Fourth of July fanatics?? WITH PICS!!

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
Hey all , I'm looking for good ideas for the 4th celebration this year. I'm having a bash at my house this year and want to kick it off right. I live in North Central Indiana and for the first time EVER. Out of State fireworks are now LEGAL and we are allowed to light them off on private property.....
Anyone else getting crazy?:beer:
EDIT: Link set up

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/Maxspeed996/Picture17.jpg

Skiddex

Golden Member
May 17, 2001
sister turns 21, so that will involve us going to downtown milwaukee and getting sh1tty

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
I'm going to set fire to the ozone layer with the pile of explosives that I've got....I'll have a link up to pics as soon as I get my photobucket set up.

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Skiddex
sister turns 21, so that will involve us going to downtown milwaukee and getting sh1tty

Brother.....you speak of getting sh1tty.....Man , I'm going to be lucky to not blow my fingers off.....everything you see in the picture has a little white warning tab "Shoots Flaming Balls With Report"

I'm probably going to dump another few hundred dollars into the madness this year on top of that pile. My wife thinks it's funny , and my neighbors love it. Well , there is this one guy across the street and down a few houses.....he has complained about fireworks at 10pm the last TWO YEARS IN A ROW. And threatened to call the cops on us. I am good buddies with the rest of my neighbors. Heck we are all home owners , and we look out for each other. It's a good neighborhood. And this guy is a total ass. Well , this year he can eat $hit. I've got the firepower , and the law on my side FINALLY!!!
Let the games BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin1211

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
man i wish i took some pics of the fireworks we had when i went to the philippines. We literally had two pick-up trucks filled with fireworks.. ahh good times.. good times..

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
nice picture Odin!! I can't wait to see if I can get some good ones myself. I'm going to set up a tri-pod with my camera on it. My camera has a wireless remote that I can hopeully snap pictures quickly enough to get some good ones!!
I'll put up pictures of my first Mortar Jig tonight.....my finale , I've got a Remote trigger system that will allow me to remotely ignite fuses on up to ten items , one at a time , or all at once.....
I usually have no problem in shutting off the streetlights up and down both sides of my street with my shows.....I can't wait!!!

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
I've been poppin my own fireworks the past couple of years, and I'm thinkig of going back to watching the mainstream fireworks that the city puts out.

I'm getting too old, and I don't want my ears ringing again. :p

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Maxspeed - you don't want a quick shot... Does your camera have manual settings?

If it does, set to ISO 100, f/16 and use longer exposures. The shot I linked was a 4 second exposure. I also will use 20-30 second exposures, but cover and uncover the lens to only expose the bursts, and not the trails where the rocket is shooting up - though you still get some of the smoke from the trails lit up by the light from the bursts.

Dunno what kind of show you are doing, but if it's a larger thing with in the air bursts then that will yield you some good shots.

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
Awesome tip Odin , I'm not much of a photographer , so SWEET TIP!! What are you using to cover and uncover the lens with?
That's what I'm talkin about!! Come on people, anyone tinkering in the garage and making some home made goodness???

Has anyone ever heard of the notorious "sparkler bomb" ?? A friend of mine told me that I should give one a try.....but I don't like to play with stuff like that without a trial run first. Last year we were able to detonate half a coffee can filled with gunpowder in a port-o-pot out in the country....

BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

I've never laughed so hard in my life.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Oh also, you're pointed at the sky, so you won't be able to really focus on anything, so set the lens to manual and focus around the infinity mark.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
In the 6-county area surrounding San Francisco, all fireworks are illegal, even sparklers!

I miss the good ol days of living in Missouri where anything goes.......

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Fmr12B
In the 6-county area surrounding San Francisco, all fireworks are illegal, even sparklers!

They do put on a good show over the bay though :)

Maxspeed996

Dec 9, 2005
Originally posted by: OdiN

I think they are actually floating a barge with the launch apparatus on it out in the middle of the bay..with all of the wildfires out there , I think it's safer to keep them illegal!!
I'd like to see that show sometime.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Maxspeed996
Hey all , I'm looking for good ideas for the 4th celebration this year. I'm having a bash at my house this year and want to kick it off right. I live in North Central Indiana and for the first time EVER. Out of State fireworks are now LEGAL and we are allowed to light them off on private property.....

I thought Indiana allowed a lot of good fireworks regardless. Illinois allows snakes & poppers as the most dangerous fireworks - so my perspective is a bit off.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Maxspeed996
Originally posted by: OdiN

I think they are actually floating a barge with the launch apparatus on it out in the middle of the bay..with all of the wildfires out there , I think it's safer to keep them illegal!!
I'd like to see that show sometime.

Yeah that's what they did last year. Shot them off over the bay. They ran two identical shows. One at Pier 39 and one farther up near the Ocenarium I think.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
No, not really. Maybe I'll fire up the X360 and play a few GRAW matches on Live.

It's illegal to buy fireworks, but people have been launching missiles in my neighborhood since 2 weeks ago. I'm gonna have to bust out the hoses and soak my roof on 7/4.

The Pentium Guy

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2005
last 4th of july i got home and some idiot drunk teenagers were launching fireworks in our neighborhood, right in front of the house. neighbors called the cops and thought it was us :confused:.

i'm montreal this 4th of july and this thread made me remember it's the AMERICAN independence day.

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
No, not really. Maybe I'll fire up the X360 and play a few GRAW matches on Live.

It's illegal to buy fireworks, but people have been launching missiles in my neighborhood since 2 weeks ago. I'm gonna have to bust out the hoses and soak my roof on 7/4.

They're illegal here in St. Louis county too, but around my house, the cops and firemen are the ones shooting the biggest / loudest / brightest stuff every year :p

Nate

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE 4TH OF JULY!!! My favorite time of year! I love the summer, and celebration, and fireworks. I love everything about it