprising nor interesting.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
I thought the general theme of voter fraud is that "in-person" (read: someone pretending to be someone else and voting in their stead) voter fraud is virtually nonexistent and the types of fraud that have been repeatedly brought up would not have been prevented by a state-issued voter-ID.

This sounds like a problem that is more due to registration.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Thus sayeth the lying troll Bowfinger mindset. When you are too defective to address an argument honestly and accurately, spew random shit in the hopes that other forum idiots will be confused. I know your sort hates fact, but the fact is that food is largely NOT free, even in those states who claim to offer "free" food. That this complex is too hard for you to grasp is neither surprising nor interesting.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Holy shit, Batman! Why, that's .0000002% of the votes cast in 2008!

It's a fucking emergency! Illegals voting everywhere, threatening the American way of life!

Let's use it as an excuse to disenfranchise a few million citizens who probably won't vote for our team, anyway! We can sell this! The chumps *will* go for it, bigtime!

Meanwhile Katherine Harris manages to erroneously identify more than 1000 voters in florida as felons and no conservative bats an eye because it helps them.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
As this dishonest person just says nothing is ever free. "free is a talking point" good thing being dishonest is free on the internet isn't it Bow? Wait, I had to buy a computer and get online, so it isn't "free"
WTF are you talking about? If there's a point in there that has anything to do with my comment, you've done an incompetent job of presenting it.

False, I have to present an ID and/or SS numbers and other identifiers for some scripts. You may not have to, but to declare it to be totally false is bullshit.
Hey, $#!+ for brains, I never said it was totally false. First, I said his unqualified claim that seniors must present ID for meds is false, and I presented contrary examples. I also asked where ID was required since it is not in my experience. I'm perfectly willing to accept it may be required in certain jurisdictions or at certain pharmacies. It is not a requirement everywhere, however.

You, just being your typical troll self.
Lulz. I'll accept that as a compliment coming from you. You've proven again and again that your definition of trolling is anyone who disagrees with you (with bonus points to those who've handed you your ass repeatedly).

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

You are simple and wrong. LOL Time you came down from your ivory tower and entered the real world.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
You are simple and wrong. LOL Time you came down from your ivory tower and entered the real world.

Time you stopped trying to blow smoke. The OP posted links showing more voter fraud, you don't like it, but that's the way it goes.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000

you turn off your critical thinking ability

hence, you do not see the problem

I love it how hypocritical the GOP is on this issue.

Big government in the bedroom
Big government in the ballot office

NO to big government on assault weapons
NO to big government on healthcare

so simple...

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Time you stopped trying to blow smoke. The OP posted links showing more voter fraud, you don't like it, but that's the way it goes.
Really? Who, exactly, doesn't "like it"? Which posts, exactly? The three of them broke the law, they should be prosecuted. I don't see anyone suggesting otherwise. Yes, those three are less than a drop in the bucket, and no, photo voter IDs wouldn't have stopped them since they were registered, but certainly they should be dealt with.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
............snipHey, $#!+ for brains, I never said it was totally false. First, I said his unqualified claim that seniors must present ID for meds is false, and I presented contrary examples. I also asked where ID was required since it is not in my experience. I'm perfectly willing to accept it may be required in certain jurisdictions or at certain pharmacies. It is not a requirement everywhere, however............snip

You said this:

You didn't say it was totally false, you just said it was false. You lying little troll weasel. This is why I rarely respond to you.
Like, after this.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Suffrage only matters if you are acknowledged. People against measures to make sure people don't cheat are silly. We could at the very fucking least do the purple finger ink to prevent multiple voting.