Fox News dominates CNN, MSNBC

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Can't help reading these comments and totally recognize the followups to my post is nothing but a pissing contest between you guys. Who can bad mouth, mock and criticize someone who doesn't look at a situation the way someone else does. Seems like everyone tries to out do fellow posters in making rude, immature comments. sad......

But on the other hand, I can get a laugh out of you guys and the way you post....when I get tired of it I will leave you all alone and let you stew in your own misery....I almost feel sorry for you....almost

--pulls out dick, pisses into the wind
--claims everyone else started the piss fight.

Reactions: esquared

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Come on, guys. Don't you all remember how Fox came into its own through all the love it generated and how much time it spent acknowledging the POSITIVE effects of Obama's administration?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Oh noes, I decided to watch basketball last night instead of Maddow! Sorry guys, MSNBC will continue to slide in the ratings!

(PS when I do listen to Maddow, I prefer to listen to her podcast the next morning while getting ready...sooo much better without commercial breaks.)

drifter106

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2004
--pulls out dick, pisses into the wind
--claims everyone else started the piss fight.

drifter106 watches zinfamous urinating into the wind and gets piss all over himself....drifter falls down from laughter but notices that zinfamous falls face first into his little puddle.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
drifter106 watches zinfamous urinating into the wind and gets piss all over himself....drifter falls down from laughter but notices that zinfamous falls face first into his little puddle.

It is hilarious to me that the guy who started a thread bragging about Fox News' ratings is now terribly upset that it's a pissing match.

Also, who gives a single, solitary shit as to what Fox News' ratings are except the people who own it or work for it? Do you feel validated by it or something? If so, that's pretty weird.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

"I'm rubber, you're glue?"

so....~2nd grade is where your arrested development settled in?

jesus fucking christ. how do you twerps even bother to function with actual humans?

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Oh noes, I decided to watch basketball last night instead of Maddow! Sorry guys, MSNBC will continue to slide in the ratings!

(PS when I do listen to Maddow, I prefer to listen to her podcast the next morning while getting ready...sooo much better without commercial breaks.)

I don't even have cable TV anymore just because I refuse to pay for FOX. I catch it on my phone later on.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We have organized religion because having a collective of delusional people that reinforce each others delusions provide emotional value to the deluded that outweigh the obvious stupidity of paying a cadre of elite dispensers of opium such that they can live parasitically and not have to work.

It is the same with Fox News, where making people feel good about their own imbecility as a collective group of delusional morons is rewarded by a sense of community. A collective is like a herd with truth as the predator. One's own imbecility can be masked by the its seeming universality. You feel safe from the truth if everybody else is also nuts. Fox dispenses the opium that tells fools they are really OK and should be proud of their madness.

In this way the priesthood at Fox make a healthy living without having to do anything but drug those who need their fix.

drifter106

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2004
We have organized religion because having a collective of delusional people that reinforce each others delusions provide emotional value to the deluded that outweigh the obvious stupidity of paying a cadre of elite dispensers of opium such that they can live parasitically and not have to work.

It is the same with Fox News, where making people feel good about their own imbecility as a collective group of delusional morons is rewarded by a sense of community. A collective is like a herd with truth as the predator. One's own imbecility can be masked by the its seeming universality. You feel safe from the truth if everybody else is also nuts. Fox dispenses the opium that tells fools they are really OK and should be proud of their madness.

In this way the priesthood at Fox make a healthy living without having to do anything but drug those who need their fix.

That is the most flowery response I have seen on this board....

drifter106

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2004
"I'm rubber, you're glue?"

so....~2nd grade is where your arrested development settled in?

jesus fucking christ. how do you twerps even bother to function with actual humans?

thats why I am responding to your post.....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That is the most flowery response I have seen on this board....

It was also unfair. Words like stupid and imbecilic, moron etc are really not fair. It's s just how cowardliness looks to liberals. In order for us to survive the tortuous bonds of conformism, living in a herd, as children we had to deny our hatred for such confinement or we would have been endlessly tortured. There were two choises to escape that torture, rationalize all feelings of guilt and join with the torturers, or preserve some shred of dignity by surrender to victim sympathy. You have to rationalize the moral bankruptcy of conservative thinking in order to look at yourself in the mirror. You would have died if you hadn't so nobody should blame you for it. But it is time to wake up because everything you fear has already happened. Life is actually good.

And if you are going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Mar 11, 2004
Are you blatantly trolling or are you just completely oblivious to how rude and condescending your own posts are?

Anyway, go back and look at the actual numbers. Fox is winning in a dying market. Only a small percentage of Americans watch cable news anymore.

Its both. I used to spend quite a lot of time wondering if its stupidity or trolling, and then have come to understand its both and that the two are closely correlated. They really are that stupid, but that's also why their minds justify their trolling because they seriously don't register their own actions. Look at pretty much every instance where a conservative start complaining about name calling (or "pissing contest" in this situation), and they're the ones that started it but they literally are not aware of that because their brains don't function normally. They have this weird contradictory self absorption with absolutely no self awareness that no joke, is a sign of a fundamental differences to certain aspects of their consciousness. They clearly do understand things like hypocrisy, but they're unable to recognize it in themselves (outside of some major situations, that's what triggers their "born again" and other epiphanies is something finally does click over that awareness for them, and you see why its so strong to them because their brains are locked into a state that protects it's broken logic by ignoring the schisms within itself, and when that goes away, its like a new level of clarity because they're finally able to apply the critical part of their brain in an introspective way and become aware of their awful behavior).

Reactions: greatnoob

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
All this means is that the U.S. has a poorly informed majority of viewers who cant tell the difference between objective, factual news vs clear cut propaganda that panders to one political party and one ideology (right wing conservatism) over all else. The majority of viewers prefer to hear what they want to hear as long as it conforms with their biases. Smarter folk recognize biases and agendas for what they are and seek sources that offer fuller context to news that is not so obviously aligned to one party or ideology. The majority of viewers do not constitute a 'better' standard of truth or fact recognition, but rather they just may be dumber.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
All this means is that the U.S. has a poorly informed majority of viewers who cant tell the difference between objective, factual news vs clear cut propaganda that panders to one political party and one ideology (right wing conservatism) over all else. The majority of viewers prefer to hear what they want to hear as long as it conforms with their biases. Smarter folk recognize biases and agendas for what they are and seek sources that offer fuller context to news that is not so obviously aligned to one party or ideology. The majority of viewers do not constitute a 'better' standard of truth or fact recognition, but rather they just may be dumber.
and lazier, even if they know it's wrong they refuse to do even the slightest research to verify their views.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Yes. Viewers of Fox news see things like "TRUMP CUTS US AID TO 3 MEXICAN COUNTRIES" and feel all validated for supporting the wall to keep out those evil Mexicans (3 countries worth no less!) Trump keeps telling them about.