Fox News basic math via their graphics

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
IDK what is it like? So many rabid fox news haters in this thread just foaming at the mouth because of some misleading graph.

y'know, sport-o - I stopped watching any news, be it network or cable, years and years ago... It tends to be puff pieces and bullshit. Now I'll watch clips that are posted to the internet, other then that I pay it no mind...

Aren't you just a bit concerned that Fox News lead its viewership to believe Mitt Romney was going to win the Oval Office thanks in large part to this little feller:
dean-chambers.jpg

Despite all of the obvious signs of failure and doubling down on dreamwishes - you're not going to get to alter reality....

Step out of your rage bubble for awhile.... or continue to do as you and your friends are wont: wash, rinse, repeat....

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
y'know, sport-o - I stopped watching any news, be it network or cable, years and years ago... It tends to be puff pieces and bullshit. Now I'll watch clips that are posted to the internet, other then that I pay it no mind...

Aren't you just a bit concerned that Fox News lead its viewership to believe Mitt Romney was going to win the Oval Office thanks in large part to this little feller:
dean-chambers.jpg

Despite all of the obvious signs of failure and doubling down on dreamwishes - you're not going to get to alter reality....

Step out of your rage bubble for awhile.... or continue to do as you and your friends are wont: wash, rinse, repeat....

Are you out of your mind? Do you not see the constant rage here from the left? Some of you go so far as to declare war and wish the other side would die off. It's been said here many, many times.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
You two seeing the entire country right of center has nothing at all to do with the fact that you two are extreme leftists?

Put down the crack pipe. Or is it LSD? Either way, you are off in la-la land.

As I pointed out to DSF (and he absolutely refused to defend his position, which speaks volumes as to how much he really believes it, since he can't produce any evidence in his defense), Obama's defining moment of his presidency is the PPACA, which is based on a 20year old GOP proposal.

Given that Hillarycare 20 years ago was to the LEFT of the GOP proposal, and Obama is now basically using the GOP proposal, simple logic says that is a movement to the RIGHT.

Also, since the GOP now hates the PPACA, that also shows the GOP has moved further to the RIGHT.

When Obama nationalizes the banks, then you can complain about him being a liberal.

Reality sucks for you doesn't it?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, there's really no mainstream liberals. Anyone truly on the "left" is considered a wacko.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Most of the raging in this thread seems to be coming from the people defending the graph. Especially in the past 20 posts or so...

I don't know about the rest of the posters, I'm not mad/angry/"foaming at the mouth". I simply think it's funny how obvious the spin was, and think that news sources of all types should be called out on their shenanigans.

Nov 30, 2006
We'll see if you two are equally dismissive of the right the next time they catch the "liberal" media in a lie, assuming you aren't shrieking in harmony with them. Of course I suppose you're correct in noting that catching Fox lying isn't exactly news.
I wouldn't say I'm being "dismissive" per se...instead, I believe the word "jaded" would be a more accurate adjective. I personally perceive a ton of liberal/conservative bias in the media and this distorted graph Fox used doesn't particularly alarm me in the scheme of things. Yes...Fox News is biased and this is just one of many examples illustrating this. However, similar bias occurs in many liberal media outlets as well...especially seen in the "news" story coverage choices and the selective usage of "facts". Rarely do you see an objective analysis of issues that fairly represents conflicting perspectives.

Yes, we agree, catching Fox News "lying" isn't exactly news...I just find the selective outrage over this particular graph to be more humorous than anything else. If this pisses people off, so be it....I could care less what most of the mindless hacks around here think.

“Ultimately journalism has changed....Partisanship is very much a part of journalism now.” - Les Moonves (CBS Corporation Chairman and CEO)

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003

dean-chambers.jpg

I dont watch any of them either. But the number of libs that get themselves raging at fox news is amazing.

Say fox news to them, and its like a code word to go nuts.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
I have to agree with the ironically-quoting-einstein guy. Any outrage or even interest in this particular case is narrow-minded. Can't think of anything i've seen on fox that's less harmful or more insignificant than this stupid graph controversy.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I have to agree with the ironically-quoting-einstein guy. Any outrage or even interest in this particular case is narrow-minded. Can't think of anything i've seen on fox that's less harmful or more insignificant than this stupid graph controversy.

How about a Fox News host calling Obama a defacto terrorist?

Nov 30, 2006
Are you insulting my intelligence, my religiousity, or both? Just curious.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
How about a Fox News host calling Obama a defacto terrorist?

The definition of terrorism pretty much encompasses all politicians, so they are right. The use of intimidation in pursuit of political aims is pretty much par for the course of being in politics.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

As I pointed out to DSF (and he absolutely refused to defend his position, which speaks volumes as to how much he really believes it, since he can't produce any evidence in his defense), Obama's defining moment of his presidency is the PPACA, which is based on a 20year old GOP proposal.

Given that Hillarycare 20 years ago was to the LEFT of the GOP proposal, and Obama is now basically using the GOP proposal, simple logic says that is a movement to the RIGHT.

Also, since the GOP now hates the PPACA, that also shows the GOP has moved further to the RIGHT.

When Obama nationalizes the banks, then you can complain about him being a liberal.

I am not sure you can even tell what is reality. How many of the lefty organizations out there do you have to ignore for you to come up with the theory that there is no left in this country?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

The GOP hated the PPACA 20 years ago. That's why it couldn't even make it to floor for a vote when they held the majority.

Nothing's changed.

Fern

Last edited:

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Not this shit again. Politifact says this is simply not true. All they truly have in common is the individual mandate and enforcement was very different.

Obamacare is not the plan that Heritage came up with and even if it were it was never put to a vote for a reason: it was a stupid idea.

However, you and I do agree for once: a stupid idea is Obama's defining moment.

Nov 30, 2006
Not this shit again. Politifact says this is simply not true. All they truly have in common is the individual mandate and enforcement was very different.

Obamacare is not the plan that Heritage came up with and even if it were it was never put to a vote for a reason: it was a stupid idea.

Shhh...don't pop his little bubble. It's really cute.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
I am not sure you can even tell what is reality. How many of the lefty organizations out there do you have to ignore for you to come up with the theory that there is no left in this country?

I see you still are working on those anger management issues, without much success from your posts here.

You can:

#1 Refute my post and explain how Obama co-opting a GOP healthcare proposal is somehow a leftward movement.

#2 you can post relevant quotes from my posts showing how you know I am a "liberal", LOL. Should be fun, since you don't even know what a liberal is, you just heard the word on fox news.

#3 You can run away with your tail between your legs and probably just insult me once or twice more because you have no facts to add.

I'm betting on #3, since that is your M.O for a long time here. But feel free to post some real facts if you wish. You never have, but there is a first time for everything.

Bonus question #4: Defend how Fox has long standing documented history (pics in my earlier post) of lying and faking graphs, as well as switching political affiliation to lie about GOP members getting in trouble.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005

Hate to burst your bubble, most of the defining features of the ACA came from the GOP plan.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123670612

But the summary of the Republican bill from the Clinton era and the Democratic bills that passed the House and Senate over the past few months are startlingly alike.

Beyond the requirement that everyone have insurance, both call for purchasing pools and standardized insurance plans. Both call for a ban on insurers denying coverage or raising premiums because a person has been sick in the past. Both even call for increased federal research into the effectiveness of medical treatments — something else that used to have strong bipartisan support, but that Republicans have been backing away from recently.

So yeah, ACA is based on he GOP proposal..maybe not directly, but it shares the major concepts. Even the individual mandate.

Or do I need a Fox news article for you to believe it?

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hate to burst your bubble, most of the defining features of the ACA came from the GOP plan.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123670612

So yeah, ACA is based on he GOP proposal..maybe not directly, but it shares the major concepts. Even the individual mandate.

Or do I need a Fox news article for you to believe it?

So is politifact too right leaning for you? http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...5/ellen-qualls/aca-gop-health-care-plan-1993/

Your position is basically that Under Pressure and Ice Ice Baby are the same song because they share the same riffs.

What were you saying about a bubble? :colbert: