Free Speech for all... except KKK

poop

Oct 21, 1999
The KKK is apparantly not allowed to rally.

The day after they announced a rally, the mayor changed the rule governing the waiting period for a permit. This made it impossible for the rally to occur on the desired date.

If this is not a case of infringing on 1st amendment rights, I don't know what is.

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ya its sh!t, even if you don't agree with them, (not saying I do), they schould still be allowed to gather as is their right.

schola

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Like we really need the KKK there.

Go take off your sheets off & join society, you whining bunch of losers.

Viper GTS

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am not saying that I beleive in what they are saying Viper but why schould they not have the right to gather just like every other person in the country can if the decied to .

Schola

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Oh no, the KKK was inconvinenced now they have to wait a couple weeks to burn crosses and torment minorites, how horrible :disgust:

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
If it's the city's perogative to change the process of applying for a permit let them. This isn't a free speech issue, they just can't have the rally inside the city without waiting 45 days. The city also rejected the people who were going have a rally at the same time against the kkk, seems like equal treatment to me.

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
really simple, of coure if they limit the kkk whats next? madd? of course i don't agree with the kkk belief's just a bunch of backwards scared as heck rednecks, but i ain't saying the judge was wrong, for kkk its ok, but others it would be wrong. yeah, I'm saying blah to equality.. if every one really believed in equality we wouldn't have bill gates, or nuthin like that, survival of the fittest, and the kkk aint the fittest right? right

Ultima200

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000

<< Go take off your sheets off &amp; join society, you whining bunch of losers. >>

Just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean they are losers. Posts like that just show what a sheep you are, agreeing with the majority that although there is free speech, it should be taken away withe people with different beliefs than you.

Go away you loser

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
If that is the case that they are deneying other groups the right to gather because of the change in the law then that fine, as long as it is applying to all other groups that are tyring to meet during the same timeframe. they just can't have the rally inside the city without waiting 45 days.

More: There have been other groups who's views have not always been in view witht the law and they were allowed to meet, so why not the KKK.

Schola

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
boo-fcuking-hoo...they're first amendment rights were violated. Tell that to all the people they've lynched in their pathetic history.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Gee, the KKK + a black rally. Somehow I doubt the two groups will be conversing about the superbowl and talking about how cold the weather has been.

It's called preventing a riot.

I also think the mayor did it for some publicity since the whole point of the ralley was his lack of commitments to the black population of the town.

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
If the KKK wanted to rally on the street in front of you house, and you had a choice to violate their first amendment rights, or let them rally, what would you do?

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
He's calling them losers, because they are. What kind of real men have to wear costumes to send their message anyways. The city is not denying them the right to rally, just saying they have to wait 45 days to get a permit. If the kkk is going to stand behind what they think is the truth they should at least have enough conviction to wait another 8 weeks.

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hey Wah, the first group that we say it is ok to suppress thier first admendments rights, makes it all the easier for someone else to make that excuse to supress some other groups first admendement rights, that they don't like.

Schola

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000

<< Just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean they are losers. Posts like that just show what a sheep you are, agreeing with the majority that although there is free speech, it should be taken away withe people with different beliefs than you. >>

1. Yes they are losers. (thats free speech too.)

2. with doesn't have an e.

3. correct grammer: it should be taken away from..

4. You are right. Rights shouldn't be taken away. Like your god given fvcking right to live in peace without prejudice and racism from bunch of losers who have nothing better to do, or cant get any, just mad at the world people. Shoot them all. Or leave them. Life will judge them later.

edit: added bolding.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000

<< Klan Imperial Wizard Jeff Berry, who founded the American Knights in 1995 >>

Ohhhhh, an imperial wizard, I bet anyone who goes by that title and wears a sheet over his head isn't a loser :p

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000

<< boo-fcuking-hoo...they're first amendment rights were violated. Tell that to all the people they've lynched in their pathetic history. >>

easier way of explaining it. Rock ON!!!

edit: are those sheets Martha Stewart??

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
So you consider them losers, as is your right. And they have the right to meet and say what they want. And people opposed to them also have that right to meet and bash the KKK verbally.

schola

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I'm not even touching their &quot;rights,&quot; I'm just saying that we aren't missing much by not having them there.

As for referring to them as losers, I think I can make that statement fairly accurately. The KKK uses their sheets for three purposes:

1) Create a formidable look.
2) Conceal identities.
3) Instill fear from #2.

People are afraid of them because they don't know who they are. It could be your neighbor, your boss, or even your sunday school teacher for all you know. Take away the sheets and they're nothing but a VERY small minority group of angry white males. They all need a thorough caning, if you ask me.

[EDIT]numerical error[/EDIT]

Viper GTS

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am not defending them, I am defending thier right to free speach and gathering, just as thier opponets have that right.

Schola

Ultima200

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
First, im not saying that I support the KKK. Second.... wow, bigbootydaddy, you went to school. Although I have to admit, your post really voiced your opinion well.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The law and constitution is written for everyone. All rights should apply to everyone equally, including the KKK. your saying that the KKK should not have the right to rally is like a clansman saying that one of the most irritating and racist people in the nation Jesse Jackson should not have the right to rally. And just because you don't agree with someone's views does not give you the right to supress their voice.