Fourth of July fanatics?? WITH PICS!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I can't get crazy until I get to know my neighbors.

Sucks, because my best friend at work is a fanatic. He's probably got $5000 worth of fireworks in his basement. He'd turn me on to enough to keep the sky lit up for a while for next to nothing.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Fireworks are legal in Sacramento which to me doesnt make much sense considering the amount of dry brush around. Oh well, Ill keep the hose handy :)

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Hell yes, finally another pyro. :D

Yes, the sparkler bombs are awesome. Use 5 boxes of the WOODEN (not metal) Sparklers wrapped tightly with electrical tape. Exactly how, well, either look it up or figure it out. ;) I'll leave the details to you.

Fortunately for me, I don't have to spend TOO much on fireworks, though they'll be much more obnoxious than yours. All I got is a little innocent-looking pile of bags full of shiny powder... :D

:beer::D

cleanerupper

Mar 13, 2006
Fireworks are just too much damn fun! M80's and M-1000's are great. Exploding picholo pete's are the shizznit.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I forsee a "Oh Sh!t I just burned my house down" thread in your future...

TWills2

Jun 8, 2006
Christmas < 4th of July. We do our own fireworks display and have tank wars and stuff. Each year we 'test' all the firecrackers to see which are the best. So far, 'wonder boy' is the best, in terms of power and noise. Also, the Excalibur Artillary Shells are by far the best imo for the money. Also, try to find the artillary shells that stay in the launcher, if you can. They are amazing!

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I'll watch a fireworks display at the beach on the 4th. Going to drive down for the day and visit my parents and entire family who are vacationing for the week at St. George Island, FL. I'll be coming back the next day so I can take care of my parents' cat and their watering needs. Should still be fun though.

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
yup cant wait!!

EDIT: went down to the Keys to get some of the good stuff
its so stupid here in South FL
in Broward and Monroe county its legal to sell but its illegal to sell in Dade county??

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by: TWills2
Christmas < 4th of July. We do our own fireworks display and have tank wars and stuff. Each year we 'test' all the firecrackers to see which are the best. So far, 'wonder boy' is the best, in terms of power and noise. Also, the Excalibur Artillary Shells are by far the best imo for the money. Also, try to find the artillary shells that stay in the launcher, if you can. They are amazing!

my neighbor and I used to do bottle-rocket wars on the 4th, and I always got the short end of the stick - she was shooting from her porch, where the overhang protected her, while I was stuck out in the street with a soda bottle :p

Nate

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
bump for the after-fireworks crowd. Added a few more images to the gallery linked above that I took earlier tonight.

Nate

newParadigm

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2003
got some roman candles from canada last week while i was camping, cant get anything to loud, i have some dickhead neighbors

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
Ive made some home made goodies. Got to your local hobby shop and pick up some size D-0 i think rocket engines. (the ones with no delay to pop the chute, used for 2 or 3 stage rockets) and glue that into the bottom of a tube (I just buy the tubes at the hobby shop since they work perfectly) Then put in your biggest explosive (half stick, m-80, silver salute, etc.), cut off the wick to barely anything (enough to get lit though) and put it directly ontop of the engine to catch the backblast. Then glue on a nose cone and some fins to guide it. HOLY CRAP. Ive got a buddy that lives 2 towns over (maybe 10 miles away) and i told him to go outside and listen on the phone. IT was SO LOUD at my house, and after like 10 seconds he said he finally heard it and it was very "boomy" When you get it up there, its loud for a long distance. When I went to my aunt's house 2 years ago, my uncle did the same thing, except he used an F engine (you have to be someone special to buy those i think) and he made a bomb out of a paper towel tube, smokeless black powder my dad uses to reload ammunition, hot glue, duct tape, and cardboard. He loaded that directly in the top, leaving a hole instead of putting a wick in, and put all the fins, nose cones etc. on and he even painted it red. It looked like one of those rockets from that road runner cartoon. He launched it and it set off car alarms for like 3 miles. I swear its the loudest thing Ive ever heard. It had to be up about a few thousand feet when it went off too. I didnt think it would be that loud that high, but it was.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Maxspeed996
Hey all , I'm looking for good ideas for the 4th celebration this year. I'm having a bash at my house this year and want to kick it off right. I live in North Central Indiana and for the first time EVER. Out of State fireworks are now LEGAL and we are allowed to light them off on private property.....
Anyone else getting crazy?:beer:
EDIT: Link set up

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/Maxspeed996/Picture17.jpg

last year we had more than that :D

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/...icture14.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

There WAS this years arsenal , the earlier picture was from last year....Turned out to be pretty wild. We were able to light them off for 5 hours solid , and I've still got a half a closet full of them..... I wish I would have taken a picture of the street in front of my house..OMG. The paper and cardboard bits.....I had to get my shop broom out and sweep the street at like 1am once we quit....then had to do the walk through all of my neighbors yards to check for debris. 4 house's down there was a car parked that was just COVERED in paper in cardboard bits. I cleared all of that off. It was insane..I was actually tired of lighting them all of when it was all said and done. I just wanted to sit and drink.