Friday the 13th

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I probably announced it on my radio show Wednesday afternoon before you found out. I was called by a listener, hipped to the news. I announced and then played "Ain't Superstitious" off Beck's "Truth" album.

SO.... what I'm reading here is that you KNEW but posted there anyway?

Brilliant. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm perplexed. Why did the black cat enter my building three hours after Captante's post? It must mean something.

You've forgotten your meds today? ;)

note-to-self

*(what I want to know is wtf happened to the forks and spoons eyes ?!?)

Jul 27, 2020
Yes, it means the cat is hungry. You should feed it.
I don't want to risk getting fined. I would be caught on security cam feeding a cat. Officially, it's about $125 fine for feeding stray animals. Don't know if anyone's been fined ever but I prefer not to find out. There's stuff people leave out for the cats behind buildings. It was reasonably fat, meaning it knows where to look for food. It came into the building coz Captante posted about a black cat. This is no coincidence. It's butterfly effect.

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
It came into the building coz Captante posted about a black cat. This is no coincidence. It's butterfly effect.

Apparently I'm far more powerful then even I realized! :p

I wouldn't be able to find anything illegal here (I don't mix with that crowd).

Be advised I was just kidding around and that may have gotten "lost in the translation" if that makes sense so apologies.

I no longer use illegal drugs myself (since weed is legal here) and have not for many years... I do take meds but only for physical issues related to blood pressure/sugar.

You may have posted where you are in the world but all I can recall is not in the US correct? (feel free to not say if you prefer!)

:)

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No discussion necessary. You only get half of what I win. IF I win. But I think we will win. I believe in you after the black cat experience.

You know that scene plays a whole lot differently now that I'm old (Big) myself .... what a thing to "wish" away.

:fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

Reactions: Pohemi

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
SO.... what I'm reading here is that you KNEW but posted there anyway?

Brilliant. ;)
Posted? I was on the radio, doing my regular Wednesday afternoon 3-6PM Pacific Time show and a guy calls me and tells me that Jeff Beck had just died and we talked about it a minute or two. He suggested playing something off of Truth and I did, my favorite song on it, after telling my audience the news on Beck.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante